GSP is Best P4P and GOAT. No informed fan can debate this thread!

NaturalKing

Reasons GSP is best P4P.

Biggest reason this debate is even a debate. I've talked to MANY fight fans who have different definitions of P4P. In my opinion, P4P means ?Most Likely to Win Under MMA Rules?. It doesn't mean who is the better street fighter. It doesn't mean ?who is the most entertaining?. It simply means, WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO WIN.

Most people believe there are 3, but there are 6 cornerstones in MMA.

1.Striking-Silva is better.

2.Striking Defense-equal (debateable)Silva looks like he has better striking defense because of his flashy moves. But if you watch all of their fights GSP gets hit less.

3.Wrestling-GSP is better

4.Wrestling Defense-GSP is better

5.Ju-Jitsu GSP is better(don't argue, just google it or watch the fights)

6.Ju-Jitsu Defense-GSP is better. (Fought Penn who is a world champion and didn't avoid his BJJ. He actually dove right into it and won easy). If you are going to argue grease then watch this

This is a tired argument lead by haters who have no ground to argue on except looping video's doctored by other haters. If GSP was guilty, he would have been punished, so drop it.

Being well rounded is very important. Everyone knows that GSP is the most well rounded athlete in the sport. Being unpredictable is the best asset a fighter can have.

Records are another thing to consider when you are considering the best. GSP has a better winning record. GSP has only lost two rounds (debateable) that I'm aware of in his entire career. Those rounds were lost because of one move each. No fighter is a PERFECT fighter, everyone ESTABLISHED champion has their down days due to this or that. But knowing GSP's only ?bad days? were an armbar from a hall of famer and a lucky punch from a nobody, says a lot.

MMAth.

GSP beat Karo Paresian, Karo beat Ryo Chonan, Chonan beat Anderson Silva.

GSP beat Jake Shields, Shields beat Okami, Okami beat Anderson Silva.

We could argue that one a lot but no need, there are tons of more reasons.

When fighting you have to consider a fighter at his best potential and was he at his peak in his career at the time of the fight. Any informed fan knows that fighters peak. Typically after hitting that peak they either fall quickly in talent or keep fighting and have to deal with Uninformed fans smear their name. I've seen people bashing Tito, Couture, Shamrock and even Royce Gracie. Every single day people learn new things to bring to MMA and it doesn't mean the legends are bad fighters. It simply means that EVERY SINGLE FIGHTER PEAKS. This isn't an opinion, it's a fact. Some fighters keep fighting after their peak. It's really sad to watch newbie fans bashing these incredible fighters with no knowledge of the sport when these guys didn't give up in their prime. They stuck around to fight top talent to test themselves knowing the majority would hate them(because MMA is growing very fast and the majority of the fanbase is new). This being said, everyone GSP has ever fought was at the best in their career when GSP faced them.

Silva's opponents have been weak all around since joining the UFC. He joined a weak weight class (don't get me wrong, there are no easy fights in the UFC, but MW is the weakest weight class in UFC..FACT) Please leave the garbage about how ?Silva makes them look weak?. Most of them aren't even in the UFC today because they were SOLD weak fighters. What I'm getting at is, Silva was a UFC cash cow and its unreal how many newbie fans bit that hook. Reminds me of Kimbo.

Most of GSP's opponents remained in the UFC because they are elite opponents, which is why he had the drive to make himself so good. In fact his first pro fight contender, is in the UFC today and winning. A real MMA fan looks at all the opponents, where they have been AND where they are going.

Lets talk performances. I will not win this debate even though I do choose GSP. The debate that I see is a fighter that is a KO artist or a fighter who can pick apart the most elite fighters in the world, and typically win by such a large margin that fighter never has a chance to try ANYTHING. But I will and have admitted that the reason most of this WHOLE debate has been going on, is because of this. And the majority of the people like KO's. So Anderson Silva wins by a long shot. Partly due to all of the merging fans from boxing and the new fans that don't know what passing guard is.

Win Streaks. Silva has the biggest but a lot of the opponents in this streak are terrible fighters and some are just not worthy of TOP MMA talk. Leites? Lutter? Irvin?Cote?Fryklund haha!? Just look at where they are now. Griffin and Belfort had peaked well before their encounter with Silva, Belfort more than Griffin. I love Griffin to death but he is most popular because he was in a slug war with ***** and neither of them had KO power, yet both had decent chins. Griffin has the best personality in MMA which sells him to a lot of fans. Don't get me wrong, he is a good fighter, but aren't we talking ?best? here?

Losses. Easy debate yet a majority of the Silva fans I've talked to in the last month bring it up again and again. The fact is EVERY elite fighter will eventually have losses. Any fighter can win with luck on any given day. What matters is what you do about it. Lots of Silva fans debating me bring up Serra's KO. I saw it. GSP took him lightly, no mystery there. GSP came back to beat Serra so bad it was embarrassing. He also came back to beat Hughes so bad it was embarrassing.

GSP has beat EVERYONE he has ever fought. Silva can not say this. He has lost to 3 other people he never avenged losses to. No he can't avenge those losses now, but yes it matters. We aren't talking about today's best. We are talking about THE best.

Domination. I've head a lot of ?lay and pray? talk about GSP lately. These fans are embarrassing themselves. No one has ever seen GSP lay and pray. GSP mixes it up. Stays unpredictable. If he gets the takedown, he is immediately working on passing guard. A lot of newbie fans call this ?hugging? or ?lay and pray?. He is always working with either striking or passing guard or GNP. A lot of Silva fans say he is more dominant. This is what is fun for me. No fighter in history has been more dominant than GSP. GSP has lost maybe 2 rounds in his career and he does not avoid a fight. He always pushes forward dominating the entire time. Then look at Silva. He lost 4-5 rounds to a one dimensional Sonnen. He only won because Sonnen didn't want to be viewed by the fans as a guy that lay n prayed Silva. He postured up too much to finish and left an opening. People SHOULD know this, its not hard to see. Silva avoided Maia's ground game and set a record for most time lapsed without combat, over a full MINUTE at times. He also avoided Leites. Yet just like Maia, Leites was trying to avoid the striking. Letites would try to pull guard and fall, yet Silva never moved back enough to let the ref stand them up. Silva would land just enough foot kicks to keep the BJJ guy grounded so he could run the clock. I've heard talk about how elite he was because he not only won, but he taunted. Real fighters don't taunt, they fight. No elite fighter wastes time taunting unless you are stalling for some reason. But it plays into the ?fake pro wrestling? fan base. Aka, newbie fans.

Finishes. This is 100% opinion based. I love seeing KO's, thats a fact. But when I can see GSP win against a top competitor in the sport and shut that elite fighter down so bad that the opponent almost never scores ONE offensive point the entire fight, that is talent. The finishing argument was out when they added a time limit. Some fighters are endurace, some are power. If you add a time limit to an endurace fighter, he may run out of time before his talent shows up. No fighter will TRY to win by judge. The judges are horrible as everyone knows. And the longer you are in a fight, the more time your opponent has to pull off a luck win, sub or ko. Why would anyone plan for that. I get a lot of debate on ?GSP fights safe so he's not best P4P? News flash to all newbie fans. The more talented the fighter and/or weight class is, the more DEFENSE you are going to see. If you look at ever WW fighter's record you will see lots of strong defense. Besides, Silva wouldn't default win if GSP didn't finish, lol. Best P4P is considered by MMA rules, not street rules.

Even this person said Silva is the most entertaining, but not the best.

GSP is the best P4P fighter in the world hands down. I did a lot of research for my threads and learned a lot about Silva. I was actually expecting to be proven wrong because I don't know all. But after all of the research, I have less respect for Silva than when I started.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's amazing how transparent this guy is. After MONTHS of spewing his idiotic statements' date=' he STILL has to come back months later trying to get everyone to agree with him. If they weren't gonna listen to your garbage now, they never will. Garbage is still garbage.[/quote']

And still little kids like you attack me, and not my MMA knowledge. Gj kiddo.

yawn.jpg

Obviously you feel like your wrong if you have to keep making the same thread over and over. If I tell you 2 + 2 = 4' date=' I only need to tell you once, not over and over and over and over.[/quote']

MMA isn't as certain as math. WOW. Brains. I just feel like coming in and educating the uninformed from time to time. You still have no comeback though. Just personal attacks. NT KID.

And still little kids like you attack me' date=' and not my MMA knowledge. Gj kiddo.[/quote']

Knowledge? Where?

Here's how the process goes

You ctrl + c ctrl + p

People intelligently dispute you

You ignore, make other things up

Then you claim people are attacking you

Then you leave for a long time, hoping people would forget you

Just to come back and start all over again, hoping everyone forgot their logical argument for this fail of a thread

Knowledge? Where?

Here's how the process goes

You ctrl + c ctrl + p

People intelligently dispute you

You ignore' date=' make other things up

Then you claim people are attacking you

Then you leave for a long time, hoping people would forget you

Just to come back and start all over again, hoping everyone forgot their logical argument for this fail of a thread[/quote']

You haven't said anything about fighting yet. You have only attacked me.......point made kiddo.

You haven't said anything about fighting yet. You have only attacked me.......point made kiddo.

Cause we already did this dance in one of your older threads with your other account. And like I said' date=' all you do is ignore everything and make up stuff. So why bother?

Winning is an important part of the sport.........It wasn't the only facts there...Try reading the entire thread there kiddo.

So winning over a guy who has wins over other guys means you have wins over them too?

Herp derp.

Here's a fact (to go along with your statement of "winning is an important part of the sport")

Silva has more wins

Period

He has more title defenses

Period

He has a bigger winning streak

Period

Those are the only facts needed

If winning is winning, and finishes don't matter, Silva still wins...with MORE wins than GSP

Good job :rolleyes:

The WW division as everyone knows is the most stacked division. Both with talent and number of fighters.

Figure it out.

MW is suppose to be the stacked division

Just because the fighters at MW don't have WWE status does not mean they are not as good or better than WW

Still doesn't explain how GSP can't finish his opponents but others in his division can finish the opponents GSP fought

Be more specific. Why would GSP be #2? He has beat more talented fighters and more decicively.

Anderson has beaten his guys more decicevly. Not Chael Sonnen though which makes it bad for Silva. I don't think Silva is all that hes hyped up to be. I think he needs to move up to be considered the G.O.A.T.

I agree though that GSP has won every fight deisevly.

Sorry, Machida is more well rounded and unpredictable than GSP and his finishing ability is much better.

Considering GSP's blemish against Serra, and Machida's against Shogun, and when Machida beats Jones, machida will career-wise be on the same track as GSP was, and Machida will have faced all-around much more dangerous competition AND competed way outside of his body size as a Heavyweight and tooled guys 40lbs bigger than himself.

Also, Machida could have easily Lay n prayed a 5-round decision against Shogun, but being an actual fighter, and not an MMA game player, he fought for the kill like a man instead of riding people on the ground for a technical win.

Having said all that, Machida isn't even in top P4P discussion for most people, so what does that say about GSP??

This argument is a huge fail.

Cause we already did this dance in one of your older threads with your other account. And like I said' date=' all you do is ignore everything and make up stuff. So why bother?

So winning over a guy who has wins over other guys means you have wins over them too?

[b']Herp derp.[/b]

Here's a fact (to go along with your statement of "winning is an important part of the sport")

Silva has more wins

Period

Period

Period

If winning is winning, and finishes don't matter, Silva still wins...with MORE wins than GSP

Good job :rolleyes:

if your going to make a point try acting like an adult.

Where to begin with this ridiculous post?

Reasons GSP is best P4P.

Biggest reason this debate is even a debate. I've talked to MANY fight fans who have different definitions of P4P. In my opinion' date=' P4P means “Most Likely to Win Under MMA Rules”. It doesn't mean who is the better street fighter. It doesn't mean “who is the most entertaining”. It simply means, [b']WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO WIN.[/b]

Actually, it is who won not who is more likely to win. Silva has that as much as I hate to admit it. Perfect UFC record will do that for you.

Most people believe there are 3, but there are 6 cornerstones in MMA.

1.Striking-Silva is better.

2.Striking Defense-equal (debateable)Silva looks like he has better striking defense because of his flashy moves. But if you watch all of their fights GSP gets hit less.

3.Wrestling-GSP is better

4.Wrestling Defense-GSP is better

5.Ju-Jitsu GSP is better(don't argue, just google it or watch the fights)

6.Ju-Jitsu Defense-GSP is better. (Fought Penn who is a world champion and didn't avoid his BJJ. He actually dove right into it and won easy). If you are going to argue grease then watch this

This is a tired argument lead by haters who have no ground to argue on except looping video's doctored by other haters. If GSP was guilty, he would have been punished, so drop it.

2. Wrong. When I see GSP move like Neo from the Matrix then you might have a valid argument. Forrest's stand-up is nowhere near as awful as Jake Shield's and Shield's made GSP whine cause he hurt his eye.

5. Wrong. GSP couldn't finish an armbar against a guy with no BJJ experience.

6. Wrong. Silva hasn't been submitted or even come close in 7 years.

GSP did grease which is why his back was wiped down before the match started. He also pays guys to dress up as women and kiss his opponents. He also spits water all over himself when fighting BJJ experts only. Dive into danger? Yeah right

Being well rounded is very important. Everyone knows that GSP is the most well rounded athlete in the sport. Being unpredictable is the best asset a fighter can have.

Unpredictable? You mean standing with submissions experts and taking down strikers? Yeah that is very unpredictable. At this point your argument is beyond pitiful.

Records are another thing to consider when you are considering the best. GSP has a better winning record. GSP has only lost two rounds (debateable) that I'm aware of in his entire career.

Stopped reading this garbage right there. You are obviously not aware of much. He has lost 2 fights (which means 2 rounds at least) and then he lost a round against Shields and someone else I believe. GSP does have the record for most consecutive decision victories as champion if I am not mistaken, and that is a record to be proud of. :rolleyes:

You're a moron and I absolutely hate the fact that I had to defend Silva as the better fighter. I despise both fighters because of their being fake. GSP is not the poster boy for class and Silva is just an ******.

if your going to make a point try acting like an adult.

Sometimes you have to sink down to their level to get to them. This kid treats nobody with respect, covers his ears when someone actually talks to him with logic about Silva, and makes things up irrationally, along with belittling everyone, calling them kid, while crying about 'being attacked' at the same time.

Herp derp.

Silva has more wins

Period

Period

Period

Good job :rolleyes:[/quote']

Well then by your theory Travis Fulton is the best P4P. Learn mma kiddo.

MW is suppose to be the stacked division

Just because the fighters at MW don't have WWE status does not mean they are not as good or better than WW

Still doesn't explain how GSP can't finish his opponents but others in his division can finish the opponents GSP fought

If you think MW division is anywhere near as stacked as WW then we have nothing to discuss. You simply need to catch up on MMA knowledge.

WW is the most stacked weight division by a small margin.

MW is the least stacked division by a LARGE margin.

If you think MW division is anywhere near as stacked as WW then we have nothing to discuss. You simply need to catch up on MMA knowledge.

Just cause you say it's the most stacked doesn't make it so

See, more making things up, and ignoring what everyone else says

LW is probably the most stacked division.

HW or FW is probably the least stacked.

Sorry' date=' Machida is more well rounded and unpredictable than GSP and his finishing ability is much better.

Considering GSP's blemish against Serra, and Machida's against Shogun, and when Machida beats Jones, machida will career-wise be on the same track as GSP was, and Machida will have faced all-around much more dangerous competition AND competed way outside of his body size as a Heavyweight and tooled guys 40lbs bigger than himself.

Also, Machida could have easily Lay n prayed a 5-round decision against Shogun, but being an actual fighter, and not an MMA game player, he fought for the kill like a man instead of riding people on the ground for a technical win.

Having said all that, Machida isn't even in top P4P discussion for most people, so what does that say about GSP??

This argument is a huge fail.[/quote']

You are kind of back and forth here. Machida was well on his way to becoming a reputable name. He wasn't given the respect he deserved, even though he WAS a boring safe fighter.

But his ground game was weak, he had holes in his attack defense. He is not well rounded, fact.

LW is probably the most stacked division.

HW or FW is probably the least stacked.

Good thread. LW is very very close. But if you break down the fighters in both diviosions, which takes hours, you will see. Two of the LW talents came back to their original weight class after running from GSP, Diaz and Penn. You can't count them now.

And the HW division got better than MW since the merge, but you are correct pre-merge

You are kind of back and forth here. Machida was well on his way to becoming a reputable name. He wasn't given the respect he deserved' date=' even though he WAS a boring safe fighter.

But his ground game was weak, he had holes in his attack defense. He is not well rounded, fact.[/quote']

Where are all these "facts" coming from? Every response you post is fact this or fact that.

Fact- you are so bias you are blind to logic.

Fact- GSP has the most lackluster performances of ANY UFC champion.

Fact- GSP has a hard time finishing opponents other fights of lesser athleticism (according to you) have finished with relative ease. Kos, Shields, Hughes, and freakin Dan Hardy!

Fact- He plays on the line of cheating. Doing just enough to cause problems and not enough to get penalized.

Fact- he is French Canadian and therefore a lesser human being.

Fact- The fact above is not actually a fact but since you throw random idiocy out there so can I.

You are kind of back and forth here. Machida was well on his way to becoming a reputable name. He wasn't given the respect he deserved' date=' even though he WAS a boring safe fighter.

But his ground game was weak, he had holes in his attack defense. He is not well rounded, fact.[/quote']

Hold up!!!!

Did you just say Machida is not well rounded?!?!?

LMAO WTF R U GAY?

Thats just your lame opinion about MW

I need to catch up on MMA knowledge...LOL

I'm not the sack dangler sprouting garbage about how good GSP nutz taste

Hey if you wanna believe the MW division sucks becuase of the UFC hype machine

You go ahead

Archived