The reason religious threads on this forum are pointless..

peanutz

is because whoever makes the thread be it an Atheist or Theist is not willing to budge on their views in the slightest

even if evidence is provided, the response is along the lines of ok so how did this happen and they want explanations for 1 step back in whatever argument it is centred around.

heres how it goes

Atheist responds with some evidence to say how the first eukaryotic cell was produced, the theist reply is along the lines of well how did the cell know what to do.

Theist responds with some bible reference to suggest god creates the universe, atheist response is well where did god come from.

and this is the cycle that repeats itself in a number of threads each day, if no one is willing to take a middle ground and actually take in what others say to increase the reliability of their views, why make the thread on a discussion forum anyway.

Absolutely incorrect. I am an Atheist, I do not believe that God exists, or doesn't exist. The claim for God has no merit because it has no evidence, thus it is a zero value. I am not claiming non-existence, that cannot be done.

If proof for such a being was presented, I would gladly embrace it. However, I would most likely not follow any religious procedure, as I don't like the idea of bowing down and dedicating my life to a celestial being. I would still accept the fact that such a being / force exists and I would allow that to be an acceptable answer for the Universe's creation, until then, I keep a close eye on the hunt for the real 'smoking gun'.

Absolutely incorrect. I am an Atheist' date=' I do not believe that God exists, or doesn't exist. The claim for God has no merit because it has no evidence, thus it is a zero value. I am not claiming non-existence, that cannot be done.

If proof for such a being was presented, I would gladly embrace it. However, I would most likely not follow any religious procedure, as I don't like the idea of bowing down and dedicating my life to a celestial being. I would still accept the fact that such a being / force exists and I would allow that to be an acceptable answer for the Universe's creation, until then, I keep a close eye on the hunt for the real 'smoking gun'.[/quote']

when you do not believe in god's existence, or non existence, you are an agnostic theist, not an Atheist.

but i see where you are coming from, still does not stop that others argue their point and only their points to death.

when you do not believe in god's existence' date=' or non existence, you are an agnostic theist, not an Atheist.

but i see where you are coming from, still does not stop that others argue their point and only their points to death.[/quote']

Wrong again.

By definition:

Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities.In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities. Most inclusively, atheism is simply the absence of belief that any deities exist.

I subscribe to the notion that there is no God or any deity, I cannot however lay claim to any fact that none exist, as it is impossible. I do not believe in existence without proof, so I simply do not believe, that is an Atheist.

Agnostic suggests I am open to the idea that a deity could exist without proof, but subscribe to no one religious view.

You seem to think of atheism in a very narrow sense, as described above. I would suggest educating yourself on Atheist beliefs before wrongfully labeling anyone else.

Wrong again.

By definition:

Atheism is' date=' in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities.In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities.[b'] Most inclusively, atheism is simply the absence of belief that any deities exist.[/b]

I subscribe to the notion that there is no God or any deity, I cannot however lay claim to any fact that none exist, as it is impossible. I do not believe in existence without proof, so I simply do not believe, that is an Atheist.

Agnostic suggests I am open to the idea that a deity could exist without proof, but subscribe to no one religious view.

You seem to think of atheism in a very narrow sense, as described above. I would suggest educating yourself on Atheist beliefs before wrongfully labeling anyone else.

sigh you trolling me? this is the exact thing i mentioned in starting comment, no one willing to admit they could be wrong....lets go back and look.

you said...'i am an atheist do not believe that god exists or does not exist'

definition of agnostic theist

an agnostic is someone who neither believes nor disbelieves there is a God, whereas an atheist disbelieves there is a God.

if you are an Atheist, you DO NOT believe in god, its not a debate im afraid, its simple definitions of what words mean.

please do not turn this into an argument where you can not accept something so simple as you had a definition of a word wrong, i am not mocking you for it, simply trying to correct a mistake so you do not repeat it in the future. lets continue with the discussion and not get stuck on this point.

thanks.

Isnt this a religious thread - :eek:

no, its a thread discussing some people's inability to move on with a debate and instead getting stuck on 1 point with neither side willing to accept they may be wrong.

i hope JJkid does not keep going on about definitions of religious terms, that was not the intention of the thread.

no' date=' its a thread discussing some people's inability to move on with a debate and instead getting stuck on 1 point with neither side willing to accept they may be wrong.

i hope JJkid does not keep going on about definitions of religious terms, that was not the intention of the thread.[/quote']

Oh ok.

Well in short, IF you are against religios threads, simply bypass them ?

Oh ok.

Well in short' date=' IF you are against religios threads, simply bypass them ?[/quote']

i see what your saying, the problem is i am interested in the religious debate which is why its very frustrating when you get a interesting thread title that gets stuck on 1 point for like 5 pages

sigh you trolling me? this is the exact thing i mentioned in starting comment' date=' no one willing to admit they could be wrong....lets go back and look.

you said...'i am an atheist do not believe that god exists or does not exist'

definition of agnostic theist

an agnostic is someone who neither believes nor disbelieves there is a God, whereas an atheist disbelieves there is a God.

if you are an Atheist, you DO NOT believe in god, its not a debate im afraid, its simple definitions of what words mean.

[/quote']

Let's first point out the fact that I brought forth a legitimate definition from an outside source, you bring claims from your own (ignorant) mind. Here's a second definition, this from Dictionary.com:

Atheist: An atheist is one who denies the existence of a deity or of divine beings.

I deny the existence based on a lack of evidence, next:

thefreedictionary- Atheist: One who disbelieves or denies the existence of God or gods.

I am still denying for the same reason. Let's try another shall we?

Merriem-Webster: a : a disbelief in the existence of deity

b : the doctrine that there is no deity

None of these state that Atheists reject all possibilities of deities, just that we do not believe in their existence.

This is the definition of agnostic:

a person who holds that the existence of the ultimate cause, as God, and the essential nature of things are unknown and unknowable, or that human knowledge is limited to experience.

This suggests that there is a real possibility of a God in my brain, there isn't. I merely stated that if evidence presented itself, I would have to accept it, until then, God is a zero value. Never did I say that there is a real possibility of proof appearing.

Please, if you are going to be wrong, don't be condescending and wrong, I will cite evidence, not just speak from my own limited mind.

no' date=' its a thread discussing some people's inability to move on with a debate and instead getting stuck on 1 point with neither side willing to accept they may be wrong.

i hope JJkid does not keep going on about definitions of religious terms, that was not the intention of the thread.[/quote']

Too bad, you started the conversation, then you brought forth a terrible argument, you deal with the consequences.

i see what your saying' date=' the problem is i am interested in the religious debate which is why its very frustrating when you get a interesting thread title that gets stuck on 1 point for like 5 pages[/quote']

Oh ok.

Just mix it up yourself or maybe make another thread on a dif religious topic ?

Ghandi

Dhali Lama

???

I think we're playing Jeopardy, you named people with historical records... the question would have to be (based on previous examples), "What are examples of fictional profits and deities for 300, Alex?"

:D

Sorry Shinny, you were wrong.

Archived