So it's obvious Sonnen is ducking Palhares.

shinsplint

Just seen an interview with Toquinho & he said he would fight

Sonnen anytime...

Then he say's he never heard back from Chael or his camp.

Typical.

I'll bet my bottom dollar, Chael is ducking him...

For many reason's...

1 - Being he doesnt want to have a fight before A.Silva

&

2 - He know's how bad Rousimar would violate him & send Chael packing from the UFC.

&

3 - Basically Chael is skurred of Toquinho.

That is fact.

Chael who is 5-4 in the UFC.. LoL... Doesnt want to fight a lower ranked guy he know's he would lose to. Then he would have a paltry UFC record of 5-5.

Deal with reality Chael fanboy's...

Truth hurt's.

Not like Chael ever deserved another title shot anyhow.

So why Chael ducking ?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You guys are clearly cracked out...Sonnen would rape this dude' date=' are you kidding me?[/quote']

well i dont agree with the insults i agree with you, how does anyone think palhares would win? he wouldnt take sonnen down, and sonnen has the clear advantage on the feet,

sonnen would UD this brazilian all day

That depends on if Palhares decides to complain to the ref because he couldn't grip Sonnen's leg then get caught. ;)

I could see why he would want to fight Sonnen though because that would put him in contender status. He has, however, only faced 2 top tier guys in Hendo and Nate (both wrestlers) and lost.

If the fight did happen, he would either rip off Chael's leg or he would lose a decision after not being able to take Chael down. Either way, it makes no sense for the UFC to make this fight when they can make a LOT more on the Silva fight.

Why would Sonnen fight this dude when he can rightfully call out the champ and "pound for pound" best fighter in the world? He's the only person on earth right now that can give anyone any hope that Silva is beatable. Sonnen shouldn't waste his time with anyone else, that would just be completely stupid. I don't care what side of the fence you stand with this guy, it would be pure stupidity for him to pursue anything but the champ right now.

Why would Sonnen fight this dude when he can rightfully call out the champ and "pound for pound" best fighter in the world? He's the only person on earth right now that can give anyone any hope that Silva is beatable. Sonnen shouldn't waste his time with anyone else' date=' that would just be completely stupid. I don't care what side of the fence you stand with this guy, it would be pure stupidity for him to pursue anything but the champ right now.[/quote']

The champ will not be able to fight until around Feb or later why not take another fight?

Yup. If Brock is supposedly good enough to get a shot after beating Herring' date=' then Chael more than deserves a title shot. I'm not sure if Anderson is gonna accept though, and yes I am saying he is scared.[/quote']

why would anderson accept? why give the baby his bottle jus because he's crying so loudly.. you honestly think paulo filho couldnt make weight? he did that to screw chael.. when does it stop? chael came close to beating him, does that mean gray maynard should get title shot after title shot because he came so close to beating edgar? chael should stop running his mouth focus on training rack up another few quality wins and earn his title shot like a man

well i dont agree with the insults i agree with you' date=' how does anyone think palhares would win? he wouldnt take sonnen down, and sonnen has the clear advantage on the feet,

sonnen would UD this brazilian all day[/quote']

I agree with you about Palharres not being able to take Sonnen down and I think most everyone else does too but, the point is when Sonnen takes Palharres down he is going to get submitted in about 3 different ways. lol'd.

why would anderson accept? why give the baby his bottle jus because he's crying so loudly.. you honestly think paulo filho couldnt make weight? he did that to screw chael.. when does it stop? chael came close to beating him' date=' does that mean gray maynard should get title shot after title shot because he came so close to beating edgar? chael should stop running his mouth focus on training rack up another few quality wins and earn his title shot like a man[/quote']

your exactly right, and Chael Sonnen knows it too. That is why he keeps running his mouth to stay relevant. He bascially talked his way into a title shot because he knows he might not earn it if he has to fight guys like Palharres, even Bisping.

why would anderson accept? why give the baby his bottle jus because he's crying so loudly.. you honestly think paulo filho couldnt make weight? he did that to screw chael.. when does it stop? chael came close to beating him' date=' does that mean gray maynard should get title shot after title shot because he came so close to beating edgar? chael should stop running his mouth focus on training rack up another few quality wins and earn his title shot like a man[/quote']

This

Let the matchmakers make the fights.

So your saying Chael should focus on other fighters and earning a title shot. Your obviously an Anderson fan, and like him you're scared. Thats the only good fight at 185. If your confident in Anderson, why not fight Chael for another guaranteed win?

The champ will not be able to fight until around Feb or later why not take another fight?

Thats 5 monthz away...ppl act like thats too short a time to get a fight in

Palhares world sub sonnen...the argument that palhares would not take sonnen down us not a strong one....maia was able to use judo to get sonnen down and palhares has better judo the maia imo

Should sonnen fight palhares...yes...but if dana says no cuz palhares is not ranked high enough im cool with that....but if not palhares it better be vitor or okami(if they will fight)

1. Anderson Silva (31-4)

The world?s best pound-for-pound fighter left little doubt as to who rules the 185-pound ranks with a flawless August performance against Yushin Okami in Rio de Janeiro. In 2012, it appears likely that Silva will have a chance to silence Chael Sonnen

2. Chael Sonnen (26-11-1)

In spite of a year fraught with controversy, Sonnen got back to work on Oct. 8, dominating the surging Brian Stann en route to a second-round submission win. The Oregonian will look to prove that he is, as he claims, the true middleweight champion when he rematches top-ranked Anderson Silva in 2012, though whether Sonnen will be relicensed to fight in Nevada remains unknown.

3. Yushin Okami (26-6)

Yushin Okami finally got his chance to vie for the UFC middleweight champion, but it didn't go as he'd hoped. "Thunder" was beaten down by Anderson Silva and summarily sent to the back of the line in the UFC's 185-pound division.

4. Nate Marquardt (31-10-2)

In wake of the TRT debacle that resulted in his exit from the UFC, Marquardt has been mostly silent. However, the perennial middleweight standout has signed with U.K. promotion British Association of Mixed Martial Arts, though no date has been offered for a potential debut.

5. Mark Munoz (11-2)

It was expected after his victory over former UFC title challenger Demian Maia that Munoz might land in a bout with Brian Stann. "All-American" drew Chael Sonnen instead, so Munoz will now become a trivia answer, as he and Chris Leben square off on Nov. 5 at UFC 138 in Birmingham, England, in the promotion's first non-title five-round main event.

6. Demian Maia (15-3)

After coming up short in a close June decision against Mark Munoz, Maia got back on track with a grinding win over Jorge Santiago on Oct. 8. The decorated grappler has won four of his last six starts, all of which have gone the distance.

7. Brian Stann (11-4)

Stann had no answer for the ground attack of Chael Sonnen at UFC 136, submitting to the former title contender in the second frame. The loss snapped a three-fight winning streak which saw Stann polish off Chris Leben, Jorge Santiago and Mike Massenzio.

8. Michael Bisping (21-3)

Bisping silenced antagonist Jorge Rivera in February with a second-round knockout, but the Englishman will attempt to close an even louder mouth later this year. The winner of "The Ultimate Fighter" Season 3 is currently in Las Vegas serving as a coach for Season 14 of the reality series, the finale of which will see Bisping square off against middleweight wildman and rival coach Jason "Mayhem" Miller.

9. Vitor Belfort (20-9)

In his first bout since being victimized by Anderson Silva in February, Belfort blew through Yoshihiro Akiyama with absolute ease in the first round, forcing his way firmly into the middle of the UFC's 185-pound division.

10. Luke Rockhold (8-1)

Rockhold enters the rankings on the back of his Strikeforce middleweight title win, a razor-thin Sept. 10 decision in which the American Kickboxing Academy fighter handed the Brazilian gator his first stateside defeat.

If you take out Nate and Rockhold, then maybe Paul Harris is top ten. I'm still thinking the winner of Leben/Munoz should fight Sonnen aka Munoz should fight Sonnen.

Paul Harris should fight Vitor or the Bisping/Miller winner.

Thats 5 monthz away...ppl act like thats too short a time to get a fight in

Palhares world sub sonnen...the argument that palhares would not take sonnen down us not a strong one....maia was able to use judo to get sonnen down and palhares has better judo the maia imo

Should sonnen fight palhares...yes...but if dana says no cuz palhares is not ranked high enough im cool with that....but if not palhares it better be vitor or okami(if they will fight)

Actually 4 months, 4 1/2 max. So why would he fight between now and then? Then he wouldn't be able to fight again when Silva is ready in 4 months or so. Besides, Palhares has done nothing to show he deserves a fight with Sonnen. Would be a good fight but Palhares needs to beat someone higher up the ladder first.

This fight would be funny as Chael would keep it standing out strike Palhares.

Or Chael would call timeout and when Palhares looked at the ref - Chael knocks him out.

Or Chael could debate Palhares into thinking that the fight was over and that he already lost. Palhares walks out of the cage - DQ

Palhares = great fighter, but dumb as a rock.

So your saying Chael should focus on other fighters and earning a title shot. Your obviously an Anderson fan' date=' and like him you're scared. Thats the only good fight at 185. If your confident in Anderson, why not fight Chael for another guaranteed win?[/quote']

open yer f'n eyes an look at my sig, im no andy fan i have a huge amount of respect for the man but thats as far as that goes.

im also not a fan of WWE an thats exactly where chael sonnen got this idea. he said to himself: self john cena or undertaker or whoever the F is relevant now a days jus lost that title shot, they didnt even work there way back up the ladder again they jus ran there mouth *****ed an complained till they got another shot.. i dont think people should be rewarded for acting like immature tards..

i also think that it isnt a good fight, anderson will beat him again much more convincingly this time.. for anderson its time to add to the legacy by fighting in some super fights most likely at 205 or a catch weight

so you must think gray deserves another shot because of the first round in there last fight?

Anderson and his fans are scared, if Anderson was actually hurt or just wanted to submit Sonnen wouldn't a rematch put his critics to rest? He then could do what ever he wanted with his career do super fights or retire with an untarnished legacy.

Keep making excuses you are only adding fuel to the fire.

Anyone here actually been caught in a heel hook? I tapped so fast good god it hurt. My ankle is messed its been 3 1/2 weeks and its still not fully healed.:(

Really...was it just rolling....if so that guys a jerk if he did it to u full on uknow...u still able roll

Actually 4 months' date=' 4 1/2 max. So why would he fight between now and then? Then he wouldn't be able to fight again when Silva is ready in 4 months or so. Besides, Palhares has done nothing to show he deserves a fight with Sonnen. Would be a good fight but Palhares needs to beat someone higher up the ladder first.[/quote']

Its not like silva would not be able to train for and extra month....this happens all the time....for sonnen to wait 4 3/4 months is a long wait for him

If you take out Nate and Rockhold' date=' then maybe Paul Harris is top ten. I'm still thinking the winner of Leben/Munoz should fight Sonnen aka Munoz should fight Sonnen.

Paul Harris should fight Vitor or the Bisping/Miller winner.[/quote']

Munoz im cool with forgot him....but if munoz won he would not fight silva and dana knows this so i think he would keep those 2 (sonnen and nunoz) away form eachother

open yer f'n eyes an look at my sig' date=' im no andy fan i have a huge amount of respect for the man but thats as far as that goes.

im also not a fan of WWE an thats exactly where chael sonnen got this idea. he said to himself: self john cena or undertaker or whoever the F is relevant now a days jus lost that title shot, they didnt even work there way back up the ladder again they jus ran there mouth *****ed an complained till they got another shot.. i dont think people should be rewarded for acting like immature tards..

i also think that it isnt a good fight, anderson will beat him again much more convincingly this time.. for anderson its time to add to the legacy by fighting in some super fights most likely at 205 or a catch weight

[b']so you must think gray deserves another shot because of the first round in there last fight?[/[/b]QUOTE]

Gray got a second chance from the first title fight. Then he got knocked out in the next one. No need for another.

Chael, was given an immediate rematch after the first fight, but was suspended. He's not talking his way into a rematch. It's inevitable. Chael, the fans, the UFC, and Anderson Silva need closure... - Rematch.

Archived