Potential fights that you don't want to see

MikeyVengeance

Melvin Guillard vs Jim Miller

This would be an awesome fight, but both of these guys are on my favorite list. If Guillard wins, it won't be a bad thing, but if Miller wins then Guillard would most likely get thrown way back in the rankings, especially since he lost to Lauzon who wasn't top 10 at the time.

Dan Hardy vs Yoshihiro Akiyama

Akiyama is supposed to drop weight, and Hardy is the perfect opponent for him; the loser of this fight would most likely go home, I want both of them to stay in the UFC longer.

Takanori Gomi vs Spencer Fisher

Two veterans who love to stand and bang, loser goes home.

Discuss

I would rather see Guillard fight Guida. I dislike both, but would love to see if Guillard could Ko Guida.

I'm not interested in the Mir vs Big Nog fight. Nog was completely dominated and I think that the 2nd fight will turn out the same way to be honest. Then again, I don't know of another match-up for Mir with the title fight being next month and the contender match between Reem and Lesnar. Oh well

Not on topic per say, but I hated the Sonnen vs Stann matchup because it eliminated 1 contender from the title picture from a weight class that has few match-ups as it is.

I would rather see Guillard fight Guida. I dislike both' date=' but would love to see if Guillard could Ko Guida.

I'm not interested in the Mir vs Big Nog fight. Nog was completely dominated and I think that the 2nd fight will turn out the same way to be honest. Then again, I don't know of another match-up for Mir with the title fight being next month and the contender match between Reem and Lesnar. Oh well

Not on topic per say, but I hated the Sonnen vs Stann matchup because it eliminated 1 contender from the title picture from a weight class that has few match-ups as it is.[/quote']

I'm not interested in Nog vs Mir either, the only reason why it's happening is because Nog said he had a staph infection in the first fight. It seems like the match maker has a big infatuation with matching up Ufc veterans vs Ufc veterans.

Hardy vs Akiyama' date=' if Hardy won Akiyama would most likely be given a reprieve because it was his first fight at a different weight class. Hardy would most likely be cut, unless it was another fotn award[/quote']

I don't think Akiyama would get another chance, remember when Marcus Davis got released after his lightweight debut? He was doing good in that fight right before he got knocked out.

I would rather see Guillard fight Guida. I dislike both' date=' but would love to see if Guillard could Ko Guida.

I'm not interested in the Mir vs Big Nog fight. Nog was completely dominated and I think that the 2nd fight will turn out the same way to be honest. Then again, [b']I don't know of another match-up for Mir with the title fight being next month and the contender match between Reem and Lesnar. Oh well[/b]

Not on topic per say, but I hated the Sonnen vs Stann matchup because it eliminated 1 contender from the title picture from a weight class that has few match-ups as it is.

Mir v Werdum would have been sweet :cool:

Archived