Jorge Santiago released

verJJ

Santiago should go to Bellator like Falcao, Gerrald Harris should find his way there too. The UFC makes a lot of stupid cuts, you lose to Stann and Maia and you're cut....its like they didn't even want him to stay because those were 2 fights he wasn't supposed to win. He's better than a lot of the UFCs MWs irregardless of the loses.

Santiago should go to Bellator like Falcao' date=' Gerrald Harris should find his way there too. The UFC makes a lot of stupid cuts, you lose to Stann and Maia and you're cut....its like they didn't even want him to stay because those were 2 fights he wasn't supposed to win. He's better than a lot of the UFCs MWs irregardless of the loses.[/quote']

grammar police:

"irregardless" isn't a word fyi

he sucks ****' date=' couldnt even submit stann, the guy who got submitted by sonnen.[/quote']

As much as know you are trolling, this is actually a valid point.

Maia' date=' was never #1 contender, he was an injury replacement.[/quote']

Injury replacement for Chael Sonnen, who he easily defeated.. It was justified.

Saw it coming...hes good and does really well outside the ufc...but i can think of 5 othe mw guys who should have been cut first...bellator gets another talented guy

He would beat Dan Miller 10 times out of 10.... Exactly what I said, losing to Stann and Maia, two fights he wasn't supposed to win against. He's better than a lot of the middleweights the UFC has. I also said Bellator gets another awesome fighter with Falcao and hopefully Gerrald Harrison finds his way to the promotion cause that guy was 3-0 in the UFC and finished all three guys then lost a decision to a phenom Falcao and was released because that fight was boring. UFC is doing a terrible job getting the young talent in my opinion, Bellator is doing an amazing job there's so many fighters in that organization I want to see fight.

The MW division is so weak they should of kept him

Its not weak at all...its got alot of talent...its not not marketed verywell....the bw to ww are known as speedy face pased guys....lhw to hw are known for there ko power

The mw guys are equally as talented and many can do it all...its just it does not have an marketing ploy....look not farther then gsp vs ??? Promos vs silva vs ??? Promos.....whos looks better?

He would beat Dan Miller 10 times out of 10.... Exactly what I said' date=' losing to Stann and Maia, two fights he wasn't supposed to win against. He's better than a lot of the middleweights the UFC has. I also said Bellator gets another awesome fighter with Falcao and hopefully Gerrald Harrison finds his way to the promotion cause that guy was 3-0 in the UFC and finished all three guys then lost a decision to a phenom Falcao and was released because that fight was boring. UFC is doing a terrible job getting the young talent in my opinion, Bellator is doing an amazing job there's so many fighters in that organization I want to see fight.[/quote']

Yes agreed...bellator is doing a great job getting talent and in 5 years watch out (unless the ufc buys it first)

I can't really argue with the cut when you look at his UFC record. He has some skills but if you can't out grapple the striker and you can't out strike the grappler then you really aren't going anywhere in the division. He was given both styles and failed both times. Good riddance.

I do agree that Bellator seems to be grooming new talent better recently. UFC is holding on to it's Pride legends for dear life but as they fade out there is a shortage of legitimate talented youngsters. There are some obvious exceptions and the UFC certainly still has the most talent overall and the top guys in the world.

I can't really argue with the cut when you look at his UFC record. He has some skills but if you can't out grapple the striker and you can't out strike the grappler then you really aren't going anywhere in the division. He was given both styles and failed both times. Good riddance.

I do agree that Bellator seems to be grooming new talent better recently. UFC is holding on to it's Pride legends for dear life but as they fade out there is a shortage of legitimate talented youngsters. There are some obvious exceptions and the UFC certainly still has the most talent overall and the top guys in the world.

True. I don't think their holding onto the Pride fighters as much as you think tho. I believe they would actually like to see several of them retire, especially Cro Cop and Wandy. Most of these guys are probably gonna have a even shorter leash after the Japan show, regardless of whether they are in it or not including Takanori Gomi . Big Nog will be next depending on how bad he looks against Mir despite his win over Schaub.

True. I don't think their holding onto the Pride fighters as much as you think tho. I believe they would actually like to see several of them retire' date=' especially Cro Cop and Wandy. Most of these guys are probably gonna have a even shorter leash after the Japan show, regardless of whether they are in it or not including Takanori Gomi . Big Nog will be next depending on how bad he looks against Mir despite his win over Schaub.[/quote']

How the **** do you know he will look bad against mir.

Can't use MMAmath idiot.

Can't use MMAmath idiot.

Because Mir beat Nog before, was the first to score a TKO over him. Nog's getting older, Mir's striking seems to be improving, and I think a big part of Nog beating Schaub was a huge mental boost of fighting in Rio in front of Brazilians.

As for Santiago, it's a shame. It's like Oliveira getting thrown against top LWs so fast. Seems like the UFC is expecting some of these promising young guys to catch fire REALLY fast or they don't want them, while some like Jones are given a more friendly and gradual road that actually lets them grow as a young fighter.

And hopefully Bellator avoids the Zuffa buyout. Since they've managed to deftly maneuver onto TV coverage and not compete directly with UFC on PPV, they've set themselves up well to avoid a big buyout.

Maybe the UFC is looking at that huge amount of Fox Sports contract money and is going to bank it and use it to buy out Bellator as long as their Fox deal stays solid after a few shows.

Can't use MMAmath idiot.

Wow! Who's the idiot again??? and I never said Mir would beat him I said "depending" on how bad Nog looks. Big difference. You can look bad in both a win or a loss. So now not only do you look stupid by suggesting MMA math was even relevant in my statement, you also look illiterate and fail at any comprehension skills period. Not to mention as one other poster stated previously Mir has beaten Big Nog before. We will see just how much an injury had to do with it, but next time time do us all a favor and think before you post.

Archived