Mitrione will save the card

MMA_170

Kongo vs Mitrione

Siver vs Cerrone

BJ Penn vs Nick Diaz

Do we really need to care that GSP isn't on the card? these are 3 of the most intriguing fights I've seen in a good while.

I'm very excited to see Hioki debut too, the guy has 2 wins over Mark Hominick and utterly DOMINATED Marlon Sandro, two top 10 featherweights easily. Roop being enormous and coming off two sick performances against Jung Sung and Grispi by way of knockout.

I always expect Bart Palaszewski vs Tyson Griffin to be a war, two very solid lightweights at 145lbs who are well rounded little dogs. I'm excited to see Griffin progress in the division I think he could have a chance of beating Aldo if he starts to put it together very well and gains his confidence back after that knockout Gomi gave him.

Brad Tavares coming off a loss he looked great in, but a loss none the less against a solid Aaron Simpson. Tavares striking looks great, he abuses his range with his aggression beautifully and he showed some amazing wrestling for facing Simpson, excited to see him fight even if it's him being fed at just 23.

Not too excited for Nelson vs Cro Cop, hope Cro Cop finds a dynamic knockout to walk away into the horizon. I'm sure I'll enjoy this fight unless Nelson just smothers Cro Cop with blubber to a decision.

I'll enjoy the rest of the fights too I'm sure, wasn't looking forward to the main event at all this card is amazing enjoy it.

Enjoy Kongo's Win.

6be2f53fccf238e60d02873c96e7c4fd.jpg

I think Mitrione is faster and hits harder, Kongo is more technical but Mitrione is more confident and aggressive. I wouldn't be surprised if either won, I just expect Mitrione to be the better man in the cage and be too much for Kongo, kind of like a faster, more powerful Travis Browne but Mitrione has the same reach as Kongo. He also has good low and high kicks.

I think Mitrione is faster and hits harder' date=' Kongo is more technical but Mitrione is more confident and aggressive. I wouldn't be surprised if either won, I just expect Mitrione to be the better man in the cage and be too much for Kongo, kind of like a faster, more powerful Travis Browne but Mitrione has the same reach as Kongo. He also has good low and high kicks.[/quote']

I don't think he is faster than Kongo, and while he may be stronger i think Kongo can generate more power with his technique

I don't think he is faster than Kongo' date=' and while he may be stronger i think Kongo can generate more power with his technique[/quote']

In my opinion he's definitely faster than Kongo, he has a better chin than Kongo and he's much more confident in the cage than Kongo. He lets it go from the start, as if he'll take what you give him because you can't take what he can give you. He mixes up his striking with kicks and punches very well, both have 82inch reaches, though I'm sure Mitriones arms are a little longer while Kongos shoulders are a little wider. On the ground, I think Kongo will have the better wrestling but Mitrione attacks off his back pretty well and gets into the scrambles.

I understand Kongo is one of your favorite fighters and a lot of guys like to buy into his image as the huge ripped black man being so badass, dudes a big teddy bear and am awesome fight, I love the guy and he's a very accomplished kickboxer I even said before the Pat Barry fight Kongo is the better striker and better kickboxer, he's a Savate and Muay Thai Champion I believe with a record of 22-2 in kickboxing. I just think Mitriones punches are going to come a littler more often, a little faster and a little harder, I think Kongo will start to look for the takedowns because Mitriones speed, power and pace will make him very uncomfortable, Also Mitrione isn't someone you can train well for he's very wild kind of like an advanced Dave Herman standing. I think when Kongo looks for the takedowns he's going to get hurt and eventually finished even if the first few attempts pay off, I also think Mitrione has the better cardio slightly.

Awesome fight, like both guys a lot just see Mitrione being better out there.

I understand Kongo is one of your favorite fighters and a lot of guys like to buy into his image as the huge ripped black man being so badass' date=' .[/quote']

OH no you didn't!

But yeah i read your prediction(and its a good one) and there are some points to it, but regardless Mitrione will have to cheick himself before he wrecks himself.

OH no you didn't!

But yeah i read your prediction(and its a good one) and there are some points to it' date=' but regardless Mitrione will have to cheick himself before he wrecks himself.[/quote']

I could see Mitrione going down really hard, he's extremely wild and aggressive going against a way more technical and experienced striker, not much of a size speed or power advantage so it kind of seems like whoever can make it their fight. So stoked for this , Siver vs Cerrone and Penn vs Diaz. I could give a single **** that the main event is gone we all could of foretold that one.

I could see Mitrione going down really hard' date=' he's extremely wild and aggressive going against a way more technical and experienced striker, not much of a size speed or power advantage so it kind of seems like whoever can make it their fight. So stoked for this , Siver vs Cerrone and Penn vs Diaz. I could give a single **** that the main event is gone we all could of foretold that one.[/quote']

Yeah this card is stacked, and really, they are all great fighters so I don't care who wins.

I don't understand why so many think this card is in trouble. It still has many fights that can attack the FOTN.

Diaz vs Penn, Cerrone vs Siver, Mitrione vs Kongo are all great fights, plus they have Vera (who at his best puts on some awesome shows), even Bart vs Tyson could be awesome with those 2 little pitbulls,

In conclusion, stop worrying.

Kongo vs Mitrione

Siver vs Cerrone

BJ Penn vs Nick Diaz

Do we really need to care that GSP isn't on the card? these are 3 of the most intriguing fights I've seen in a good while.

I'm very excited to see Hioki debut too' date=' the guy has 2 wins over Mark Hominick and utterly DOMINATED Marlon Sandro, two top 10 featherweights easily. Roop being enormous and coming off two sick performances against Jung Sung and Grispi by way of knockout.

I always expect Bart Palaszewski vs Tyson Griffin to be a war, two very solid lightweights at 145lbs who are well rounded little dogs. I'm excited to see Griffin progress in the division I think he could have a chance of beating Aldo if he starts to put it together very well and gains his confidence back after that knockout Gomi gave him.

Brad Tavares coming off a loss he looked great in, but a loss none the less against a solid Aaron Simpson. Tavares striking looks great, he abuses his range with his aggression beautifully and he showed some amazing wrestling for facing Simpson, excited to see him fight even if it's him being fed at just 23.

Not too excited for Nelson vs Cro Cop, hope Cro Cop finds a dynamic knockout to walk away into the horizon. I'm sure I'll enjoy this fight unless Nelson just smothers Cro Cop with blubber to a decision.

I'll enjoy the rest of the fights too I'm sure, wasn't looking forward to the main event at all this card is amazing enjoy it.[/quote']

I was hoping to see Condit potential pull the upset sooner rather than later on so it sets up the diaz fight.

Also excited to see Hioki

griffin vs Bart is going to be just aboout like every griffin fight which is amazing.

agree about tavares i think within a couple years when he rounds out his game he can beocme a top 10 fighter just watching his performance agianst simpson he rocked him a couple times and tdd looked good early on.

I was hoping to see Condit potential pull the upset sooner rather than later on so it sets up the diaz fight.

Also excited to see Hioki

griffin vs Bart is going to be just aboout like every griffin fight which is amazing.

agree about tavares i think within a couple years when he rounds out his game he can beocme a top 10 fighter just watching his performance agianst simpson he rocked him a couple times and tdd looked good early on.

He slammed Aaron Simpson too. I loved his knockout over Barrone so much.

I think Mitrione is faster and hits harder' date=' Kongo is more technical but Mitrione is more confident and aggressive. I wouldn't be surprised if either won, I just expect Mitrione to be the better man in the cage and be too much for Kongo, kind of like a faster, more powerful Travis Browne but Mitrione has the same reach as Kongo. He also has good low and high kicks.[/quote']

mitrione does not hit harder than kongo.

Kongo has almost as much power as shane carwin , who is the hardest hitter at heavyweight.

Kongo vs Mitrione

Siver vs Cerrone

BJ Penn vs Nick Diaz

I'm very excited to see Hioki debut too' date=' the guy has 2 wins over Mark Hominick and utterly DOMINATED Marlon Sandro, two top 10 featherweights easily. Roop being enormous and coming off two sick performances against Jung Sung and Grispi by way of knockout.

I'll enjoy the rest of the fights too I'm sure, wasn't looking forward to the main event at all this card is amazing enjoy it.[/quote']

No, we need to be bummed Condit isn't knocking GSP out though.

Archived