The Scouting Thread.

Me_Against_The_World

This is a thread for us forum members to scout and talk about the guys we think should get signed and be in the UFC who currently are not. All divisions that current in the UFC will be discussed with prospects.

I'll start this off, hopefully I can get a Sticky? ( G__row?)

Marlon Sandro 19-3, I personally think despite getting knocked out Via headkick in his last fight he's better than most every Featherweight in the UFC division, he has great jiu jitsu and wrestling, along with quite good striking he utilizes his hands and feet well. No real holes, great experience form champion of other promotions and a big record.

Daniel Strauss 17-4, A hulk of a man at 145, you think Aldo or Kenny are big in that division? Hah this guy is a monster with some really food wrestling. He's 13-1 in his last 14 fights, he can do well standing due to power and size advantage sort of like Rumble. Definitely deserves a spot in the UFC.

Jorge Masvidal 22-6, this guy is a really slick striker beating down Noons, knocking out Yves and Joe Lauzon. He's a rather large Lightweight so he does well at stuffing wrestlers and keeping it standing where he has good length and power. I don't think the Melendez fight is falling through but this guy needs to be scooped into the UFC along with Gill if you ask me. Exciting fighter lightweight.

Mamed Khalidov 23-4-2, the guy is a champion at 185 and 205, he has wins over Jorge Santiago, Igor Pokrajac, Matt Linland, James Irvin and is about to get in there with Paulo Filho. 22 finishes of 23 wins. He's 20-1-2 since losing his first 2 fights, the loss to Santiago which was very controversial which most thought Mamed won. This guy is sick everywhere though, knocking guys out with combinations, headkicks, knees, punches. Submits people with armbars, chokes, leglocks. I think he'd be something to fear at 185lbs in the UFC.

Derek Brunson 8-0, a Middleweight, a division 2 NCAA 3 time all american, Cheerleading national championship team member ( trust me watch this guy, he does crazy things in cheerleading ) 7 finishes, trains at Greg Jacksons and Renzo gracies. He's an enormous Middleweight, not sure but I believe his reach is like 78 inches and he's 6'1.

Blagoy Ivanov 5-0-1, Heavyweight, Sambo world champion ( yeah he beat Fedor ) he's a little undersized at 5'11 240, think he'd do better at Light Heavy but either way this is a guy to watch out for, he has some really good hands and you can't have too bad grappling for being a Sambo world champion. He's fast on the feet, his cardio isn't terrible and the heavyweight division needs more depth.

Some of my mentions, what do you guys have to say?

Hector Lombard

Middleweight

30-2

16 wins by tko/ko

7 wins by sub

7 wins by decision

only 2 losses by decision

Current AFC' date=' CFC, and Bellator middleweight champion[/quote']

I didn't mention Bellator champions because they are stuck in a clause they can't get out of without losing the belt or getting the promotion to agree to releasing them. Lombard, Askren, Eddie and M'Pumbu are all awesome fighters.

An obvious one is Hector Lombard. It surprises me that he doesn't get more attention from Dana White for the simple fact that he has a 23 fight win streak. The guy obviously has talent. He can stand and trade with people, submit them, and toss them around. I know he is facing second class fighters, but he also has a ton of Judo medals. The MW division needs some more fighters, so why not give this guy a try. If he fails against greater competition then he can just be cut again. I would give him Bisping, Munoz, Vitor, or Maia as his first fight, so he doesn't get an easy start against a low tier guy.

Dag, too late. lol

Out of the guys you mentioned I would love to see 1,2 and 6 in the UFC (I'm too lazy to write full names and look at spelling).

Anyone that can add more depth to FW and HW would get my vote.

Hector Lombard as well as Ben Askren also would make great inclusions to the UFC.

An obvious one is Hector Lombard. It surprises me that he doesn't get more attention from Dana White for the simple fact that he has a 23 fight win streak. The guy obviously has talent. He can stand and trade with people' date=' submit them, and toss them around. I know he is facing second class fighters, but he also has a ton of Judo medals. The MW division needs some more fighters, so why not give this guy a try. If he fails against greater competition then he can just be cut again. I would give him Bisping, Munoz, Vitor, or Maia as his first fight, so he doesn't get an easy start against a low tier guy.

Dag, too late. lol[/quote']

Like I said, Lombard basically has to lose to be released from Bellator to get a contract with the UFC, it's a continuous championship clause they have on all their champions that's why Eddie and Lombard haven't been in the UFC. In my opinion Lombard and Eddie are top5 in the world easily.

Out of the guys you mentioned I would love to see 1' date='2 and 6 in the UFC (I'm too lazy to write full names and look at spelling).

Anyone that can add more depth to FW and HW would get my vote.

Hector Lombard as well as Ben Askren also would make great inclusions to the UFC.[/quote']

To lazy to spell names but not lazy to type you were to lazy. LOL

Shane Del Rosario

Heavyweight

11-0

8 tko/ko

3 submission

Former WBC Muay Thai Champion

Improving wrestling with team Deathclutch

Potential Top Ten Heavyweight

Next fight TBA

Alex Garcia

Welterweight

6-1

3 tko/ko

3 submission

only loss to Seth Baczynski

Raw abilties

Next fight 10/21 Ringside MMA 12

Like I said' date=' Lombard basically has to lose to be released from Bellator to get a contract with the UFC, it's a continuous championship clause they have on all their champions that's why Eddie and Lombard haven't been in the UFC. In my opinion Lombard and Eddie are top5 in the world easily.[/quote']

agree with top 5 but unless the move to the UFC we may never know how good they truly are.

Shinya Aoki. I'd like him to prove he belongs in the top 10 by facing real competition.:cool:

I see a lot of guys talking mad trash about Aoki before they fight him in the UFC and then getting embarrassed by huge submission losses.

I don't think he'd ever get the title or beat most of the top 8 but I think he'd fit in at 12-8 and be a consistent great lightweight to add to the already ridiculous division.

Ren? Nazare 10-1 , 3 time world jiu jitsu champion who in his last fight displayed such good striking forced his opponent to take him down utilizing fast hands and low kicks with good aggression. Come on now Dana isn't this a no brainer?

Douglas Lima 20-4 , 23 years old. Huge frame for 170lbs, MFC champion. This guy is really like the Brazilian/American Rory MacDonald, he's good everywhere, he's big, fast, strong and athletic. Has great experience at young age with a very pretty record.

Alexander Shlemenko 42-7, 26 years old Middleweight with very well versed dynamic striking and solid takedown defense. I think he needs to be dropped to 170lbs, as he has to cut nearly no weight at 185 and is pretty small but I think he's a fighter the UFC wants and should not sleep on he has the experience, the ability and way more than the accomplishments to get signed to the UFC, while being young and exciting. He's even Russian, the UFC has far too little northern european fighters it would help get that part of the world a little more MMA oriented than strictly kickboxing that it is right now basically.

Lorenz-Larkin-hitting-Lighty.jpg

brianrogers1.jpg

Youre welcome babe

`1. I am a fan of both fighters and surprised I didn't pick both of them.

2. I love black people, grew up my entire life around many.

3. I think you are one of those ignorant racists who just assumes things upon people because of their race, it doesn't matter which towards I hate people like that.

Lorenz-Larkin-hitting-Lighty.jpg

brianrogers1.jpg

Youre welcome babe

Oh and YVTEVJPLBFOPEUJ.20111016075051.jpg

Was a nice win for my Russian Brother.

Once they actually give Larkin a somebody I doubt he'll look very good standing in my honest opinion, I'm skeptical he seems to do poorly once guys become aggressive and aren't discouraged standing and looking for the takedown. I think someone like Belcher or Stann would put a licking on him, I wish they would have made Cung Le vs Larkin before that fight evaded us forever though.

Larkin vs Feijao?! Larkin vs Mike Kyle!? Larkin vs Marcos Rogerio de Lima!? Any of these fights would help legitimize him as a lethal striker, as of now I just see him as potential and assume the probable that he will die down and be exposed.

As to Brian Rogers He's 8-3 and 27, he's beat on some nobodies but every aspect of his game is very far from being up to par for being any kind of challenger to top fighters. He's dedicated to his job, and I love the guy for it as a special education teacher, so I just don't see Mixed Martial Arts being something he has a chance to go far in. I love watching him though , I think he needs to figure out if he does MMA to do it or if he wants to be something significant in the sport.

To lazy to spell names but not lazy to type you were to lazy. LOL

Yes because I used easy words that I knew how to spell. It is like when I'm talking about Nate Marquardt, I didn't like using his surname cause it ****ed up my head, I just called him Nate The Great, cause I was too lazy to learn how to spell. Different type of lazy to the usual.

Yes because I used easy words that I knew how to spell. It is like when I'm talking about Nate Marquardt' date=' I didn't like using his surname cause it ****ed up my head, I just called him Nate The Great, cause I was too lazy to learn how to spell. Different type of lazy to the usual.[/quote']

We call that being efficient.

`1. I am a fan of both fighters and surprised I didn't pick both of them.

2. I love black people' date=' grew up my entire life around many.

3. I think you are one of those ignorant racists who just assumes things upon people because of their race, it doesn't matter which towards I hate people like that.[/quote']

Wow first you stalk me on here, know my every post, send me PMs, and now your making assumptions? Lol. Like I said in your thread before why bring race into it? I already proved you wrong in your assumptions as to why the why I chose Larkin over Stann and now I'm a racist? You're the only one ever bringing up race around here. Dude get real.

And I only posted these pics because you sent me PMs about black vs white, slaves picking cotton and it seems your super serious about this. As you can tell from the demeanor of my responses to your messages, I was only having fun with it.

Wow first you stalk me on here' date=' know my every post, send me PMs, and now your making assumptions? Lol. Like I said in your thread before why bring race into it? I already proved you wrong in your assumptions as to why the why I chose Larkin over Stann and now I'm a racist? You're the only one ever bringing up race around here. Dude get real.

And I only posted these pics because you sent me PMs about black vs white, slaves picking cotton and it seems your super serious about this. As you can tell from the demeanor of my responses to your messages, I was only having fun with it.[/quote']

Well I the cotton thing was a clear joke....on the avatar bet we have.

With the racist thing, I call it how I see it, I'd be happily told otherwise by you and shown otherwise by you.

Most of this was a joke as far as I was concerned too, just to clarify.

Wow first you stalk me on here' date=' know my every post, send me PMs, and now your making assumptions? Lol. Like I said in your thread before why bring race into it? I already proved you wrong in your assumptions as to why the why I chose Larkin over Stann and now I'm a racist? You're the only one ever bringing up race around here. Dude get real.

And I only posted these pics because you sent me PMs about black vs white, slaves picking cotton and it seems your super serious about this. As you can tell from the demeanor of my responses to your messages, I was only having fun with it.[/quote']

Well I the cotton thing was a clear joke....on the avatar bet we have.

With the racist thing, I call it how I see it, I'd be happily told otherwise by you and shown otherwise by you.

Most of this was a joke as far as I was concerned too, just to clarify.

I never stalked you, honestly why even say that **** when it's clear I haven't. I just remembered you saying stupid things like Melvin Guillard has the best striking in the division, how Georges St. Pierre could never handle Rumbles striking and Koscheck only won because of eyepokes and how Cheik Kongo will knock Mitrione out easily and so on. I feel like I said, you are one of those ignorant racists who just assumes things stereotypically because of race, instead of looking at people as individuals ( its how most people are don't worry ).

Second, the cotton picking thing was a joke too, I knew you were joking and didn't think you'd be dumb enough to think I was serious. I PMed you a bet, out of this little rivalry we have going on, before extending it to you initially in a thread like usual?

I'm going to speak my mind, and I don't mind being proven wrong or told I'm wrong because they gives me the opportunity to learn and widen my perspectives, but thats how I honestly view you from what you say and think on here and I know you'd deny it either way. I'd rather tell you straight up than say nothing because it's "impolite".

Equality is something I'd die for, individualism is something more people need to understand to make this world a better place.

Archived