Sign in to follow this  
uddaside

TUF coaches

TBH i really wanna see velasquez as a TUF coach , i don't know who against though. there isnt enough time for it to be against Junior. plus they wouldnt make Dos Santos a coach again so soon.

Frank Mir and Brock Lesnar would be hilarious!

Mir would be a great coach i thought he did good when he was on the show same with lesnar but yeah that would be a great TUF would be funny as hell

I'd like to see actual coaches as the TUF coaches. Like, Duke Roufus vs. Greg Jackson or something. They could bring in all of their top fighters as assistants. Since the coaches obviously wouldn't be fighting each other at the end, make the stakes a little higher. Winner of the show gets a title shot. Maybe make it another "Comebacks" season with former UFC fighters or even current ones that are popular but a little down on their luck.

TBH i really wanna see velasquez as a TUF coach ' date=' i don't know who against though. there isnt enough time for it to be against Junior. plus they wouldnt make Dos Santos a coach again so soon.[/quote']

Overeem and Cain, if they both win their fights.

I'd like to see actual coaches as the TUF coaches. Like' date=' Duke Roufus vs. Greg Jackson or something. They could bring in all of their top fighters as assistants. Since the coaches obviously wouldn't be fighting each other at the end, make the stakes a little higher. Winner of the show gets a title shot. Maybe make it another "Comebacks" season with former UFC fighters or even current ones that are popular but a little down on their luck.[/quote']

Yeah, that's actually a really good idea, i'm surprised they haven't thought of that before... +1

Yeah' date=' that's actually a really good idea, i'm surprised they haven't thought of that before... +1[/quote']

i like the idea of bringing in the coaches like greg jackson and pat militech also' date=' but i say if not then Rampage vs King Mo, would def see mad smack talk[/quote']

Thanks. I think TUF is getting a little stale. It would shake things up a bit.

and i actually just commented in another thread about having a new tuf of "comebacks" before i even read your post, its the last one in that what if thread about chuck fighting tito, like i said it worked for serra before, i dont see why they dont do it again, plus i would be very curious to see what fighters they put on the show

If it weren't for the problems with them not speaking english, I would love to see it be between Shogun(after he beats Hendo) and Machida(after he loses to Jones).

I'd like to see actual coaches as the TUF coaches. Like' date=' Duke Roufus vs. Greg Jackson or something. They could bring in all of their top fighters as assistants. Since the coaches obviously wouldn't be fighting each other at the end, make the stakes a little higher. Winner of the show gets a title shot. Maybe make it another "Comebacks" season with former UFC fighters or even current ones that are popular but a little down on their luck.[/quote']

This would be a good idea except what would the fighters due while their main coach leaves, how are they supposed to train to the fullest if they have an upcoming fight.

This would be a good idea except what would the fighters due while their main coach leaves' date=' how are they supposed to train to the fullest if they have an upcoming fight.[/quote']

Spot on

Duke Roufus vs. Greg Jackson would be awesome from a technical training standpoint. Probably wouldn't give the wow factor that networks look for though. Also, as mentioned, they would have to leave their own camps in order to do the show which wouldn't be fair to their fighters.

I personally have no desire to see Rashad coach again. I'm not sure who I would like to see, but I am enjoying Mayhem this season. Guy has personality and is a great coach.

If it weren't for the problems with them not speaking english' date=' I would love to see it be between Shogun(after he beats Hendo) and Machida(after he loses to Jones).[/quote']

he wont beat hendo ;) !