Cowboy's turn

JP24

No problems with Siver' date=' but the Cowboy Train must roll on.[/quote']

Ehh, if Siver lets it go, he has a real chance. When he starts putting together combinations like I've seen in his kickboxing bouts and early MMA fights his speed really picks up, he has solid technique and diverse striking along with big power. He just doesn't let it go anymore, becomes a 1-2 and 1-2-3 striker very predictable, Cerrone should pick him apart with his reach.

Ehh' date=' if Siver lets it go, he has a real chance. When he starts putting together combinations like I've seen in his kickboxing bouts and early MMA fights his speed really picks up, he has solid technique and diverse striking along with big power. He just doesn't let it go anymore, becomes a 1-2 and 1-2-3 striker very predictable, Cerrone should pick him apart with his reach.[/quote']

Not only reach... Cerrone is a vicious fighter 100% of the time. He just destroys his opponents.

Cerrone is a destroyer! My god... He's amazing. Every fighter he faces' date=' he makes them look like they've never fought before.[/quote']

He impressed me greatly. Say what you want, Siver is forreal standing. Cerrones next fight has to be a title eliminator or atleast if he wins another a title shot. 4-0, 3 finishes, hasn't lost a round in the UFC in 12 months.

Cerrone vs Pettis?

Cerrone vs Maynard?

Cerrone vs Jim Miller?

He impressed me greatly. Say what you want' date=' Siver is forreal standing. Cerrones next fight has to be a title eliminator or atleast if he wins another a title shot. 4-0, 3 finishes, hasn't lost a round in the UFC in 12 months.

Cerrone vs Pettis?

Cerrone vs Maynard?

Cerrone vs Jim Miller?[/quote']

A fight with the Pettis/Lauzon winner sounds sensible. Pettis would be quite a test, but I honestly see Cerrone murdering Joe Lauzon.

A fight with the Pettis/Lauzon winner sounds sensible. Pettis would be quite a test' date=' but I honestly see Cerrone murdering Joe Lauzon.[/quote']

He needs to fight a guy who has very strong wrestling and top game, so the Pettis fight makes no real sense now does it? He knocked out an elite striker basically just now on a 7-1 streak in the UFC 4-0 streak currently. Ben beat him twice and he put him on his back and stayed attacking to win both times.

Frankie or Ben could realistically do that to him, so fighting Pettis after knockout out Siver makes little sense. I say, Jim Miller or Maynard especially if Pettis is already facing Lauzon. If they want Cerrone to have 2 more fights before a title shot I say

Cerrone vs Nate Diaz

then Cerrone faces either

Cerrone vs Tibau

Cerrone vs Jim Miller

Cerrone vs Maynard

Cerrone vs Guida/Ben/Frankie whoever one of those doesn't have the title and is open.

Wins any combination of those two, immediate shot which is how it will probably have to be if Melendez comes over before or after Ben/Guida and then they get a shot.

He needs to fight a guy who has very strong wrestling and top game' date=' so the Pettis fight makes no real sense now does it? He knocked out an elite striker basically just now on a 7-1 streak in the UFC 4-0 streak currently. Ben beat him twice and he put him on his back and stayed attacking to win both times.

Frankie or Ben could realistically do that to him, so fighting Pettis after knockout out Siver makes little sense. I say, Jim Miller or Maynard especially if Pettis is already facing Lauzon. If they want Cerrone to have 2 more fights before a title shot I say

Cerrone vs Nate Diaz

then Cerrone faces either

Cerrone vs Tibau

Cerrone vs Jim Miller

Cerrone vs Maynard

Cerrone vs Guida/Ben/Frankie whoever one of those doesn't have the title and is open.

Wins any combination of those two, immediate shot which is how it will probably have to be if Melendez comes over before or after Ben/Guida and then they get a shot.[/quote']

Let it be Maynard then. Just coming off a draw and a loss, it makes sense for him to fight a new top 10 fighter.

Nice victory although I'd love to see him get KO asap. Just because I dislike his attitude.

Leave.

Gray & Frankie would want to take him down.

Doubt they would want to stand with him.

Frankie could outstrike him, but he'd have to be very careful ala BJ Penn.

Spiderfighters are just so dangerous on the ground, you can create great momentum for positioning from the ground and leverage, while having great reach for locking in subs and avoiding hand control. I have very very short legs, short arms and a huge back like a freak. Gives me core strength and power but it's not a good fighting body.

Archived