Who had the best cardio in the UFC?

BillBurgess

Many fighters seldom gas out. Most of them have great endurance. Who most impressed you with their great cardio, in their primes.

Here's mine.

1. Tito Ortiz

2. Forrest Griffin

3. Diego Sanchez

4. Urijah Faber

5. Clay Guida

6. GSP

7. Nick Diaz

8. Matt Hughes

9. Jon Fitch

10. Frankie Edgar

Honorable Mentions: Josh Koscheck, Kenny Florian, Stephan Bonnar.

Many fighters seldom gas out. Most of them have great endurance. Who most impressed you with their great cardio' date=' in their primes.

Here's mine.

1. Tito Ortiz

2. Forrest Griffin

3. Diego Sanchez

4. Urijah Faber

5. Clay Guida

6. GSP

7. Nick Diaz

8. Matt Hughes

9. Jon Fitch

10. Frankie Edgar

Honorable Mentions: Josh Koscheck, Kenny Florian, Stephan Bonnar, Cain Velasquez, Anderson Silva.[/quote']

should be that since they arent on the list.

I'm sick of Dana White gleening over cancelled fights never a peep just like it disappears from the face of the earth. I'm pissed that whoever dropped out tho I saw george at the fight so I'm guessing that Condit once again called in sick. I say there goes his chance at the title he was scared and faked an injury give it to someone who will show up.. get rid of carlos condit fan club....

Cardio is hard to judge because a guy like Royce Gracie could probably fight 20 rounds because he exerts no energy.IMO GSP exerts the most,all you need to do is watch other fighters struggle to get take downs,that is because it takes a ton of energy.

Iknow Diaz appears to have a lot of cardio,but lol he has been fighting a lot of NON cardio guys ,so not like that is a very good test on his cardio.

Many of these guys were relying on being much bigger and having an easy time throwing guys around,but trying to throw a bigger stronger guy around takes a ton of energy.

It is VERY simple to look at,look no further than BJ Penn.He is suppose to be a great BJJ practioner but he can' get the fight to where he needs it because if he tries to take a guy down he is gassed completely out.

So looking over guys who actually use a lot of energy GSP is number 1 easily and all his fights are 5 rounds not 3.

If i had to pick a second guy maybe Homminick?I guess many of the smaller guys because they carry little to no body fat.Yes Faber is also good.

Cardio is hard to judge because a guy like Royce Gracie could probably fight 20 rounds because he exerts no energy.IMO GSP exerts the most' date='all you need to do is watch other fighters struggle to get take downs,that is because it takes a ton of energy.

Iknow Diaz appears to have a lot of cardio,but lol he has been fighting a lot of NON cardio guys ,so not like that is a very good test on his cardio.

Many of these guys were relying on being much bigger and having an easy time throwing guys around,but trying to throw a bigger stronger guy around takes a ton of energy.

It is VERY simple to look at,look no further than BJ Penn.He is suppose to be a great BJJ practioner but he can' get the fight to where he needs it because if he tries to take a guy down he is gassed completely out.

So looking over guys who actually use a lot of energy GSP is number 1 easily and all his fights are 5 rounds not 3.

If i had to pick a second guy maybe Homminick?I guess many of the smaller guys because they carry little to no body fat.Yes Faber is also good.[/quote']

I would favor fighters who fight non stop, GSP rests a lot during the rounds, he doesn't go non stop. I would pick Guida, Diaz, and Cain Velasquez. Cain has tremendous cardio when you take his size into account.

Many fighters seldom gas out. Most of them have great endurance. Who most impressed you with their great cardio' date=' in their primes.

Here's mine.

1. Tito Ortiz

2. Forrest Griffin

3. Diego Sanchez

4. Urijah Faber

5. Clay Guida

6. GSP

7. Nick Diaz

8. Matt Hughes

9. Jon Fitch

10. Frankie Edgar

Honorable Mentions: Josh Koscheck, Kenny Florian, Stephan Bonnar.[/quote']

Tito lol his is alright...

In no particular order here's my list. Im sure im forgetting someone i think is more deserving of a spot but here goes off the top of my head.

1. Nick Diaz

2. Dominick Cruz

3. Frankie Edgar

4. Urijah Faber

5. Ben Henderson

6. Joseph Benavidez

7. Demetrious Johnson

8. Clay Guida

9. Cain Velasquez

10. Mark Hominick

In other orgs i have to mention Sak. I mean come that fight with Royce and then takes on Igor. Insane.

Here's mine.

1. Tito Ortiz

2. Forrest Griffin

3. Diego Sanchez

4. Urijah Faber

5. Clay Guida

6. GSP

7. Nick Diaz

8. Matt Hughes

9. Jon Fitch

10. Frankie Edgar

Honorable Mentions: Josh Koscheck, Kenny Florian, Stephan Bonnar.[/quote']

cain and cruz

I'll do my top three in each division, but I want to shout out Court McGee. Dude has INSANE cardio.

BW: Cruz, Faber, Benavidez

FW: Hominick, Mendes, Phan

LW: Edgar, Guida, Henderson

WW: GSP, Diaz, Sanchez

MW: Bisping, McGee, Sonnen

LHW: Jones, Griffin, Evans

HW: Velasquez, Nogueira, Struve (cause no one takes beatings like him and comes back to win)

many fighters seldom gas out. Most of them have great endurance. Who most impressed you with their great cardio' date=' in their primes.

Here's mine.

1. Tito ortiz

2. Forrest griffin

3. Diego sanchez

4. Urijah faber

5. Clay guida

6. Gsp

7. Nick diaz

8. Matt hughes

9. Jon fitch

10. Frankie edgar

honorable mentions: Josh koscheck, kenny florian, stephan bonnar.[/quote']

cain , gsp, diaz,guida,edgar, faber, cruz in no particular order, though i find cain most impressive because of the weight he throws around.

Archived