BJ Penn retires.

shinsplint

So bummed.

I hope he comes to his senses and returns. HE could go back down to LW to fight some of the up and comers there.

I don't think Penn is the type of fighter that wants to be used as a potential "measuring stick" for up-and-comers, he wants to be world champion but he can't anymore with his terrible cardio.

I still think he has got it.

He went with a bad game plan IMO.

He gassed also which didnt help.

yeah i just wish he would get his heart back in to training i mean he wanted to fight GSP again and if he would of beat Diaz im sure he would of got it he really needs to rethink all of this

yeah i just wish he would get his heart back in to training i mean he wanted to fight GSP again and if he would of beat Diaz im sure he would of got it he really needs to rethink all of this

I was suprised also. On all the countdown shows he says his cardio was better then ever,

so I expected not to gas.

Guess it wasnt up to par.

Plus he should of gone for more TD's.

But that has been his same gameplan for pretty much every fight since the Sanchez fight' date=' and his cardio is never going to improve.[/quote']

He does use his jab well.

BUT combo's were lacking... Badly.

I dont get how his cardio is always rotten when he has so many coaches - :(

I was actually discussing this during the fight. Maybe not him retiring, but him being a little out of it. I think he's lost it a little. Not to where he can't contend, but to where he can't be lazy and still be successful. He's not a prodigy anymore, he's human now.

And despite my dislike towards him, I've always respected him as a fighter. I will never like you BJ, but you are one hell of a ****ing fighter.

I was actually discussing this during the fight. Maybe not him retiring' date=' but him being a little out of it. I think he's lost it a little. Not to where he can't contend, but to where he can't be lazy and still be successful. He's not a prodigy anymore, he's human now.

And despite my dislike towards him, I've always respected him as a fighter. I will never like you BJ, but you are one hell of a ****ing fighter.[/quote']

IMO he could still beat 80 % of the division.

& I dont get how his cardio was so shot.:mad:

Me either' date=' you could tell in the first he was tired. It's a shame too, he was doing some damage.[/quote']

True. He won the 1st well, then when I saw him

between round 1 & 2 he was already breathing heavy &

with his mouth open...

I thought uh oh... Surely he trained for cardio better this time.

Obviously he didnt.

True. He won the 1st well' date=' then when I saw him

between round 1 & 2 he was already breathing heavy &

with his mouth open...

I thought uh oh... Surely he trained for cardio better this time.

Obviously he didnt.[/quote']

Yep, and sad to say, the Prodigy is done. Maybe after some peace and family time he'll change his mind.

I don't know if BJ's actually going to retire. He could use a couple extra bucks and he could still go the route of taking 'interesting fights'

He's got a chin like a brick. A solid game all around. And beat a guy undefeated for years twice his size convincingly for 1 round out of 3. BJ is far from done. You just can't expect to be top dog forever.

If he retires though he's had a great career with ups and downs.

I would love to see BJ get in real shape for once, drop down to 145 and give Jose Aldo the ride of his mother****ing life.

I don't know if BJ's actually going to retire. He could use a couple extra bucks and he could still go the route of taking 'interesting fights'

He's got a chin like a brick. A solid game all around. And beat a guy undefeated for years twice his size convincingly for 1 round out of 3. BJ is far from done. You just can't expect to be top dog forever.

If he retires though he's had a great career with ups and downs.

I would love to see BJ get in real shape for once' date=' drop down to 145 and give Jose Aldo the ride of his mother****ing life.[/quote']

Well said. I agree.

Highly doubt this is the last time we see BJ snter the Octagon. I expect a long vacation, and a return to lightweight when the landscape changes a little bit.

Well to be more specific once Frankie Edgar loses the belt. I sense BJ will get a tune up/#1 contender's fight at LW, then he'll be thrown right back into another title fight against Gilbert Milendez who I presume will be champion by around that time.

Highly doubt this is the last time we see BJ snter the Octagon. I expect a long vacation' date=' and a return to lightweight when the landscape changes a little bit.

Well to be more specific once Frankie Edgar loses the belt. I sense BJ will get a tune up/#1 contender's fight at LW, then he'll be thrown right back into another title fight against Gilbert Milendez who I presume will be champion by around that time.[/quote']

Do you realize how ape **** things would be around here if that happened? A fanboy army of apocolyptic number would rise up and lay waste to any known logic that still stands.

Archived