Who will be able stop Nick Diaz?

AfflictionRUSH

I don't see him getting outstruck or KO'ed, so the only chance of beating this guy is to take him to the ground, but then again, he has superior Jiu-Jitsu skills and can probably submit anyone from any position. I don't see too many people being able to stop Nick.

Diaz vs. Condit would be one heck of a fight to watch though, that's for sure. I think Diaz should fight winner of Cain Velasquez and Junior Dos Santos.

Be wary of what happens once Nick starts facing wrestlers again.

BJ took him down and nick did not like what he saw. I wonder what would?ve happened if BJ was a true welterweight and had the gass tank to truely push the pace with switching it up between striking and takedowns for three rounds. It?s not a coincidence Diaz wanted 5 rounds and Penn wanted 3.

Hm well that's a good question let's see............... probably diego sanchez or josh koscheck on the lower tier. Or god forbid gsp or fitch hell bj could have beat him with a better plan and cardio. I won't take much away from diaz his chin and bjj prowess save hime from a lot of trouble but the only way he beats gsp is by catching him good on the chin as I don't see him submitting gsp or fitch. He will get taken down too easy and gsp is fast enough and follows his game plans well enough to stay either on the outside or inside and switch things up often enough to keep diaz inactive. But hell it'd mma and maybe diazs attitude is enough to blind me but he will lose he's not as great as he gets credit for. Sure he's got surprising power, a great chin, great bjj, and a strange boxing style that works. But he's to stupid to play politics, has been dropped by power hitters, never has a gameplan, is weak vs wrestlers, and his boxing is overated. Hell anthony johnson would more than likely take him out.

I don't see him getting outstruck or KO'ed' date=' so the only chance of beating this guy is to take him to the ground, but then again, he has superior Jiu-Jitsu skills and can probably submit anyone from any position. I don't see too many people being able to stop Nick.

Diaz vs. Condit would be one heck of a fight to watch though, that's for sure.[b'] I think Diaz should fight winner of Cain Velasquez and Junior Dos Santos[/b].

Awesome, the dude just had the biggest win of his career and now you want him to die!? lol

Standing, I dont know who can. I thought his boxing was going to be a little better than Penns but not THAT much better. And Diaz wasnt even happy with how he fought.

But GSP has a good style for Diaz...Great TDs and solid BJJ/BJJ defense. But Diaz seems to already be in GSPs head so Im wondering if GSP is going to just go out there throwing for the fences..in which case he probably wont win. But then again GSP never has a bad gameplan.

Nick Diaz is an excellent boxer and has tremendous heart. I don't think he is a guy is easy to be finished in the welterweight division......One weakness that he has to work on his wrestling. His weakness is against fighters who has a strong wrestling base. All of his losses if I remember correctly were wrestlers.

Having said that the welterweight division has excellent wrestlers. You got Josh Koscheck, John Fitch, Diego Sanchez, Dong Hyun Kim....all these fighters have excellent wrestling ability, and GSP is very strong when it comes to wrestling. This would be a very interesting fight, but it would be difficult for Nick Diaz

I don't see him getting outstruck or KO'ed' date=' so the only chance of beating this guy is to take him to the ground, but then again, he has superior Jiu-Jitsu skills and can probably submit anyone from any position. I don't see too many people being able to stop Nick.

Diaz vs. Condit would be one heck of a fight to watch though, that's for sure. [b']I think Diaz should fight winner of Cain Velasquez and Junior Dos Santos[/b].

Why, so he can die?

Archived