GSP vs. Diaz on Super Bowl Weekend

JP24

Just been confirmed. Way to duck the more dangerous opponent' date=' GSP...[/quote']

Condit, the guy who was outstruck by Kampmann and Rory? Outwrestled by Shields and Rory? Was taken down in every UFC fight he has had besides the Dan Hardy fight? Condit the guy who didn't want to fight Koscheck to prove he has a chance to handle GSPs wrestling? Not that there's a great chance he'd outstrike GSP?

Nick Diaz > Carlos Condit, easily JP come on son.

Condit' date=' the guy who was outstruck by Kampmann and Rory? Outwrestled by Shields and Rory? Was taken down in every UFC fight he has had besides the Dan Hardy fight? Condit the guy who didn't want to fight Koscheck to prove he has a chance to handle GSPs wrestling? Not that there's a great chance he'd outstrike GSP?

Nick Diaz > Carlos Condit, easily JP come on son.[/quote']

LOL Nope.

Condit' date=' the guy who was outstruck by Kampmann and Rory? Outwrestled by Shields and Rory? Was taken down in every UFC fight he has had besides the Dan Hardy fight? Condit the guy who didn't want to fight Koscheck to prove he has a chance to handle GSPs wrestling? Not that there's a great chance he'd outstrike GSP?

Don't argue with him, he probably thinks Pride Rampage would of beat Jones LOL

Don't argue with him' date=' he probably thinks Pride Rampage would of beat Jones LOL[/quote']

Penn tried to take Nick down a lot, Penn showed amazing wrestling against Fitch and Diego, two great wrestlers. He got Nick down once and Nicks Jiu Jitsu shined. I'm not saying BJ Penn is as good a wrestler as Fitch or that Fitch couldn't take Diaz down but....

Diaz showed he has the cardio that most likely surpasses GSP, Diaz showed he's going to be hard for anyone to handle on the feet, he showed he has MUCH improved takedown defense.

I still think GSP wins and I even think GSP could outstrike Diaz, dropping him at points in the fight ( call me crazy ) but I also think Diaz has a real chance and I'm so stoked for the first time in eons to watch GSP defend his belt. The build up to this fight, 2million pay per views watch.

Diaz showed he has the caI still think GSP wins and I even think GSP could outstrike Diaz' date=' dropping him at points in the fight ( call me crazy ) but I also think Diaz has a real chance and I'm so stoked for the first time in eons to watch GSP defend his belt. The build up to this fight, 2million pay per views watch.[/quote']

You're crazy. No way GSP outstrikes Nick or drops him at any point in life. Not going to happen. GSP will land some shots because Nick gets hit a lot. But in a test of wills and chins, Nick wins every time.

Nick will break GSP on the feet and submit him on the ground. Easy win for Nick.

You're crazy. No way GSP outstrikes Nick or drops him at any point in life. Not going to happen. GSP will land some shots because Nick gets hit a lot. But in a test of wills and chins' date=' Nick wins every time.

Nick will break GSP on the feet and submit him on the ground. Easy win for Nick.[/quote']

1. Stay, you post on this forum too little these days you were one of my favorite members back in 2009 man.

2. I honestly believe Georges will outstrike Nick Diaz if he can't get away with jabbing and running or laying and praying, I think he'll control the clinch well and throw huge knees, throw big leg kicks and superman punches, long jabs, hard straights. He has the power and striking ability to drop Diaz if he commits standing with Confidence I absolutely believe it.

3. I respect your opinion. Diaz doesn't exactly have an amazing chin he's dropped a lot, he has amazing recover in my opinion and durability. I think he makes this a fight everywhere it goes, and I remember correctly GSP used to be a monster and the best in the world when he actually fought, if any of you have forgotten. Best Pierre vs Best Diaz, I think Pierre would beast Diaz.

4. Man, this pay per view will get 2million +views and break record, I know it. Both these men will bring it because the winner will be the face of the sport.

It's on. GSP is a more explosive and powerful striker ontop of being more diverse. To think he can't hang with Diaz is a little absurd to me standing, I think if he brings it and is determined to BEAT Diaz, he will. I think if he's scared and his safe plan doesn't work he could very well lose. So if Safe Pierre comes I want Diaz to win, if Rush comes I want him to beast Diaz.

1. Stay' date=' you post on this forum too little these days you were one of my favorite members back in 2009 man.

2. I honestly believe Georges will outstrike Nick Diaz if he can't get away with jabbing and running or laying and praying, I think he'll control the clinch well and throw huge knees, throw big leg kicks and superman punches, long jabs, hard straights. He has the power and striking ability to drop Diaz if he commits standing with Confidence I absolutely believe it.

3. I respect your opinion. Diaz doesn't exactly have an amazing chin he's dropped a lot, he has amazing recover in my opinion and durability. I think he makes this a fight everywhere it goes, and I remember correctly GSP used to be a monster and the best in the world when he actually fought, if any of you have forgotten. Best Pierre vs Best Diaz, I think Pierre would beast Diaz.

4. Man, this pay per view will get 2million +views and break record, I know it. Both these men will bring it because the winner will be the face of the sport.

It's on. GSP is a more explosive and powerful striker ontop of being more diverse. To think he can't hang with Diaz is a little absurd to me standing, I think if he brings it and is determined to BEAT Diaz, he will. I think if he's scared and his safe plan doesn't work he could very well lose. So if Safe Pierre comes I want Diaz to win, if Rush comes I want him to beast Diaz.[/quote']

1. Thanks for the love, man. I appreciate that. :) I'll try to be more active. I've just gotten so disgusted with MMA fans I stay off MMA forums all together. But it does feel good to be back.

2. don't think GSP will commit to striking with Nick. Nick will push forward and put the pressure on on the feet. Nick is not afraid to take punches and if he can take punches from Daley, he should have no problem taking shots from GSP. And again, in a test of wills and chins, Nick wins everytime. I don't think GSP has the heart for the kind of fight Nick will make it if it stays on the feet. That jabbing and running will not work against Nick. You know this.

3. Chin isn't always about not getting hurt. It's about recovery, too. Hendo, Nogueira. 2 of the best chins ever yet both have been dropped and rocked plenty. And Diaz doesn't get dropped often. He got dropped by Daley. It was a long time before that that he was dropped as far as I can remember. And who doesn't get dropped by Daley if they stand in the pocket and bang like that? Hardest punching WW on earth. Nick also took big shots from him and didn't get rocked. BJ has great KO ability, too. He wasn't even fazed by anything BJ hit him with.

And as for the best GSP vs the best Diaz... I have to disagree. I just think Diaz is the worst stylistic matchup for GSP. Mark my words; he will win on the feet or on the ground.

1. Thanks for the love' date=' man. I appreciate that. :) I'll try to be more active. I've just gotten so disgusted with MMA fans I stay off MMA forums all together. But it does feel good to be back.

2. don't think GSP will commit to striking with Nick. Nick will push forward and put the pressure on on the feet. Nick is not afraid to take punches and if he can take punches from Daley, he should have no problem taking shots from GSP. And again, in a test of wills and chins, Nick wins everytime. I don't think GSP has the heart for the kind of fight Nick will make it if it stays on the feet. That jabbing and running will not work against Nick. You know this.

3. Chin isn't always about not getting hurt. It's about recovery, too. Hendo, Nogueira. 2 of the best chins ever yet both have been dropped and rocked plenty. And Diaz doesn't get dropped often. He got dropped by Daley. It was a long time before that that he was dropped as far as I can remember. And who doesn't get dropped by Daley if they stand in the pocket and bang like that? Hardest punching WW on earth. Nick also took big shots from him and didn't get rocked. BJ has great KO ability, too. He wasn't even fazed by anything BJ hit him with.

And as for the best GSP vs the best Diaz... I have to disagree. I just think Diaz is the worst stylistic matchup for GSP. Mark my words; he will win on the feet or on the ground.[/quote']

Diaz was dropped by Zaromskis right before Daley, though he outstruck two really dynamic and dangerous strikers, wins against Daley and Zaromskis meann nothing unless you do what Diaz did which makes it an enormous win.

Daley's power is a tad overrated, I think Ellenberger hits significantly harder honestly.

Georges is a black belt under Renzo Gracie, he has real jiu jitsu skills maybe not on the level of Nick but he has a great top game, laying and praying minimizes submission possibilities if he takes that route. Like I said though, Georges has to be ready to go after Diaz, he is the faster, bigger, stronger and more explosive striker he can really hurt Nick if he comes out as "Rush" and not "safe". I see Diaz either pulling the big upset or everyone taking a moment of silence and going " holy **** St. Pierre is truly incredible" because I do believe him to be above Anderson SIlva as the best fighter on the planet, he just doesn't go out to prove it, he goes out to win. He hits harder, he strikes faster, he's more diverse, he can score takedowns and defend submissions well enough. If he comes to fight and to BEAT Diaz and not win a decision, if he comes with confidence. He should win and shock a lot of people. If he lsot touch of this, he will get beaten up and lose.

How I see it, and MMA forums are pretty terrible, so much bias and hate. All the regulars these days are here for popularity 80% of the time, nobody wants to discuss and deliberate on a MMA forum about the sport...all the threads are awful and the majority of trolling unfunny. I was contemplating trying to pursue writing articles or starting my own MMA site, between training, and the rest of life not sure I could make the commitment to overcome the illiterate I am though. American Kickboxing Academy is going to such a nice place to start out at 18 next year though :)

THANK YOU!

FINALLY people are seeing the light

I have been saying I thought Condit would lose by decision and I thought Diaz would have a better chance

Not saying Diaz would win but I have been saying that I think Diaz is GSP's toughest opponent over Condit

This is kind of sad news' date=' imo.

Just last night Dana was on with Mauro on SportsNet saying there is no way that would happen even if Diaz beat Penn, Condit was still first in line for GSP's title.

Gotta feel a little bad for Condit.[/quote']

Get over it dude, this is some of the best news ever in my opinion. Its about time GSP stepped up like a man, big respect points in my book

This is kind of sad news' date=' imo.

Just last night Dana was on with Mauro on SportsNet saying there is no way that would happen even if Diaz beat Penn, Condit was still first in line for GSP's title.

Gotta feel a little bad for Condit.[/quote']

Why do moderators not participate at all on the forum as fellow members in discussion of the sport? Besides G__row it seems like the rest of you guys never even try.

Get over it dude' date=' this is some of the best news ever in my opinion. Its about time GSP stepped up like a man, big respect points in my book[/quote']

I'm not saying it won't be a good fight, and even one I want to see. Just that Condit was in line for a shot, and I think that would be a good fight too.

So maybe Condit gets the winner of GSP/Diaz?

Why do moderators not participate at all on the forum as fellow members in discussion of the sport? Besides G__row it seems like the rest of you guys never even try.

probably because it wouldn't look good if they argued with other members (not saying they shouldn't talk about MMA, they definately should, but it may pose problems)

I'm not saying it won't be a good fight' date=' and even one I want to see. Just that Condit was in line for a shot, and I think that would be a good fight too.

So maybe Condit gets the winner of GSP/Diaz?[/quote']

I agree they would both be great fights, just dont see any reason to feel bad for Condit. He got gifted that title shot anyways(not saying he doesnt deserve it).

Absolutely Condit should get the winner, anything else would be uncivilized

sucks for Condit... it bugs me that people are rewarded for being pieces of **** in the UFC... and to be honest, Diaz didn't really impress me that much... Penn was doing well until he gassed like he normally does, and any other top 10 WW would shame Diaz... GSP should fight Condit and Diaz should fight the winner of Fitch vs Hendricks...

Archived