Carlos Condit

SolidStateLogic

I give him mad props for stepping down. Condit knew the fans have wanted this fight for a long time. Condit gets a HUGE amount of respect from me' date=' I don't know any other fighter who would of done that.

They said he is fighting on the same card as GSP vs Diaz.[/quote']

Yeah, there aren't many other fighters that would have done that... I wouldn't mind seeing him against Rumble on that card. If the Silva vs. Sonnen II, GSP vs. Diaz and Condit vs. Whoever fights are on that card, it should be the highest selling PPV in history of the UFC.

He's not stepping down.

He's taking one up the *** with a big fat free paycheck from the UFC because he can't do **** about it. The only thing he can do is get some extra spending money, more time to prepare and most likely the number one contender fight in the process.

Yeah' date=' there aren't many other fighters that would have done that... I wouldn't mind seeing him against Rumble on that card. If the Silva vs. Sonnen II, GSP vs. Diaz and Condit vs. Whoever fights are on that card, it should be the highest selling PPV in history of the UFC.[/quote']

Anderson, Chael, GSP, Diaz, Condit

one card?

STACKED

I'm glad that he is "allowing" it to happen (I'm sure he's pissed off) but it really isn't a good choice.

Who knows if he'll be able to get a shot with another win and who knows how he'd do if he were to fight some of the top 5 WWs out there like Fitch or Kos.

I

Yeah his road to the title shot was pretty easy, he did face some good fighters but they weren't top 5. Fitch and Koscheck would be a good measuring stick to see how he would fair against the elite wrestlers.

Yeah his road to the title shot was pretty easy' date=' he did face some good fighters but they weren't top 5. Fitch and Koscheck would be a good measuring stick to see how he would fair against the elite wrestlers.[/quote']

He is taking a huge risk letting it happen just like JDS took the risk in fighting Carwin (or Brock) after he was guaranteed a shot at Cain.

He could wind up winning and being that much better or he could lose and lose what could've been his only shot.

It must have been really hard for him to give away his title shot' date=' hopefully he takes a fight while he waits. I want to see him fight Kos i think it could be a good fight.[/quote']

Although a fight against Koscheck would be good it doesn't really make sense, if Kos won where would that put him the title picture, he recently fought GSP and failed terribly. He doesn't deserve another shot, unless he rallys off a lot of wins. Fitch makes more sense.

He's not stepping down.

He's taking one up the *** with a big fat free paycheck from the UFC because he can't do **** about it. The only thing he can do is get some extra spending money' date=' more time to prepare and most likely the number one contender fight in the process.[/quote']

Read it^^

He's not stepping down shizzle.

Although a fight against Koscheck would be good it doesn't really make sense' date=' if Kos won where would that put him the title picture, he recently fought GSP and failed terribly. He doesn't deserve another shot, unless he rallys off a lot of wins. Fitch makes more sense.[/quote']

Yeah true but it could still work if Kos wins then he should have to rack up a few more in order to fight for the belt, and this fight would be good for everyone to see if Condit really deserves a title shot and by beating Kos a top 5 WW he would deserve it.

But i agree with you Fitch would make more sense but i like the Kos matchup better lol.

Just out of personal opinion, since he was supposed to fight GSP next, it makes more sense to have him fight someone else who is only one win away from a title shot as well, whoever that may be, thus making it a real "title contender" fight. And you have another vote from me in that a fight with Kos doesn't make much sense because he's only had one fight since he got beat by George, where as Condit was technically next in line and is on a longer win streak. But again that's just personal opinion

Archived