Donald 'the cowboy' Cerrone 'choo choo!'

Bobmyster

Man is that guy impressive or what' date=' Dam!

The guy is on an absolute tear i love watching him fight. I would like to see him fight Bendo again that would be really cool.

Hopefully he doesn't do a Melvin and get overconfident but he doesn't really seem like the type.[/quote']

Melvin didn't get overconfident, they just wanted an excuse for getting derailed by the underdog Lauzon.

Melvin comes into every fight, lunges in and throws bombs, chases guys while throwing bombs....it's what he's done his entire career, he isn't very technical, he's an explosive knockout artist, great speed and power mix that with aggression and it's how he can go out there and knockout guys on the level of Cerrone, Barboza, Edgar, Njokuani. It's how he's most effective.....He's a confident fighter, Mike Tyson fought with supreme confidence, Anderson Silva fights with supreme confidence and the only reason anyone is saying anything is because they are shocked Melvin lost, there's a lot of guys who would drop Melvin standing on a consistent basis, he only shines when he disrespects guys power and goes on an onslaught of an attack until he finishes them, which is when he feels his opponents have no power ( Dunham, Waylon Rowe, Roller) when he feels they do have power ( Tibau, Torres, Stephes) his striking doesn't look that good at all. Joe Lauzon and Joe Stevensons dropped the guy.

Also, Rumble has this same condition, he can knockout guys who can't strike and have little power by just throwing bombs and abusing his size, but once he faces Koscheck he was outstruck and finished.

Ya'dig?

The guy is on an absolute tear i love watching him fight. I would like to see him fight Bendo again that would be really cool.

Hopefully he doesn't do a Melvin and get overconfident but he doesn't really seem like the type.[/quote']

Melvin didn't get overconfident, they just wanted an excuse for getting derailed by the underdog Lauzon.

Melvin comes into every fight, lunges in and throws bombs, chases guys while throwing bombs....it's what he's done his entire career, he isn't very technical, he's an explosive knockout artist, great speed and power mix that with aggression and it's how he can go out there and knockout guys on the level of Cerrone, Barboza, Edgar, Njokuani. It's how he's most effective.....He's a confident fighter, Mike Tyson fought with supreme confidence, Anderson Silva fights with supreme confidence and the only reason anyone is saying anything is because they are shocked Melvin lost, there's a lot of guys who would drop Melvin standing on a consistent basis, he only shines when he disrespects guys power and goes on an onslaught of an attack until he finishes them, which is when he feels his opponents have no power ( Dunham, Waylon Rowe, Roller) when he feels they do have power ( Tibau, Torres, Stephes) his striking doesn't look that good at all. Joe Lauzon and Joe Stevensons dropped the guy.

Also, Rumble has this same condition, he can knockout guys who can't strike and have little power by just throwing bombs and abusing his size, but once he faces Koscheck he was outstruck and finished.

Ya'dig?

Ya'dig?

Melvin didn't get overconfident' date=' they just wanted an excuse for getting derailed by the underdog Lauzon.

Ya'dig?[/quote']

I agree with you but don't you think he was way more rushed than he usually is? Like he just wanted to get Loazon over with, felt like that to me when i watched the fight. Just my opinion.

I agree with you but don't you think he was way more rushed than he usually is? Like he just wanted to get Loazon over with' date=' felt like that to me when i watched the fight. Just my opinion.[/quote']

Ehh, I think he could of tried establishing range, throwing more 1s and 2s for a few minutes in the first round, determine how great his speed advantage was, trying to stay on the outside but once he found his rhythm I expected him to attack just like he had in his previous fights against guys he considered to have very little striking power.

I think he should of given Lauzon more respect, if not just from that 1 punch KO on Little Evil, but I overlooked that too and if it was me in the cage against Lauzon I think I would of done the same thing.

Guillard....took the loss hard, like he should have. I think he just needs to round his game out and realize, he isn't an untouchable striker, he can be knocked out, out wrestled and submitted. Everything about his game needs work. On a personal note, everytime I come out to a fight and everyday I consider myself to be unparalleled in comparison to my opponents, but it's not about my opponent it's about me. Being the best I can possibly be. It's easy to say everyone can improve everywhere, but when you look at guys like Melendez, Cerrone, Frankie they don't really have evident holes anywhere they can just sharpen things. Guillard has many evident holes that try to be hidden by his talents and hype ( I think he is a fighter who believes his own hype and it gets to his head )

So yeah, I'd like to see Guillard go for takedowns and mix it up, throw my kicks because he kicks hard, establish range in timing before exploding and attack. Also, be a little more composed while he fights.

lol I will admit Cerrone made me eat my words. I didnt think he was going to walk threw Siver like that...especially since he seemed to be more focused on Hendo than Siver...

My hats off to him. He looked like a beast. I think his performance earned him a number 1 contender fight..

I really can't understand how the UFC can put Cerrone in the prelims. Along with Diaz, he's arguably the best fighter on the entire card. It's almost like Dana White is insulting Cowboy.

I can understand how old heroes like CroCop (who's, let's face it, been awful for a couple of years), BJ (also been declining the past couple of years) and Kongo (funny how Mitrione threw like 4 strikes the entire match, the first landing with 20 secs left of the first round) are given main card bouts based on previous exploits, but Roop and Jorgensen? Seriously?

Gotta give credit where credit's due, and Cowboy is a very well rounded fighter who finishes fights both standing and on the ground. All his fights should be main card fights. Anything else is just silly.

Cerrone is a proper man! Seriously former bullrider, lives on a ranch, fights anyone anywhere and kicks ***, chews dip in interviews, has a gambling and stripper problem (granted not a good thing, but definitely manly as ****).

I swear watching him against Oliveria, it was like watching a man fight a little kid. The dude is solid as a ****ing house.

War Cowboy!

donald-cerrone-2.jpg

I really can't understand how the UFC can put Cerrone in the prelims. Along with Diaz' date=' which he's arguable the best fighter on the entire card. It's almost like Dana White is insulting Cowboy.

I can understand how old heroes like CroCop (who's, let's face it, been awful for a couple of years), BJ (also been declining the past couple of years) and Kongo (funny how Mitrione threw like 4 strikes the entire match, the first landing with 20 secs left of the first round) are given main card bouts based on previous exploits, but Roop and Jorgensen? Seriously?

Gotta give credit where credit's due, and Cowboy is a very well rounded fighter who finishes fights both standing and on the ground. All his fights should be main card fights. Anything else is just silly.[/quote']

they used him to sell the PPV

they used him to sell the PPV

Good point. Still silly.

Also, what's with the horrible cards lately? Next weekend will be another bummer I see. I'd rather wait a couple weeks extra between cards and have a proper good time than watch all kinds of boring fights between unimpressive fighters.

Good point. Still silly.

Also' date=' what's with the horrible cards lately? Next weekend will be another bummer I see. I'd rather wait a couple weeks extra between cards and have a proper good time than watch all kinds of boring fights between unimpressive fighters.[/quote']

its not that crap card its just that its a free card so they wont make it as name-wise as they do on regular cards

Archived