Cheick Kongo aiming for rematch with 'lucky' champ Cain Velasquez

reapers_bane

http://mmajunkie.com/news/25874/ufc-137s-cheick-kongo-aiming-for-rematch-with-lucky-champ-cain-velasquez.mma

Kongo is confident he can take out current champ and heavyweight kingpin Cain Velasquez. He nearly did it two-and-a-half years ago at UFC 99, when Kongo twice buckled Velasquez only to be squelched by his limited ground game.

Kongo, though, said he wasn't 100 percent for the fight, which contributed to Velasquez's "lucky" win.

"Of course I would like to get this opportunity to fight for the belt and face Cain Velasquez," said Kongo, who's made strides in his ground game. "To get just three weeks to train and get hurt during the few weeks during the preparation [for that fight], I can say, it made me sad.

"I just want to ... have the chance to prepare for the next time, six months or whatever, to face him. I had no legs last time. Now I've come back. I've got all my skills ready to do that. ... It's been a long time now ? maybe five years in the UFC. I got a chance to improve myself here with my skills. I think I didn't show everything (against Mitrione). I would like to face [Velasquez] again and get my chance to fight for the title."

lol

Archived