say what you want about Penns losses

WaSupGuy

but he only lost to some of the best fighters, in their primes too, most of them fighting in a weight class higher up than he should be.

GSP x2

Hughes

Edgar x2

Pulver

Machida

Few other fighters can claim the same thing, I think Ace is another guy who only lost to some of the best too. Dude is a warrior and a hall of famer for sure, when bj penn was fighting you never ever thought this is likely going to be a boring fight, ever.

He needs no defending. If someone doesn't appreciate his career' date=' then they're probably too new to remember it.[/quote']

^This from a GSP fan is refreshing, Penn deserves much love and respect for his career, are you the one sane GSP fan you also agree Silva is p4p #1?

penn's legacy will always being tainted to me the night he quit against GSP and didn't answer the bell. He's a great hall of fame fighter but that moment was a sad night for mixed martial arts

This. Penn's accomplishments speak for themselves but I lost all respect for BJ in that moment. That and the fact that he still doesn't have cardio to even finish the second round really taints his legacy in my opinion.

He needs no defending. If someone doesn't appreciate his career' date=' then they're probably too new to remember it.[/quote']

Agreed. Penn has put on some of the UFCs most memorable fights throughout his career. And except for the Edgar fights and Pulver, the rest of Penns losses came from fighting at a higher weight. Penn's career speaks for itself.

Archived