Post UFC 137 get together

ultimatefightingchamp

Hey guys,

I've had some sleep and when I woke up I started browinsg around like I always do, searching for interviews and what not and let me tell you, I think it's BS that Condit got put apart. And you may know that I'm a HUGE Nick Diaz fan, but still, it was BS

However, Dana talked, it's on, GSP vs Nick Diaz, probably for Superbowl weekend

What we can take out of that?

1- I'm really starting to think Anderson and Chael will be the main event for the brazillian card, risky move... they'd better get the SWAT team and snipers and all that **** to protect the People's Champ

2- GSP is fired up like crazy, we don't know if that's good or bad, we don't know if seeing a visceral GSP will be better for his own self. He may get wreckless, this may be Diaz & Gracie's plan all along! One thing's for sure, though, we're getting a ****in awesome fight, my favourite WW matchup ever and possibly the biggest WW fight ever (key word: possibly)

Now, what I'd love to see happen: Condit vs Ellenberger 2 for the #1 contender, co-main event, same card as GSP vs Diaz as Condit asked for

Fitch already has a fight so Condit and Ellenberger are the best welterweights free, and their first fight was a little controversial, this would be perfect. Both are ready for title shots

To keep the tl-dr comments count down I'ma end this with a big

WAR NICK DIAZ

Damn, I love MMA

GSP will not get wreckless he's most likely the most technical fighter in mma today.

however, he could take him down and tko him.

and not sure if Ellenberger deserves a top contender fight yet. I don't know who else would deserve it (other than fitch) but I don't think its his time yet, even though I am on the Ellenberger train.

Very well said. I completely agree. Silva v Sonnen in Brazil is a very risky move, but is there any other option right now? GSP and Diaz is gonna be HUGE. And putting Condit on the same card will ensure that the champ and #1 contender are ready at the same time. The WW division is in for a big first quarter of 2012.

I don't think Silva/Sonnen will get the Super Bowl card. They won't put them on the card with GSP/Diaz and its hard to see the UFC doing a card in Brazil without Silva on it. Especially when the Brazil card is so close to the date they wanted Silva to fight anyways. Sonnen is gonna have a rough week come fight week if they do in fact fight in Brazil.

1- I'm really starting to think Anderson and Chael will be the main event for the brazillian card, risky move... they'd better get the SWAT team and snipers and all that **** to protect the People's Champ

They will boo him but the big cities in Brazil are not African tribes. Chael would be alright. It?s the only fight that makes sense to bring to Brazil.

GSP is fired up like crazy

Is he really? He was also apparently ''fired up' about the 'disrespectful' BJ Penn, Koscheck, Fitch, Hardy heck even Matt Hughes and the list goes on. That's called media hype. There's a reason they flew him in to sit cage side at the BJ-Diaz fight and that's that it had direct title implications.

They will boo him but the big cities in Brazil are not African tribes. Chael would be alright. It?s the only fight that makes sense to bring to Brazil.

African tribes don't have AK-47s

Is he really? He was also apparently ''fired up' about the 'disrespectful' BJ Penn' date=' Koscheck, Fitch, Hardy heck even Matt Hughes and the list goes on. That's called media hype. There's a reason they flew him in to sit cage side at the BJ-Diaz fight and that's that it had direct title implications.[/quote']

GSP was cornering Carmont, and Dana said that GSP had never gone backstage and asked him for a fight

Hey guys' date='

I've had some sleep and when I woke up I started browinsg around like I always do, searching for interviews and what not and let me tell you, I think it's BS that Condit got put apart. And you may know that I'm a HUGE Nick Diaz fan, but still, it was BS

However, Dana talked, it's on, GSP vs Nick Diaz, probably for Superbowl weekend

What we can take out of that?

2- GSP is fired up like crazy, we don't know if that's good or bad, we don't know if seeing a visceral GSP will be better for his own self. He may get wreckless, this may be Diaz & Gracie's plan all along! One thing's for sure, though, we're getting a ****in awesome fight, my favourite WW matchup ever and possibly the biggest WW fight ever (key word: possibly)

Now, what I'd love to see happen: Condit vs Ellenberger 2 for the #1 contender, co-main event, same card as GSP vs Diaz as Condit asked for

Fitch already has a fight so Condit and Ellenberger are the best welterweights free, and their first fight was a little controversial, this would be perfect. Both are ready for title shots

To keep the tl-dr comments count down I'ma end this with a big

WAR NICK DIAZ

Damn, I love MMA[/quote']

Lol, Sonnen is not the people's champ. That sounds so stupid. blah blah blah.

Kongo and Bigfoot would be alright. Kongo was a little gun shy vs Mittrione though.

GSP vs Diaz is gonna be insanely good. Win or Lose Diaz is going to put GSP in a fight and hopefully that causes him to be Rush and not Safe.

Condit always puts on good fights and IMO he had yet to face any of the top 5 guys at WW so another fight wouldn't hurt at all.

IF BJ comes back at LW I think this would be the perfect time on a huge card vs someone like Guida/Maynard/Miller who are up there in the LW rankings.

Archived