Fighter you have gained Respect for.

sirk04

This thread is for us to throw all your dislikings away for fighters just for a minute and be honest and tell who you have respect for as a fighter even if you don't like them.

Mine would have to be BJ Penn. I absolutely don't like him but after his last few fights I have gained alot of respect for him. He is a true warrior and I have grown to like watching his fights.

Frankie Edgar

He beat some good opponents but I never thought he had the killer instinct he showed with Maynard. I looked back at his other finishes and saw that he goes in for the kill when he smells blood. Fighting at LW when he is probably smaller than Aldo also helps.

and this...

I lost respect for Anderson after the Leites and Maia fight' date=' but after watching him fight Sonnen, Belfort and Okami. He has regained my respect.:cool:[/quote']

Yeah I really started to ****ing hate him after that. Anderson has got some Diaz in him, he often comes off as an arrogant prick. Probably nice in private. I hate Matt Hughes but i have heard that he is a truly great friend to the ones close to him. It's difficult to judge people. unless it is Bisping, he is a total ****.

Matt Mitrione and Roy Nelson. During their TUF time' date=' Matt seemed crazy and whiney and Roy acted like he was too good to be coached. I've become fan of both fighters since then.[/quote']

Completely agree. I often disrespected Evans because I'm not a huge fan, but if you think that guy sucks you're delusional. I gained much respect for Edgar after 118 and it's kept going up.

Also, really respect Sonnen for everything he does inside the cage. Well, and outside the cage cause damn he's funny...but that's a different story.

I'll second Mitrione and Roy Nelson. Mitrione has shown that he's serious about the sport and has improved greatly. Nelson because even though he was rather arrogant on the show, the guy doesn't give up. He's also got a granite chin, as was evidenced yet again when Cro Cop unloaded on him in the beginning of the second round. Man, can that guy take a punch or what?

Archived