Sign in to follow this  
the_bear413

Someone try taking JDS down please.

Is there something I haven't seen? Yes' date=' there is. It's JDS's ground game. I don't understand why no one has tried to take him down.[/quote']

they have. Gonzaga and Carwin got one takedown , but Junior got right back up. Cain Shot in but failed miserably cuz it missed completely.

Cain tried one single leg but it failed' date=' carwin tried to take him down aswell.[/quote']

they have. Gonzaga and Carwin got one takedown ' date=' but Junior got right back up. Cain Shot in but failed miserably cuz it missed completely.[/quote']

If there was anyone he could take JDS down and keep him down' date=' it was Cain, but he failed.

Also maybe cormier[/quote']

Umm I don't know exactly what you guys were watching but all Cain did was grab a kick and barely commit to a shot. I wouldn't call that a failed takedown.

I think JDS was (I don't want to say lucky) fortunate that he ended it quick enough for Cain not to commit to a proper takedown.

These are professional fighters that prepare for months for fights with game plans etc. Obviously Cain and the other JDS opponents know that he has dangerous standup, they would also want to take him to the ground, but JDS is too skilled to be taked down. He keeps distance and is fast, and has good tdd, so actually no one has been able to take JDS down.

Its not like they dont know that it would be good to take JDS down...the only problem is they cant.

Umm I don't know exactly what you guys were watching but all Cain did was grab a kick and barely commit to a shot. I wouldn't call that a failed takedown.

I think JDS was (I don't want to say lucky) fortunate that he ended it quick enough for Cain not to commit to a proper takedown.

I agree, i dunno what Cain was trying to do, he has been listening to too much joe rogan LEG KICKS OMG

Shane failed' date=' Gonzaga failed, and if you watched, Velasquez grabbed his leg for a takedown... Fail.[/quote']

That wasn't a takedown, he grabbed the leg and didn't try to drive in or anything, plus he didn't even care to let the leg go. Shane and Gonzaga aren't known for their great takedown ability. I'm not believing this JDS TDD theory until someone good actually shoots in on him.

If there was anyone he could take JDS down and keep him down' date=' it was Cain, but he failed.

Also maybe cormier[/quote']

Brocks sheer size and strength could be enough to get a take down on JDS. If they meet.

the fight was 64 seconds. Im sure it was his plan to get the TD, JDS caught him early.

Its like if people were saying "omgwtfBBQUmad, why didnt hughes go for the TD against Penn in their last fight"

Everyone including Dana who is saying "he shoulda gone for the TD" should just stfu. Running in for the TD before even feeling out your opponent is just stupid

the fight was 64 seconds. Im sure it was his plan to get the TD' date=' JDS caught him early.

Its like if people were saying "omgwtfBBQUmad, why didnt hughes go for the TD against Penn in their last fight"

Everyone including Dana who is saying "he shoulda gone for the TD" should just stfu. Running in for the TD before even feeling out your opponent is just stupid[/quote']

Thanks for saving me time writing this :) You can't expect him to spam takedowns right from the first minute.

the fight was 64 seconds. Im sure it was his plan to get the TD' date=' JDS caught him early.

Everyone including Dana who is saying "he shoulda gone for the TD" should just stfu. Running in for the TD before even feeling out your opponent is just stupid[/quote']

What about GSP? Did he not immediately go for the takedown in there 2nd Serra fight and the Fitch fight. Jk :D

I agree, but I bet Cain does regret not driving and taking down jds when he caught the leg. Can't win em all

I hate saying certain fighters get lucky and especially JDS because that is what he does, but I have to agree that he did get "lucky" the fight ended so quickly.

Had the fight gone on longer, who knows what would have happened. Cain got caught. That's all there is to it though.

Hope Cain fights his way up the rankings again so we can see the rematch.

Is there something I haven't seen? Yes' date=' there is. It's JDS's ground game. I don't understand why no one has tried to take him down.[/quote']

Roy tried and didn't succeed. I recall Carwin taking him down BREIFLY, and Velasquez grabbed his leg after a kick so he was thinking about it.

Roy tried and didn't succeed. I recall Carwin taking him down BREIFLY' date=' and Velasquez grabbed his leg after a kick so he was thinking about it.[/quote']

Watch the fight again and tell me he didn't try to take him down. Junior got out of it effortlessly.

What about GSP? Did he not immediately go for the takedown in there 2nd Serra fight and the Fitch fight. Jk :D

I agree' date=' but [b']I bet Cain does regret not driving and taking down jds when he caught the leg.[/b] Can't win em all

Are you serious? He tried and failed. Did you not see Cain explode into the catch? JDS is just way too slick and quick.

Cormier & Lesnar have the best chance.

In terms of taking him down and keeping him there, Lesnar definitely has the best chance.

Cormier has shown me nothing to make me believe that he's even better than Carwin. He may be an Olympian, but compared to his wrestling days he's noticeably overweight and hasn't shown an explosive capacity that's on par with the most effective wrestlers in MMA.

So your saying Cain shot but wasnt actually trying to take him down ? Cain wanted to take him down he just shot from to far away. Weither he commited fully or not he shot and didnt get the takedown. Id call that a fail

In terms of taking him down and keeping him there' date=' Lesnar definitely has the best chance.

Cormier has shown me nothing to make me believe that he's even better than Carwin. He may be an Olympian, but compared to his wrestling days he's noticeably overweight and hasn't shown an explosive capacity that's on par with the most effective wrestlers in MMA.[/quote']

Cormier is the real deal. Just wait & see.

Most say they will do that to him before they fight him.

Yet he always proves them wrong -

I knew Bigfoot was a sham but Cormier hasn't faced an elite striker that has elite takedown defence yet or an elite BJJ practitioner with good striking, we wont know how good he really is until he fights in the UFC.

I knew Bigfoot was a sham but Cormier hasn't faced an elite striker that has elite takedown defence yet or an elite BJJ practitioner with good striking' date=' we wont know how good he really is until he fights in the UFC.[/quote']

Cormier was a huge underdog against Bigfott... With the bookies & the pro's picks.

I will look forward to when he joins the UFC.

World class wrasslin, & ever improving striking.

Who know's, one day he may fight JDS.