Silva fans already making excuses

the_bear413

The future "super fight" between Jon Jones and Anderson Silva hasn't happened yet, and already Silva's fans are making their excuses, saying that "Silva, in his prime, would have tooled Jon Jones."

The amazing thing is, neither of them are in their prime, so the point that they try to make is moot. A fighter's prime is right around 30 years old. Hell, not just a fighter's, every male goes through the prime time of their life from around 28-33 years of age. Jones, being younger, has the stamina and resilience advantage, but that certainly isn't everything.

Take Ray Lewis of the Baltimore Ravens, for example. He's been playing NFL ball for 14 years, and is still the most feared linebacker in the league. It isn't because he's faster, or because he's bigger than everyone else. His experience allows him to surpass people that are more physically gifted.

So Silva fans, the next time you try to prematurely use an excuse for a fight that probably won't even happen, think about this.

The future "super fight" between Jon Jones and Anderson Silva hasn't happened yet' date=' and already Silva's fans are making their excuses, saying that "Silva, in his prime, would have tooled Jon Jones."

The amazing thing is, neither of them are in their prime, so the point that they try to make is moot. A fighter's prime is right around 30 years old. Hell, not just a fighter's, every male goes through the prime time of their life from around 28-33 years of age. Jones, being younger, has the stamina and resilience advantage, but that certainly isn't everything.

Take Ray Lewis of the Baltimore Ravens, for example. He's been playing NFL ball for 14 years, and is still the most feared linebacker in the league. It isn't because he's faster, or because he's bigger than everyone else. His experience allows him to surpass people that are more physically gifted.

So Silva fans, the next time you try to prematurely use an excuse for a fight that probably won't even happen, think about [i']this[/i].

Chael owns Silva!!!

The future "super fight" between Jon Jones and Anderson Silva hasn't happened yet' date=' and already Silva's fans are making their excuses, saying that "Silva, in his prime, would have tooled Jon Jones."

So Silva fans, the next time you try to prematurely use an excuse for a fight that probably won't even happen, think about [i']this[/i].

The reason people fear ray Lewis is because he killed someone.

you got the smart part right...LOl

Who puled your chain?

I get tired of all the haters and huggers adding irrelevant statements to threads. This is the second one I ran across. Nothing against you personally. I just think some people on this forum have turrets syndrome or something.

Ray Lewis is a hall of fame linebacker that has ALWAYS had instinct and physical gifts. He's played like a vet since bmore first drafted him.

But no matter how well he plays mikebacker he will never be a defensive end.

This is a parody with Anderson and Jones. Jones will never be the striker that Silva is (never); and Silva will never be the hulking mass of wrestler Jones is currently. The coolest thing is that they are fine not changing.

Don't need to see these two fight; but I'd love every second of it if they did.

Fan of both. And Jones > Silva. I'm sticking to it.

What has Jones done to prove that he is greater than Silva? Beat up on smaller fighters by using his size and reach and long limbs?

Until Jones fights someone his own size as far as height and reach and moves up in weight and wins a couple of fights there plus defend his title another what 10 times he will never be greate than Silva.

Jones will never be tested at the LHW division. There is no fighter that can give him a challenege at 205. He needs to move and give himself a challenege.

Silva has beaten bigger fighters, fighters with great wrestling, striking, you name it he has beaten.

What has Jones done to prove that he is greater than Silva? Beat up on smaller fighters by using his size and reach and long limbs?

Until Jones fights someone his own size as far as height and reach and moves up in weight and wins a couple of fights there plus defend his title another what 10 times he will never be greate than Silva.

Jones will never be tested at the LHW division. There is no fighter that can give him a challenege at 205. He needs to move and give himself a challenege.

Silva has beaten bigger fighters' date=' fighters with great wrestling, striking, you name it he has beaten.[/quote']

Dude. 205 is 205. Height and reach is unavoidable. You basically just said Jones is too big for anyone at LHW and you said Silva has beaten bigger fighters, so what is it?

Jones would take Silva down to the ground because he saw what Chael could do, except for the fact that Jones can finish....Chael has a hard time finishing.

Jones defeats Silva via GnP or submission. Unless Jones keeps it on the ground, Silva would give him troubles, no doubt.

Jones defeats Silva via GnP or submission.[\QUOTE]

I think he'd be the first person to ever just completely humiliate Anderson Silva. He'll cut him up so bad it'll not even be fun to watch. I'm a Silva fan, I wouldn't want to see Silva vs. Jones. I'd rather see Jones test the waters at HW rather than waste a main event beating on Silva.

Dude. 205 is 205. Height and reach is unavoidable. You basically just said Jones is too big for anyone at LHW and you said Silva has beaten bigger fighters' date=' so what is it?

Jones would take Silva down to the ground because he saw what Chael could do, except for the fact that Jones can finish....Chael has a hard time finishing.

Jones defeats Silva via GnP or submission. Unless Jones keeps it on the ground, Silva would give him troubles, no doubt.[/quote']

In understand that 205 is 205 but come fight day Jones is bigger than everyone he faces at 205. I know that Height and Reach is unavoidable but plays a big part to why he is successfull. Jones made big LHW fighters like Bader and Rampage look like MW's.

I was simply saying that Silva has fought fighters that were bigger than him come fight day both in the MW and LHW divison and has challenged himself by fighting out of his comfort zone and until Jones can move up and challenge himself, Silva will always be greater.

SIlva just had an off night against a cheating chael and Silva fought injured. Anyone could see that Silva was not himself. Look what happened his next two fights against Belfort and Okami. Yes it is easier for Jones to take fighters down do to the size of his arms, he is able to easily wrap his arms around fighters and take them down. But until they fight which i dont think will happen, Silva will always be greater then Jones.

In understand that 205 is 205 but come fight day Jones is bigger than everyone he faces at 205. I know that Height and Reach is unavoidable but plays a big part to why he is successfull. Jones made big LHW fighters like Bader and Rampage look like MW's.

I was simply saying that Silva has fought fighters that were bigger than him come fight day both in the MW and LHW divison and has challenged himself by fighting out of his comfort zone and until Jones can move up and challenge himself' date=' Silva will always be greater.

SIlva just had an off night against a cheating chael and Silva fought injured. Anyone could see that Silva was not himself. Look what happened his next two fights against Belfort and Okami. Yes it is easier for Jones to take fighters down do to the size of his arms, he is able to easily wrap his arms around fighters and take them down. But until they fight which i dont think will happen, Silva will always be greater then Jones.[/quote']

Still very early for Jones for anyone to say all that. If they were to fight later this year--Jones>Silva. Silva fighting out of his comfort zone was James Irving and Forrest Griffin....wow. People are talking JBSvs JDS! How ridiculous. How can you blame a guy for being bigger on fight day? That happens with everyone because that's how it goes. And if machida would have beaten Jones, nothing would be said about Jones's size. Lyoto had a good chance.

A fighter's prime has nothing to do with age. The "prime" is simply when they are at their absolute best, and will never exceed that level.

For instance, Shogun is 29 or 30 (can't remember), but his prime was 5 or so years ago. He will never be better than he was in Pride, regardless of how old he is.

And Silva would STILL tool Jones. That punch Machida caught Jones with in the 1st round would have DROPPED Jones if it had been thrown by Silva.

An old Silva will beat the young Jones, bank on it.

Oh, and I apologize for feeding the troll. I couldn't help myself.

Dude. 205 is 205. Height and reach is unavoidable. You basically just said Jones is too big for anyone at LHW and you said Silva has beaten bigger fighters' date=' so what is it?

Jones defeats Silva via GnP or submission. Unless Jones keeps it on the ground, Silva would give him troubles, no doubt.[/quote']

One does not simply walk into Silva's range (Bad LOTR reference, but I like it).

Jones would have to get close, obviously, to take Silva down. Do you think Silva is just gonna stand around and let that happen?

Machida was picking Jones apart on the feet, but we all know that Machida lacks one-punch KO power. Silva, on the other hand, does not, and is a (dare I say) MUCH more effective striker than Machida.

Jones would definitely have a chance in beating Silva, but I just don't see him winning. Silva is the only non-HW that I am 100% confident can beat Jones. Hopefully we'll see this fight someday soon.

One does not simply walk into Silva's range (Bad LOTR reference' date=' but I like it).[/b']

Jones would have to get close, obviously, to take Silva down. Do you think Silva is just gonna stand around and let that happen?

Machida was picking Jones apart on the feet, but we all know that Machida lacks one-punch KO power. Silva, on the other hand, does not, and is a (dare I say) MUCH more effective striker than Machida.

Jones would definitely have a chance in beating Silva, but I just don't see him winning. Silva is the only non-HW that I am 100% confident can beat Jones. Hopefully we'll see this fight someday soon.

LOL

Chael took Silva down several times. So did Hendo and so did Lutter. If Jones gets the takedown, sadly,it's over for Silva.

And your statement on Machida lacks one punch power....you sure about that? Rashad, Thiago Silva....

Anyway, I'd love to see this fight and love to see either man win.

Still very early for Jones for anyone to say all that. If they were to fight later this year--Jones>Silva. Silva fighting out of his comfort zone was James Irving and Forrest Griffin....wow. People are talking JBSvs JDS! How ridiculous. How can you blame a guy for being bigger on fight day? That happens with everyone because that's how it goes. And if machida would have beaten Jones' date=' nothing would be said about Jones's size. Lyoto had a good chance.[/quote']

I do believe that Jones needs to move up to HW but i dont think he needs to fight JDS right away. He still needs several fights at HW before JDS.

I just dont see Jones having anyone to challenge him at LHW. Look at what happen against Machida. Jones was not having any success in the 1st standing. So in the second he is easily able to take Machida down because of his speed and long arms. Only Jones is able to submit Machida the way he did do to his arm lenght.

Dont get me wrong, Jones is very talented and a great fighter. But because he is able to come fight day Bigger, Taller, and having almost a 10 inch reach over any fighter makes it much easier for him. The guy has a longer reach than fighters who are almost 7feet tall.

To be honest lyoto never had a chance. Everytime Lyoto went foward and connected, Jones was backing up so the punches did not have a lot of force. Jones is easily able to stay on the outside and away from all the fighters he faces and then when he wants he can easily take them down and just elbow them.

I do believe that Jones needs to move up to HW but i dont think he needs to fight JDS right away. He still needs several fights at HW before JDS.

I just dont see Jones having anyone to challenge him at LHW. Look at what happen against Machida. Jones was not having any success in the 1st standing. So in the second he is easily able to take Machida down because of his speed and long arms. Only Jones is able to submit Machida the way he did do to his arm lenght.

Dont get me wrong' date=' Jones is very talented and a great fighter. But because he is able to come fight day Bigger, Taller, and having almost a 10 inch reach over any fighter makes it much easier for him. The guy has a longer reach than fighters who are almost 7feet tall.

To be honest lyoto never had a chance. Everytime Lyoto went foward and connected, Jones was backing up so the punches did not have a lot of force. Jones is easily able to stay on the outside and away from all the fighters he faces and then when he wants he can easily take them down and just elbow them.[/quote']

Well, you just summed up that Jones is a good fighter. There are lots ofothers who could have had the same size and reach and not beenas successful as Jones. Dude can fight. He's not just another big guy with long arms. You have to know how to use what you have. Same with Lyoto...he put on 30 pounds of muscle right? He almost found a way to beat Jones, but Jones knew what he was doing.