Sign in to follow this  
LexVegas

Tired of the Overhype of Whoever the Current Champ is??

Its so funny how after somone becomes champ you start seeing, "JDS will be champ for a long time" "JBJ is gonna be the GOAT after 5 more defenses". I know these fighters are good but if you have been watching MMA as long as i have you know that someone bigger and better eventually comes along and none of these fighters are unbeatable. Discuss.

Sales Marketing, same thing that made sandwiches famous like SUBWAY.. pretty standard Marketing trash. I meen, its a sandwichj..you can make it at home!!!!! SERIOUSLY how the hell does that franchise even exist on a global scale..its a sandwich..!!!!!! with bread and salad and dry cooked meat. Seriously...

Damn marketing. Damn it to hell!!

Its so funny how after somone becomes champ you start seeing' date=' "JDS will be champ for a long time" "JBJ is gonna be the GOAT after 5 more defenses". I know these fighters are good but if you have been watching MMA as long as i have you know that someone bigger and better eventually comes along and none of these fighters are unbeatable. Discuss.[/quote']

JBJ has proven himself.

JDS has beaten most top 5 HWs or HWs that have beaten other top 5's its not crazy to think JDS will reign for a while.

JDS has everything it takes to successfully defend the title for a very long time. Fact, no hype.

JBJ has everything it takes to become GOAT (In the future, not now) - Fact, no hype.

Silva - Do I really need to say anything? - Fact, no hype.

GSP - Beat all of his opponents (including avenging only 2 losses) - Fact, no hype.

Aldo - Beat every serious threat in 145 to date. Fact, no hype.

Frankie - Beat BJ twice and finished Maynard - A very solid champ (Bendo is a serious threat). Fact, no hype.

Cruz - Dominating BW for a while. Faber is definitely capable of dethroning him. Fact, no hype.

I see no problem here.

JDS has everything it takes to successfully defend the title for a very long time. Fact' date=' no hype.

JBJ has everything it takes to become GOAT (In the future, not now) - Fact, no hype.

Silva - Do I really need to say anything? - Fact, no hype.

GSP - Beat all of his opponents (including avenging only 2 losses) - Fact, no hype.

Aldo - Beat every serious threat in 145 to date. Fact, no hype.

Frankie - Beat BJ twice and finished Maynard - A very solid champ (Bendo is a serious threat). Fact, no hype.

Cruz - Dominating BW for a while. Faber is definitely capable of dethroning him. Fact, no hype.

I see no problem here.[/quote']

Your arguing there accomplishments, im not. Please learn to argue the fact at hand.....

Your arguing there accomplishments' date=' im not. Please learn to argue the fact at hand.....[/quote']

What do you base your fantastical claims of someone much bigger coming on? your crystal ball? :rolleyes:

These fighters have belts because they ACCOMPLISHED what others did not...

You say JBJ and JDS are hype? I say they are not.

I tell you WHY I think they are not. You still gave NO reason why they are.

So yes, it's possible that someone better than Silva will come. does that change the fact that he is currently the GOAT? No it doesn't.

What do you base your fantastical claims of someone much bigger coming on? your crystal ball? :rolleyes:

These fighters have belts because they ACCOMPLISHED what others did not...

You say JBJ and JDS are hype? I say they are not.

I tell you WHY I think they are not. You still gave NO reason why they are.

So yes' date=' it's possible that someone better than Silva will come[/b']. does that change the fact that he is currently the GOAT? No it doesn't.

Okay let me pick you apart again......

1st Bold- So they are the first fighters ever to accomplish winning the belt? Thats weird.

2nd Bold- I never said that, i agree there both great fighters.

3rd Bold- Of course someone will, thats MY ENTIRE ARGUMENT, NOT that they are not deserving of the titles. Rather that they are not deserving of the over-the-top fantasy based comments that they get. MMA is a full contact sport and ANYTHING can happen.

anyone who has the belt' date=' deserves the marketing..k? Nuff said.

But a sandwich that you can make at home like subway, is completely marketing trash.[/quote']

stfu

1st Bold- So they are the first fighters ever to accomplish winning the belt? Thats weird.

2nd Bold- I never said that' date=' i agree there both great fighters.

3rd Bold- Of course someone will, thats MY ENTIRE ARGUMENT, NOT that they are not deserving of the titles. Rather that they are not deserving of the[b'] over-the-top fantasy based comments that they get[/b]. MMA is a full contact sport and ANYTHING can happen.

sheesh dude, find something actually worth complaining about.

sheesh dude' date=' find something actually worth complaining about.[/quote']

People acting like their favorite fighter is a comic book hero isnt annoying to you? huh well i guess im alone on that one, this is MMA not cartoons.

2nd Bold- I never said that' date=' i agree there both great fighters.

3rd Bold- Of course someone will, thats MY ENTIRE ARGUMENT, NOT that they are not deserving of the titles. Rather that they are not deserving of the over-the-top fantasy based comments that they get. MMA is a full contact sport and ANYTHING can happen.[/quote']

You might be picking your nose... not me....

1. They are not the first but:

Can you compare Silva with any past champ? No you can't.

Can you admit that JBJ has accomplished quite a lot so far? (Bonnar, Shogun, Machida, Rampage and so on) If you can't give him that, I have nothing further to say to you...

Can you point me at the HW who has a great chance of beating JDS? I'd like to know...

2. But you complain about the overhype. My argument, it is not overhype it is just enough hype. The right hype.

3. So your point is... Some time, there might be someome who could possibly do better? So, what's your point?... These guys are great NOW so they get the hype NOW...:confused:

these guys are the champions if they don't Market them who the hell else are they going to market?

they have the UFC belt therefore they are the best fighters in their respective divisions. they deserve all the credit in the world.

these guys are the champions if they don't Market them who the hell else are they going to market?

they have the UFC belt therefore they are the best fighters in their respective divisions. they deserve all the credit in the world.

Im not talking about marketing YOU IDOT. Im talking about people on these forums... smh

the only person that i have seen....recently..that has earned GOAT status is Anderson Silva.

Some have come close...but i dont care if your a hater or lover....he is the one and only GOAT....had GSP not lost to a stupid one punch wonder to mat serra he woudl be right up there as well...

but lets face it...anderson silva has kicked some serious butt...since 2006....he has beat 2 tough guys at LHW...he has humiliatd good fighters, toyed with many, pulled a win from the clutches of a loss via triangle.....and he aint going anywhere soon...he is the GOAT

All champs are deserving, but all champs are also more susceptible to defeat than most fans think. Silva and GSP have been champs a long time so they, to me, deserve a little more slack for people talking about them as P4P, or unbeatable and whatnot even though they are beatable. The new champs though, no matter who it is, are almost always immediately thrown in p4p convos and polls like they're all going to be Anderson Silva's and GSP's before they've produced the results. Everybody wants to be in on the next big thing. Occasionally it is warrented, but you could make a case why one could assume as much for almost anybody. They can't all be "the super champion", yet they all get talked up as such. Not talking about UFC marketing. They have to do that. Regular people do not.

All champs are deserving' date=' but all champs are also more susceptible to defeat than most fans think. Silva and GSP have been champs a long time so they, to me, deserve a little more slack for people talking about them as P4P, or unbeatable and whatnot even though they are beatable. The new champs though, no matter who it is, are almost always immediately thrown in p4p convos and polls like they're all going to be Anderson Silva's and GSP's before they've produced the results. Everybody wants to be in on the next big thing. [b']Occasionally[/b] it is warrented, but you could make a case why one could assume as much for almost anybody. They can't all be "the super champion", yet they all get talked up as such. Not talking about UFC marketing. They have to do that. Regular people do not.

Do you agree that JBJ, JDS and Aldo have the tools to become these seemingly unstoppable champs?

Cause that's pretty much all people are saying (well, the sane ones...). That's why I don't think there's overhype.

Do you agree that JBJ' date=' JDS and Aldo [u']have the tools to become[/u] these seemingly unstoppable champs?

Cause that's pretty much all people are saying (well, the sane ones...). That's why I don't think there's overhype.

Yes, they do, but you could say that about every champ and/or some top contenders. And people do say that about every champ, but every champ doesn't turn out to be the greatest ever. I understand why people do that, but it's kind of overboard every time here lately and seems to be contageous. It's a bandwagon effect. There will always be true fans who obviously are going to prop their guy's cred. That's cool. It's the surge of bandwagon jumpers mimicking the opinions of super fans like it's the new holy truth that gets old.

i think the only overhyped champ is JDS. I know hes been impressive but hes only been on his back for less than 7 seconds in the UFC.. I think as soon as a dominant wrestler/grappler gets him on his back hes guna get exposed.