Sign in to follow this  
Bobmyster

Nate fora shot after bendo?

Nate vs Edgar would be a great fight

Both have great cardio,heart and fast hands

Would be interesting to see if Edgar could control Nate on the ground

(if Gray had trouble then so would Edgar)

Would be a good matchup

Nate would need at least another 2 high profile fights

Jim Miller (since he will sub Melvin) and a rematch with Gray

If he wins both then he should get a title shot

It is going to get severely messed up unless Melendez stays away out of respect for Nate.

I figure Melendez has only 1 maybe 2 fights left on his SF contract ,then he will be in the UFC.He will not have more than 1 fight ,then will be fighting for the title.That may very well collide with Nate and i am 99.9% positive,they would not face each other,so not sure how it will play out.I believe it is the same reason Jake moved to 185,he has been 170 forever,to avoid Nick.

I think it would be a travesty to the sport that the true champion is not represented in the UFC and i feel it is Melendez.I just cannot see it playing out,unless Diaz starts losing to drop him down in ranks,so they don't have to meet.

The reason Cerrone would've had a title shot was because a win vs Diaz would've put him at a 6 win streak, with at least 4 finishes, while most other contenders by now have dropped a loss.

Diaz has been floating between WW and LW, and has generally been losing more than winning. He needs to show some consistency before he gets a title shot in the crowded LW division.

Nate Diaz is a great fighter with Huge Heart, he will get a title shot within the next couple year but I dont think now is the time, he is still pretty young even tho he has been around for some time.

If you really look at the division Nate is the only one close to it at the moment. Everyone thought Cowboy, Guida, Gulliard, and Miller were in line for title shots but they have all lost. Who is left in a better position than Nate right now. I think he should be in a title eliminator fight, but not really sure who against. So many people where hyping Cowboy for a shot and saying he would beat Edgar, and I believe he would have gotten a shot with a win over Nate, and Nate walked through him with ease.

The reason Cerrone would've had a title shot was because a win vs Diaz would've put him at a 6 win streak' date=' with at least 4 finishes, while most other contenders by now have dropped a loss.

[b']Diaz has been floating between WW and LW, and has generally been losing more than winning[/b]. He needs to show some consistency before he gets a title shot in the crowded LW division.

If you really look at Nates losses its hard to agree with you here. Nate lost by decision to Maynard, and Kim alot of people thought he got screwed on those decisions. And lost to Rory because of a few slams in the third round witch were more show than anything. Its not like hes being dominated or finished by anyone. Nates losses are close fights

diaz will fight twice before title shot assuming he wins those fights

So you think he should have to fight people coming off losses to earn a title shot after he just beat a guy that was in line for the next title shot?

So you think he should have to fight people coming off losses to earn a title shot after he just beat a guy that was in line for the next title shot?

so you think after you win twice in the most talent stacked division you should get a title shot?

you are aware that you can fight guys coming off wins even if you are coming off a loss?

if the guys coming off losses don't fight how can they ever climb raankings again...they lost a fight to other top ranked guys...get a clue

If you really look at Nates losses its hard to agree with you here. Nate lost by decision to Maynard' date=' and Kim alot of people thought he got screwed on those decisions. And lost to Rory because of a few slams in the third round witch were more show than anything. Its not like hes being dominated or finished by anyone. Nates losses are close fights[/quote']

Cerrone was on a 5 win tear and I don't believe there was any guarantee he'd get a title shot if he won, just a lot of speculation.

Pettis was in line for a title shot and got sent to the undercard after a loss to Guida that lots of fans felt was a bad decision. (Nevermind it was the right decision)

Miller was on a 7 win streak spanning almost two years before he was given a title eliminator fight.

Guida had a 4-win streak, including beating Pettis, before he was given a title eliminator fight.

You can try to nitpick this or that loss, the facts are that over the past two years Nate has won 4 and lost 3. Add in that he hasn't been staying just in LW, he doesn't deserve just tossed on the top of the pile just on wins over a fading Gomi and Cerrone. Other contenders who have 1 loss against top guys (Such as Guida and Miller due to Bendo) should be at the same level of contendership as Diaz.

Cerrone was on a 5 win tear and I don't believe there was any guarantee he'd get a title shot if he won' date=' just a lot of speculation.

Pettis was in line for a title shot and got sent to the undercard after a loss to Guida that lots of fans felt was a bad decision. (Nevermind it was the right decision)

Miller was on a 7 win streak spanning almost two years before he was given a title eliminator fight.

Guida had a 4-win streak, including beating Pettis, before he was given a title eliminator fight.

You can try to nitpick this or that loss, the facts are that over the past two years Nate has won 4 and lost 3. Add in that he hasn't been staying just in LW, he doesn't deserve just tossed on the top of the pile just on wins over a fading Gomi and Cerrone. Other contenders who have 1 loss against top guys (Such as Guida and Miller due to Bendo) should be at the same level of contendership as Diaz.[/quote']

Yea I feel ya. I think Nate should have one more fight but I just dont think there is anyone that make sense at the time. Dana has always said the way you win fights comes into play alot in pick title fights Nate dominate Cerrone pretty easy. Title shots arnt always about whos done what for how long its mostly about whos the right guy right now. Machida was just given a shot he was 1-2 with a win over a fading Couture. One more fight for Nate would make sense but there arnt alot of guys for him to fight unless he fights people coming off loses or Louzen beats Pettis impressively and him and Diaz fight, but I think that only makes since if J-Lo smashes Pettis. All this could all end up being irrelavent Edgar usually rematches people him and Bendo might fight more than once. Who knows. I just think Nate is in the best position for a shot right now

I know what you mean, and you raise a good example with Machida. I think however Machida was given a chance because it seems to me Dana wants to shield Jones somewhat. Rashad has been shuffled backwards multiple times throughout this year and is deserving of a title fight. Also, I suspect they want to avoid rematches for him as much as possible because it can make a huge difference facing a guy the first time who has a physical advantage like Jones does, and knowing and preparing for it a second time.

Nate should have to face off against other top LWs before a title shot because there are so many great LW fighters.

I dont care what the biggest Diaz fanboy says Nate is not ready for a title shot. Nick isnt even but thats a different story. Nate needs to beat a good wrestler/grappler. I say rematches with Gray/Guida and possibly Jim Miller. OR if the UFC wants a crazy fight give him the Pettis/Lauzon winner. I think he is 1 fight away from a title shot possibly more.