Sign in to follow this  
dapappamasher

make front kicks to knee cap illegal

jon jones is the most guilty of this but seen silva do it but kicking straight down to fighters kness like he did to rua and rampage is some real dirty fighting if they allow him to do that then they should just allow kicks to head on downed opponents.its just as dangerous for fighters

I dont see how kicking someone in the knee is the same as kicking a downed opponent in the head. sure, it can mess up someone's knee but thats the point.

kicks to the head of a downed opponent is unnecessary.

I dont see how kicking someone in the knee is the same as kicking a downed opponent in the head. sure' date=' it can mess up someone's knee but thats the point.

kicks to the head of a downed opponent is unnecessary.[/quote']

and caving a guys knee in is come on know

jon jones is the most guilty of this but seen silva do it but kicking straight down to fighters kness like he did to rua and rampage is some real dirty fighting if they allow him to do that then they should just allow kicks to head on downed opponents.its just as dangerous for fighters

You can die from head trauma- it's not "just as dangerous" to kick someone's knee.

Ban MMA everywhere' date=' there's no need for violence.[/quote']

Maybe you're right. Maybe we should just have the guys talk out their differences in the cage, and Herb Dean and mediate.

I am for a only knee kicks match

Idk bout that. But I'd pay good money to see a fight where the fighters were only allowed to throw knees :D

Kicks to a down opponent looks brutal, but for some reason i agree to knees to a downed opponent, because how many times we see a guy in north south or a side control position not being able to knee the dude in the head.

I think we are slowly drifting from the 'martial arts' in MMA and just trying to push it being legalized and more fan friendly.

UFC is geared towards who can come up with the better game and not who is the better fighter...

youve probly never played a sport in ur life u cumdumpster

lol troll is mad and responds with a answer that is way off to what he quoted

I could not have said it any better....:D

ehhe

I think we should allow kissing in MMA. On the lips only. Get rid of all this punching and stuff.

GSP would win every fight due to his opponent tapping to kisses but its way more humane than fighting.

Maybe you're right. Maybe we should just have the guys talk out their differences in the cage' date=' and Herb Dean and mediate.[/quote']

and they could join up with other Ultimate Debaters and form tag teams and do 2v2 battles!

I think we should allow kissing in MMA. On the lips only. Get rid of all this punching and stuff.

GSP would win every fight due to his opponent tapping to kisses but its way more humane than fighting.

You are totally right. Let's make this happen Zuffa.

How many people have been injured because of this? Why make a rule when there isn't anybody being injured from it?

why not just ban JuJitSu to, as more people have had broken limbs due to Jits than kicks!

why not just ban JuJitSu to' date=' as more people have had broken limbs due to Jits than kicks![/quote']

This^^^^^

We can also ban punches because we have had a lot of damage from those too. :rolleyes:

there are just a few things they shouldn't allow in my opinion:

--ball shots

--eye gouge

--throat chop

--biting

--finger breaking

--soccer kicks to the back of the head to a downed opponent.

that's it.

The only change to the current rules should be stopping fighters laying on top of the opponent for 3 to 5 rounds without inflicting any damage. if you take the fight to the ground, do something. if you dont, stand them up

Well the joint manipulation rule is already there,however there is a trick and Royce did it years ago.You kick just above the knee ,therefore you are not attacking the joint,even though the result is still manipulating the joint.Problem is all those arm locks and stuff are also attacking the joints,i think small joint is meaningless,they are all the same.

Small joints like fingers is just another rule to favor the wrestler,if a guy had a hold of me from behind,i most certainly would attack his fingers.All these rules just make it safe to grapple carelessly throwing caution to the wind,.

its not dirty youre a just a moron

youve probly never played a sport in ur life u cumdumpster

Knock off the insults.

The kicks are not dirty because they are legal.

Putting someone in a knee bar is much more dangerous. Should they do away with submissions??

Who have we seen have their knee blown out by this kick?

The guy just clearly doesn't like Jon Jones and is pissed that he uses those kicks so effectively, I doubt he really cares about safety. Or y'know he's just trolling.

I thought I was the only one that has seen this, but 100% agree. kicks to the knee are

illegal because they are self-defense strikes as a kick to the knee can break a person's

knee unless the kick is thrown to the upper thigh, but I have seen those illegal kicks from

JBJ, not from Silva who is a clean and fair fighter( his are to the upper thigh ). No wonder

that JBJ no talent gets into other fighters's head and focus during the fight with him. UFC

needs to take a CEU on what illegal kicks are.

With all the problems fighters have with knee injuries and considering that a knee injury can end someones career, I'd say yes front kicks to the knee should be banned regardless of who's throwing them.

I'm not surprised not many fighters don't do it, although effective it's a pretty dirty thing to do IMO.

Im on the fence about it. I mean in no way do i think it's "dirty" and the other fighter can use them too so fair game if you can.

However in the future when we have alot of people that are extremely talanted with this tool are we gonna see it help fights stall somewhat or even worse a few peoples legs get hyperextended and thier career is never the same as a result?

Jones and Anderson are not to far off in technique from breaking someone's knee with this. If they actually did it in combinations off of hands and at closer distance so you can't spot it so easy there is more follow through and if done with conviction they would already be ending fights with this and knee injuries if bad enough sometimes you're never the same.

For those reasons i'd be ok with if it was taken out.

yawn do you guys even train thats why there is something you call "checking the kick" when you raise your leg it would be very difficult to kick the knee cap, if that technique is illegal it would have been banned a long time ago

fighting is a nasty business whatever you hit with. Im yet to see a caved in knee so far. Link to a fight where a guy caves in a dudes knee from front kick please....