Alves vs Kampmann

Rambo89

Who do you think wins and whats next for winner?

Personally I think they're both equal technique wise in muay thai but Alves has the advantage in chin and power...

I think these guys have very equal skills in Muay Thai, wrestling, and BJJ but I think this fight will take place on its feet and Alves should win by TKO or decision

Who do you think wins and whats next for winner?

Personally I think they're both equal technique wise in muay thai but Alves has the advantage in chin and power...

I think these guys have very equal skills in Muay Thai' date=' wrestling, and BJJ but I think this fight will take place on its feet and Alves should win by TKO or decision[/quote']

I got Kampmann, he is so underrated!

Kampmann is mad underrated. But he typically prays on wrestlers by stuffing their takedowns and outpointing them on the feet. His offensive wrestling doesn't seem particularly great and I'm not sure he has what it takes to beat a striker of Alves' quality.

I'm gonna take Alves by decision.

Sanchez and Story out struck Kampmann' date=' Alves by knockout[/quote']

Your an idiot. Kampmann out struck Sanchez in every way. He threw the exact same amount and landed more punches and caused 1000 times more damage. Explain any way Sanchez out struck Kampmann. Diego was only successful on 1 of 15 take downs so he was out grappled too.

http://hosteddb.fightmetric.com/fights/index/3311

Sanchez and Story out struck Kampmann' date=' Alves by knockout[/quote']

Sanchez did not, he just was more aggressive and had Octagon Control...

Story did, but Story also whipped Alves on the feet until he gassed. Thing is is that Kampmann, being the harder opponent, forced him to gas quicker.

Being outstruck by story is not something to be ashamed of, ask Hendricks. Story knows what the hell he is doing on the feet, he is relentless and hurts dudes.

In a straight up standup battle, I'd say Alves has a slight edge, but since Kampmann brings EVERYTHING to the table, unlike Alves, I think Kampmann is gonna pick him apart and get him in a late submission.

Alves doesn't have to worry about the TD as much in this fight as he usually has had to, so he should be able to open up on the feet. If Alves commits to leg kicks, and actually punishes Kampmann with them, that could be the defining factor in this fight

The way I see it

Striking- Fairly even, although power has to go to Alves, but probably precision and technique to Kampmann

Wrestling- Alves

Cardio- Neither man seems to gas in a striking battle, however Alves has gassed against wrestlers, so Kampmann should have an advantage. Alves has also struggled with weight cuts before

Experience- Shouldn't play a factor in this fight

Archived