In % what is the ideal mix of martial arts

||LastManStanding||

What do you guys think makes for the most effective MMA fighter? Personally I think around 60% wrestling and 40% anything else is best. Wrestling just seems the most dominant style in MMA

The above statement was no longer true during the entire year of 2011 because mma

guys who are dominant in Muay Thai boxing, Shotokan karate, boxing, Tae Kwon Do, and

BJJ evolved specific wrestling skills, i.e., sprawl to use their choice of striking style,

wizards to prevent takedowns, wrestling control tactics to get back up to their feet and

maintain their choice of using a striking style, etc., etc. The point is 2011 should go down

in UFC and MMA history as the year when traditional and contemporary MMA's learned

what was useful from Western wrestling techniques to adapt to NCAA wrestlers, Olympic

wrestlers, and Greco Roman wrestlers who were high level wrestlers with half evolved

boxing and Muay Thai boxing.

The above statement was no longer true during the entire year of 2011 because mma

guys who are dominant in Muay Thai boxing' date=' Shotokan karate, boxing, Tae Kwon Do, and

BJJ evolved specific wrestling skills, i.e., sprawl to use their choice of striking style,

wizards to prevent takedowns, wrestling control tactics to get back up to their feet and

maintain their choice of using a striking style, etc., etc. The point is 2011 should go down

in UFC and MMA history as the year when traditional and contemporary MMA's learned

what was useful from Western wrestling techniques to adapt to NCAA wrestlers, Olympic

wrestlers, and Greco Roman wrestlers who were high level wrestlers with half evolved

boxing and Muay Thai boxing.[/quote']

A Sprawl is soo pride era. Not that it isn't effective but most of the time good wrestlers will follow-up and still get the takedown anyway.

What we are seeing more is fighters using the cage as a tool for anti-wrestling and good pummeling for position, hand control, wall walking and an open heels on hips and butterfly guard to create space, control hips /head position and allow for scrambles back the the feet.

there is no perfect mix' date=' as it is not just about MMA skill. the ability to take a punch, stamina, intellegence are just 3 other qualities you need.[/quote']

You missed the boat. The question is, "In % what is the ideal mix of martial arts?"

Obviously, you need fitness and mental toughness, anybody knows this otherwise if you don't have the guts, it doesn't matter how skilled you are, you will already be beat psychologically.

You missed the boat. The question is' date=' "In % what is the ideal mix of martial arts?"

Obviously, you need fitness and mental toughness, anybody knows this otherwise if you don't have the guts, it doesn't matter how skilled you are, you will already be beat psychologically.[/quote']

`i realised that when i posted! :D couldnt bother deleting

Archived