VIDEO: Countdown to UFC 143: Diaz vs. Condit (Full Episode)

Mike_Bohn

I find it quite hilarious how they use a Fedor buildup in this video to promote Werdum, then have Rogan say "He is the one who debunked the Fedor myth." If Fedor was a myth, then how do you justify Werdum coming back to the UFC? Two wins over Mike Kyle and Bigfoot Silva? This Fedor slander campaign is the real myth. It contradicts itself so many times its almost laughable.

I find it quite hilarious how they use a Fedor buildup in this video to promote Werdum' date=' then have Rogan say "He is the one who debunked the Fedor myth." If Fedor was a myth, then how do you justify Werdum coming back to the UFC? Two wins over Mike Kyle and Bigfoot Silva? This Fedor slander campaign is the real myth. It contradicts itself so many times its almost laughable.[/quote']

In all fairness he'd probably still be in the UFC if JDS didn't happen to him.

In all fairness he'd probably still be in the UFC if JDS didn't happen to him.

I'm not taking anything away from Werdum he is a top 10 fighter right now, but lets be real he chose to go to SF because the money wasn't right for him to stay in the UFC. He beats a guy not even fighting at HW in Mike Kyle and Bigfoot Silva who, while having an impressive record, was not top 10 at the time. Nothing that would move the needle on Dana's radar as far as getting him back in the UFC. Then he goes out and becomes the first fighter to legitimately beat Fedor. Big win and a career defining moment right? Enough for Dana to want to sign him back right? So now he fights Overreem in the Grand Prix. He puts on an embarrasing performance in a pathetic effort to get Overreem to fall for the same trap Fedor did. Now you can't tell me that if you took that win vs Fedor out of his time in SF that the UFC would have even taken a second look at resigning him. So why did they build up Fedor in this video for Werdum and then call Fedor's career a myth? Because without the Fedor win, what is there to promote Werdum with? A win over Bigfoot who hadn't fought Fedor yet?

I'm not taking anything away from Werdum he is a top 10 fighter right now' date=' but lets be real he chose to go to SF because the money wasn't right for him to stay in the UFC. He beats a guy not even fighting at HW in Mike Kyle and Bigfoot Silva who, while having an impressive record, was not top 10 at the time. Nothing that would move the needle on Dana's radar as far as getting him back in the UFC. Then he goes out and becomes the first fighter to legitimately beat Fedor. Big win and a career defining moment right? Enough for Dana to want to sign him back right? So now he fights Overreem in the Grand Prix. He puts on an embarrasing performance in a pathetic effort to get Overreem to fall for the same trap Fedor did. Now you can't tell me that if you took that win vs Fedor out of his time in SF that the UFC would have even taken a second look at resigning him. So why did they build up Fedor in this video for Werdum and then call Fedor's career a myth? Because without the Fedor win, what is there to promote Werdum with? A win over Bigfoot who hadn't fought Fedor yet?[/quote']

He didn't "choose to go to Strikeforce". He had 4 more fights on his contract with the UFC upon being released. I've met Fabricio and he said a few weeks after UFC 90 he was released from the promotion. They offered to re-negotiate his contract but the pay they were offering was "insulting". They forced him out of the UFC bro.

Archived