If Brock fought Mir again who wins?

DevoGunner

To be honest, I don't think Mir can beat Lesnar again or beat Carwin in a rematch.

Out of 498 seconds-Mir won like maximum 20seconds.

Even though Mir is the much better striker, but he was the much better striker at UFC 100 as well, didn't do him any good.

To be honest' date=' I don't think Mir can beat Lesnar again or beat Carwin in a rematch.

Out of 498 seconds-Mir won like maximum 20seconds.

Even though Mir is the much better striker, but he was the much better striker at UFC 100 as well, didn't do him any good.[/quote']

I don't know bro Lesnar's striking as seen of late has not gotten better Mir's definitely has. I think that this would be a good fight, and a very good one to judge just how much improvement Mir has made.

Funny how before the Overeem fight people were saying they didn't want Brock/Mir 3 because it would just be a repeat of their second fight but now that Overeem beat Lesnar they think Mir has a chance.

Mir's stand up isn't good enough to turtle Brock' date=' Mir gets his head pummeled in.[/quote']

No chance. If there is one thing Mir has in abundance its fight smarts. He will have learned from watching brocks beatdowns. Its a very mental game and up until UFC 100 i think even Mir thought that Brock couldnt be beat. That auro is gone now so if this were to happen again which i cant imagine i think Mir would have his number.

(Also add to the fact that if Brock were to comeback it would prob be after a year or more hiatus. What fighter has come back in prime fighting form after a long break?)

brock would smash him again mir cant handle big wrestlers with heavy hands

Where do you get your info?? some other cluless poster no doubt.

What big wrestlers with heavy hands ( the key here being the point that mir has faced multilple big wrestlers with heavy hands) has mir faced. I remember only 1 being shane carwin and the last time i checked the majority of the UFC roster cant handle his heavy hands so its not isolated to Mir and from what i remember from that bout is that even while rocked he still had wits to attemp, albeit a fruitless attempt, to go for a submission.

Your point really means nothing.

I think Lesnar.

Here is why: The first time they fought, Mir got mauled until he found that sub. The second fight, Brock had gotten smarter and stayed our of the sub attampts, and continued to batter Mir.

Yes, Mir's striking has gotten pretty decent. But Lesnars "Take a hit" ability raised to. He stood with Overeem (who knows why he didn't 100% commit to a takedown). He stood and traded with Overeem. He took a few shots, and never turtled. Sure, a power body kick ultimately put him away, but I don't see Mir doing such a thing.

I imagine if they fought again, they would strike most of the first round, until either a) Brock rocked Mir, or the much more likely B) Mir catches Brock.

In either case, I see lesnar getting that power double, laying till end of round one. And at start of round two, he just picks it up from there.

Archived