Lets predict how jones would match up with hw division today !!

RodrigoRua

The whole thing with Dana and Fertita not wanting Jones have a fight with a top 10 HW kinda made me wonder some things .. but thats not the point of my thread folks !!!

So, how to you think Jones would match up with some HWs like: Reem, JDS, Cain, Mir, Big Nog, Kongo, Werdum, etc ??

My thoughts:

JDS- He would get Koed kinda early in the fight. Yep he could beat JDS tho.

CAIN- If Cain uses his wrestling I think Cain gets a UD. If Cain stands Jones wins by TKO

REEM- If Jones stand with him ... no comments right ?

MIR- Jones would beat him easily IMHO

NELSON- No comments

WERDUM- Bad match up for Jones. Actually, I can see close my eyes and see Werdum getting Jones is a leg lock.

BIG NOG- If he manages to take Jones down I would go with Big Nog. If the fights stands then Jones by TKO

KONGO- Believe me or not ... Really bad match up for Jones actually however I see Jones winning by TKO

The whole thing with Dana and Fertita not wanting Jones have a fight with a top 10 HW kinda made me wonder some things .. but thats not the point of my thread folks !!!

So' date=' how to you think Jones would match up with some HWs like: Reem, JDS, Cain, Mir, Big Nog, Kongo, Werdum, etc ??

My thoughts:

CAIN- If Cain uses his wrestling I think Cain gets a UD. If Cain stands Jones wins by TKO

NELSON- No comments

WERDUM- Bad match up for Jones. Actually, I can see close my eyes and see Werdum getting Jones is a leg lock.

BIG NOG- If he manages to take Jones down I would go with Big Nog. If the fights stands then Jones by TKO

KONGO- Believe me or not ... Really bad match up for Jones actually however I see Jones winning by TKO[/quote']

JDS - Jones KOd

Cain - Jones KOd

Reem - Jones KOd

Mir - Jones subd

Nelson - Jones KOd

Werdum - Jones subd

Big Nog - Jones might be able to finish this one if he doesn't get subd EDIT : i change my mind ...Jones KOd

Kongo - Jones kod....

Im not hating on Jones' skills. The dude is crazy good at LHW....But when he moves to HW he's taking away a lot of his power and strength advantage. The reach advantage also goes down a lot.

He definitely not going to be able to take a lot of the HWs down unless he seriously bulks up. As someone who relies on his physical attributes i don't see him going far as a HW. Maybe top 10 but definitely not top 5.

If he bulks up and become a real HW, Overeem style then thats a different story. But if we're talking about right now its not gonna happen.

So' date=' how to you think Jones would match up with some HWs like: Reem, JDS, Cain, Mir, Big Nog, Kongo, Werdum, etc ??

My thoughts:

NELSON- No comments

KONGO- Believe me or not ... Really bad match up for Jones actually however I see Jones winning by TKO[/quote']

Jones could win any one of those fights. Once he dominates the LHW division he will realize he is a Heavyweight and put on weight correctly like Reem did. Jones will Definitely be a 2 division Champ.

Jones is so young his body hasnt even finished filling out yet so the weight strength argument wont be there if he correctly goes about it. The thing that makes him so scary is how far his skillsets have delveloped in the few short years he been training. He's gotten this much out of himself so far, wheres he gonna be in 3 years from now? If he hopped in there today and fought the fighters you listed he might have some problems but give him some time to go about it correctly and he will be right in the mix with the top 3.

JDS - Jones KOd

Cain - Jones KOd

Reem - Jones KOd

Mir - Jones subd

Nelson - Jones KOd

Werdum - Jones subd

Big Nog - Jones might be able to finish this one if he doesn't get subd EDIT : i change my mind ...Jones KOd

Kongo - Jones kod....

Im not hating on Jones' skills. The dude is crazy good at LHW....But when he moves to HW he's taking away a lot of his power and strength advantage. The reach advantage also goes down a lot.

He definitely not going to be able to take a lot of the HWs down unless he seriously bulks up. As someone who relies on his physical attributes i don't see him going far as a HW. Maybe top 10 but definitely not top 5.

If he bulks up and become a real HW' date=' Overeem style then thats a different story. But if we're talking about right now its not gonna happen.[/quote']

Sooooo .. do you really think Jones would fight at HW division on 205 pounds ? Of course he would have to bulk up man !!! Wow

JDS- JDS punches his head into the front row near the end of the first round

CAIN- Jones is taken down and TKO'ed in the 2nd round

REEM- Knees his face in. First death in the UFC.

MIR- He might have a chance in this one but if Mir taps that chin or it hits the ground Jon is toast.

NELSON- Roy Struves him

WERDUM- Werdum via armbar

BIG NOG- Could win a UD maybe but more likely Nog KO's him at some point.

KONGO- KO's Jones

PAT BARRY- Leg kick snaps Jones twig leg.

MARK HUNT - pretty much this...

9fwkxx.gif

JDS- JDS punches his head into the front row near the end of the first round

CAIN- Jones is taken down and TKO'ed in the 2nd round

REEM- Knees his face in. First death in the UFC.

MIR- He might have a chance in this one but if Mir taps that chin or it hits the ground Jon is toast.

NELSON- Roy Struves him

WERDUM- Werdum via armbar

BIG NOG- Could win a UD maybe but more likely Nog KO's him at some point.

KONGO- KO's Jones

PAT BARRY- Leg kick snaps Jones twig leg.

MARK HUNT - pretty much this...

9fwkxx.gif

Lol

Jones would beat everyone that he can outmuscle and/or outrun. Unless he bulks up like Overeem over night he's not going to clear the HW division. He could definately compete, but I see trouble for him verses most any of the larger heavyweights. Physical dominance has been a crucial aspect of his success at LHW. He would lose that edge in many cases at HW. I think it would make him a better fighter though becasue he'd be forced to focus on technique and skill moreso. Kind of like everyone else.

Archived