To Those That Think Jones Would Get Destroyed at HW

Hammer_Down

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't you guys remember when Brandon Vera was doing well at heavyweight? He was knocking people out and submitting them. Sure heavyweights are a lot better now than they were back then. A LOT better. However' date=' I assure you Jon Jones is also A LOT better than Brandon Vera.[/quote']

Wait wut?

Cause Vera did ok when the div sucked, Jon will do better now cause the duv is good??

good point but I think the guys are too much bigger now. and they have some serious power now. we're not talking about skinny mir, Assuerio Silva, Justin Eilers (who the **** is this...), Tim Sylvia (who he lost too...lol what a joke).

I bet Jon Jones could top those guys now but anyone bigger than the skinny, out of shape, just got back from rehab from moto accident frank mir would hold him down and punish him or knock him out on the feet.

I'm just saying that if Randy and Vera could have success at HW' date=' Jones can. Its ridiculous to think Jones would get manhandled. Its okay to think he wont be champ, but how can you realistically say he doesn't have a chance in the weight class.[/quote']

but there is a reason the two guys dropped down to lhw and that's because they realized that they couldn't handle the heat. sure Jones has a pretty good chance at beating the low-mid tier guys but to say he can beat the top tier is ridiculous.

Jones vs Overeem - Jones loses

Jones vs JDS - Jones loses

Jones vs Cain - Jones loses

Jones vs Carwin - Jones loses

Jones vs Brock - Jones loses

Jones vs Mir - Jones loses

Jones vs Meathead - Jones can win

Jones vs big country - jones can win

Jones vs kong - maybe

I'm just saying that if Randy and Vera could have success at HW' date=' Jones can. Its ridiculous to think Jones would get manhandled. Its okay to think he wont be champ, but how can you realistically say he doesn't have a chance in the weight class.[/quote']

Cause he doesn't

Yeah' date=' I'd actually favour Jones in that fight if keep on the feet which I think he would do easily[/quote']

That's probably true but It's hard to say how Jones would fair as a HW. I'm pretty sure that Jones @ 255 could hang with the bigger guys and avoid being taken down by a strong BJJ guy like Werdum.. We won't know til he makes that transition.

Jones would make it at HW so long as JDS beats Overeem.

I think he could make it against the "lighter" heavyweights and the "fatter" heavy weights but overeem is a skilled striker and is pretty lean so i wouldn't rate his chances against him. (unless he can pack on some serious muscle).

I don't get it, both are a bad match up for him in my opinion. Both are hard to take down and are good strikers.

I don't get it' date=' both are a bad match up for him in my opinion. Both are hard to take down and are good strikers.[/quote']

I just rate him against JDS coz his limbs go for miles. 7.5" reach advantage is huge so all he has to do is jab all fight. JDS no matter how good his hands are will be looking for the ground game and bones' TD defense is epic so it's likely to go to ground on bones' terms. Form there I'd say its a balanced fight. but only when it gets there.

Striking with overeem IMO is pretty even, so its to a punchers chance or who has the better ground game. Overeem's strength and shear size should be enough to overcome the skill gap on the ground

Just my logic if I was gunna be putting money on a match. Mind you he should stay at LHW will naturally move weight class as he ages but thats not gunna be for years.

I just rate him against JDS coz his limbs go for miles. 7.5" reach advantage is huge so all he has to do is jab all fight. JDS no matter how good his hands are will be looking for the ground game and bones' TD defense is epic so it's likely to go to ground on bones' terms. Form there I'd say its a balanced fight. but only when it gets there.

Striking with overeem IMO is pretty even' date=' so its to a punchers chance or who has the better ground game. Overeem's strength and shear size should be enough to overcome the skill gap on the ground

Just my logic if I was gunna be putting money on a match. Mind you he should stay at LHW will naturally move weight class as he ages but thats not gunna be for years.[/quote']

So Jones has superior striking than JDS and is even with Overeem...good God now I have heard it all.

Striking with overeem IMO is pretty even' date=' so its to a punchers chance or who has the better ground game. Overeem's strength and shear size should be enough to overcome the skill gap on the ground

Just my logic if I was gunna be putting money on a match. Mind you he should stay at LHW will naturally move weight class as he ages but thats not gunna be for years.[/quote']

Nah, it wouldn't be JDS shooting for the take down in a fight with Jones.

So Jones has superior striking than JDS and is even with Overeem...good God now I have heard it all.

solely based on reach. sure if JDS could grow some longer arms and use his legs then we got a game. overeem has got longer arms and is a kick boxer hence an evenly matched striker.

off topic but IMO overeem is the next title holder

Nah' date=' it wouldn't be JDS shooting for the take down in a fight with Jones.[/quote']

edit: didn't read properly - thats what I said didn't I. JDS wanting to take it to the ground...bones stuffing his takedown - my bad

jones' hands and feet spook a lot of top tier strikers...that just the way I think JDS has a solid chance

solely based on reach. sure if JDS could grow some longer arms and use his legs then we got a game. overeem has got longer arms and is a kick boxer hence an evenly matched striker.

off topic but IMO overeem is the next title holder

You are delusional.

JDS and Overeem are both far superior strikers than Jones. So are Lyoto Machida and Shogun.

The difference at HW is that JDS and Reem don't have a 12" reach disadvantage. It's like 3" and both are as tall or taller and have thicker body frames and are way stronger than Jones and Jones isn't going to muscle around or KO anybody at HW.

If Machida was his exact same skill set, but had an 84" reach, he would be 20-0 right now guaranteed.

but there is a reason the two guys dropped down to lhw and that's because they realized that they couldn't handle the heat. sure Jones has a pretty good chance at beating the low-mid tier guys but to say he can beat the top tier is ridiculous.

Jones vs Overeem - Jones loses

Jones vs JDS - Jones loses

Jones vs Cain - Jones loses

Jones vs Carwin - Jones loses

Jones vs Brock - Jones loses

Jones vs Mir - Jones loses

Jones vs Meathead - Jones can win

Jones vs big country - jones can win

Jones vs kong - maybe

Jones would lose to Overeem, JDS and possibly Carwin(if he doesn't gas), vs. Mir and Cain are toss-ups, he would make Brock Lesnar turtle up as well.

Jones would lose to Overeem' date=' JDS and possibly Carwin(if he doesn't gas), vs. Mir and Cain are toss-ups, he would make Brock Lesnar turtle up as well.[/quote']

Lesnar would plow through Jones and TKO him. End of story.

Mir would make him tap or even TKO him.

Jones can't clinch at HW and win. He would get muscled every time.

Carwin wouldn't gas. He had a decent tank against JDS. He proved the Lesnar fight gassing was a fluke incident. Jones can't handle Carwin's power whether it's striking, clinch or ground work.

jones walks at 230ish' date=' if he trained for size for 6 months and didn't have to do a big cut for the fight he has good odds. don't get me wrong JDS is an amazing boxer, quick as, has good movement and would make pro boxers piss but in MMA boxing is only half of striking and striking is only 1 element.[/quote']

With your 11 posts, I can tell you have no idea what you are talking about.

jones walks at 230ish' date=' if he trained for size for 6 months and didn't have to do a big cut for the fight he has good odds. don't get me wrong JDS is an amazing boxer, quick as, has good movement and would make pro boxers piss but in MMA boxing is only half of striking and striking is only 1 element.[/quote']

JDS has good kicks too. He threw leg and head kicks against Carwin. He just doesn't use them often because he's too busy KO'ng people with his hands.

And if you think JDS is vulnerable on the ground then you are retarded.

Striking with overeem IMO is pretty even' date=' [/b']so its to a punchers chance or who has the better ground game. Overeem's strength and shear size should be enough to overcome the skill gap on the ground

Just my logic if I was gunna be putting money on a match. Mind you he should stay at LHW will naturally move weight class as he ages but thats not gunna be for years.

Seriously...can't....stop.....laughing!!! :D

do you even know what ignorant means?

your original comment would be valid if JDS had good kicks and used them. He obviously uses his hand to KO chumps coz he is confident with his hands and doubts his kicks himself

back in ya box

How in the hell do you know whether JDS is confident with his kicks?

You are talking out of your azz.

And, yes, of course I know what ignorant means (a lack of knowledge and awareness), that's why I called you it being like a small child ( children lack knowledge and awareness). Because clearly you have no clue wtf you are talking about.

This goes one of two ways:

1) You are trolling, and need to grow the fvkk up.

Or

2) You actually believe what you are saying and you are a complete fvkktard moron.

Which is it?

Archived