Could/Should Flyweights Headline FOX 3?

rodrodMMA92

The 4 man tourney is supposed to start on the FX card in March.

UFC on FOX 3 is scheduled in early May which is probably too soon for the winners to face each other.

However if whoever the winners are for the "semis" are healthy enough and willing to fight for a title that soon should or could they be a good main event for the FOX event?

UFC on FOX 3 is scheduled in early May which is probably too soon for the winners to face each other.

However if whoever the winners are for the "semis" are healthy enough and willing to fight for a title that soon should or could they be a good main event for the FOX event?

I think they should do it but not as a main event. have a separate main event with good fighters and have them as the rest of the card on Fox....This way people get to see a division rise right from the start.

I think they should do it but not as a main event. have a separate main event with good fighters and have them as the rest of the card on Fox....This way people get to see a division rise right from the start.

I placed it in the main event slot since it is a title fight and could end up being the best fight on the card. (but Diaz vs Miller will probably take it)

I just think since it is a title fight it would be a sort of main event and then just stack the rest of the card like some of the other events they've done.

I placed it in the main event slot since it is a title fight and could end up being the best fight on the card. (but Diaz vs Miller will probably take it)

I just think since it is a title fight it would be a sort of main event and then just stack the rest of the card like some of the other events they've done.

actually dana already said Miller Diaz will not be the main event.

I would say yes but I'm fairly educated in mma I like to think' date=' realistically a fight with a big name such as hendo or shogun etc would be a better overall choice for the more general audience[/quote']

That makes sense also.

At a pure MMA fight level it is Main Event worthy.

At a fighter popularity level. It won't be.

It could do as a main event. Let's face it the new people watching on Fox have no idea who anybody is. Rashad was the only well know guy on the card last Saturday. Faber vs Cruz if TUF is over by that time.

Promote the lower classes. Mr. Faber is probably in the top 5 most well known list.

Faber vs Cruz

Flyweight vs Flyweight

Diaz vs Miller

All these fighters come cheap. Plus neither of these Title fights would do over 500 K PPV.

NO!

Having child-sized men fighting on the 3rd card of the biggest mma tv deal ever would be a disaster... Normal people will think it is children or dwarfs fighting, which would cause the sport to be banned forever! A better plan would be to scrap flyweight before any damage is done

Too bad its gonna be Benavidez vs McCall for the title.

Agreed, but it doesn't matter who Benavidez fights, he will be champion without a doubt.

I don't think they should headline a card because there isn't enough interest in the Flyweight division. A lot of people (including myself) believe that adding the Flyweight division is weakening an already weak BW division. Therefore I cannot get excited about it. I mean Benavidez is one of my favourite fighters, but I'm not excited for this division.

Archived