Thiago Silva vs. Brandon Vera rematch set for May 15

mmafan001

I watched the first one the other day' date=' Vera was beating him on the feet pretty easily until he got taken down and then dominated.

I gotta say Thiago cos he's epic but then again if it goes down like last time on the feet?[/quote']

do you have a link (good quality ) for that fight ? i searched it but didnt find it..

I watched the first one the other day' date=' Vera was beating him on the feet pretty easily until he got taken down and then dominated.

I gotta say Thiago cos he's epic but then again if it goes down like last time on the feet?[/quote']

Lmao he dropped Silva with 1 kick and was too much of a ***** to rush in and try to finish the fight, Silva walked through everything else. :rolleyes:

Lmao he dropped Silva with 1 kick and was too much of a ***** to rush in and try to finish the fight' date=' Silva walked through everything else. :rolleyes:[/quote']

Just because he walked through everything else doesn't mean he was being beaten I can't stand Vera and Silva is one of my favourite fighters but that doesn't hide the truth (excuse the pun)

I don't like that match up at all for a few reasons.First of all ,i see this as a setup by the UFC,for whatever reason i haven't figured it out yet.

I feel Thiago has the power and striking to be one of the very few contenders to Jones,but his cardio is awful.Vera on the other hand is way too small for this division,there are 170 guys that look bigger.However the one thing Vera has going for him is decent cardio,that with his decent quickness will make the Thiago fight an easy one for him.

The reason i don't liek the match up is obvious,i do not consider Vera much of a threat to any of the top 8 or so,but the one guy he can beat is Thiago on cardio alone.

I don't like that match up at all for a few reasons.First of all ' date='i see this as a setup by the UFC,for whatever reason i haven't figured it out yet.

I feel Thiago has the power and striking to be one of the very few contenders to Jones,but his cardio is awful.Vera on the other hand is way too small for this division,there are 170 guys that look bigger.However the one thing Vera has going for him is decent cardio,that with his decent quickness will make the Thiago fight an easy one for him.

The reason i don't liek the match up is obvious,i do not consider Vera much of a threat to any of the top 8 or so,but [b']the one guy he can beat is Thiago on cardio alone[/b].

Thiago-Silva-Brendan-Vera-444-UFC-125.jpg

I don't like that match up at all for a few reasons.First of all ' date='i see this as a setup by the UFC,for whatever reason i haven't figured it out yet.

I feel Thiago has the power and striking to be one of the very few contenders to Jones,but his cardio is awful.Vera on the other hand is way too small for this division,there are 170 guys that look bigger.[b']However the one thing Vera has going for him is decent cardio,that with his decent quickness will make the Thiago fight an easy one for him[/b].

The reason i don't liek the match up is obvious,i do not consider Vera much of a threat to any of the top 8 or so,but the one guy he can beat is Thiago on cardio alone.

Not when he's laid out on his back in the first round! :D

since when does thiago have crap cardio? He was injured when he took the Rashad fight. He literally saved that card. I remember the card was plagued with injuries' date=' and there were talks that the ufc gave Thiago a large incentive to not pull out.[/quote']

Exactly he even rocked Rashad when he got tired so he's still dangerous however i think Thaigo takes him out 1st or second round latest so cardio wont play a part imo.

Elliot marshall dropped Vera and should have won against him in his last bout. He will have nothing on Thiago. I dont rate Thiago as a real top 10 fighter but he is solid and pretty dangerous to anyone he faces. But Vera is much much worse for him. I expect the fight to go down the same as before with only difference that Thiago will probably finish him now.

Thiago tested positive for some banned pain killers. Are those considered performance enhancing drugs?

They released what he tested positive for? I figured it was steroids, but a quartezone(excuse the spelling) shot seems like something a doctor would adminster for his situation.

I think of it this way....

Thiago is ticked off he's been off for so long... ticked off at Brandon Vera talking smack.. and ticked off he has to fight Vera again...

Going to be a long night for Vera... :D But lucky for Vera he will get all the hospital staff and reconstructive nose doctors he will ever need. :P

Silva by decapitation in the first. Cant believe people still think this is the same Vera that beat a severely rusty Frank Mir. In fact, i'd rather see that rematch so i could see Mir take home another limb as a trophy

Archived