UFC on Fox rankings???

JonesyUK

Did anyone else wonder about the MW and LHW top ten ranking that were shown during the Fox broadcast? I was wondering whose rankings these were, because with Fox and UFC working closely on all aspects of the show/broadcast, you would have to think that UFC supplied/advised on the rankings shown?

These were the rankings shown:

MIDDLEWEIGHT

1.) Anderson Silva

2.) Chael Sonnen

3.) Yushin Okami

4.) Mark Munoz

5.) Michael Bisping

6.) Demian Maia

7.) Brian Stann

8.) Vitor Belfort

9.) Rousimar Palhares

10.) Chris Weidman

LIGHT HW

1.) Jon Jones

2.) Rashad Evans

3.) Dan Henderson

4.) Shogun Rua

5.) Rampage Jackson

6.) Lyoto Machida

7.) Phil Davis

8.) Little Nog

9.) Alexander Gustafsson

10.) Forrest Griffin

I have got to say that I dont think I agree with Stann being ranked above Belfort at MW, but other than that I would not disagree with much else they have here

Rashad's ranked too high. He's only beaten Rampage and forrest on that list (and now Davis) none who warrant no.2 (maybe the rampage win did two years ago but not now).

Hendo should be no.2, followed by Shogun, Rampage, Machida, then Rashad. He's been too inactive to still hold his no.2 rank.

Thiago silva will break into the top 10 quickly. He should easily make no.7, and any fight onwards will be awesome.

My middleweight ranks right now are

Anderson

Vitor

Chael

Bisping

the rest.

They used to be

Anderson

Vitor

Bisping

Chael...

but Chael proved that he's one of the best by laying on Bisping to a close decision.

Rashad's ranked too high. He's only beaten Rampage and forrest on that list (and now Davis) none who warrant no.2 (maybe the rampage win did two years ago but not now).

Hendo should be no.2' date=' followed by Shogun, Rampage, Machida, then Rashad. He's been too inactive to still hold his no.2 rank.

Thiago silva will break into the top 10 quickly. He should easily make no.7, and any fight onwards will be awesome.

My middleweight ranks right now are

Anderson

Vitor

Chael

Bisping

the rest.

They used to be

Anderson

Vitor

Bisping

Chael...

but Chael proved that he's one of the best by laying on Bisping to a close decision.[/quote']

Rashad was the champ and since losing it to Machida (his only loss) he has gone through Thiago Silva, Rampage, Tito and Davis. Not only is he deserving, but he is going to beat JBJ.

Blee Dat :D

WTF yushin okami at 3.

Looks like a "pull the name out of the hat" rankings.

I was a bit unsure about that too on first look, but then when i thought about it he was the last no1 contender, he beat both Marquardt and Munoz last year, is 10-3 in the UFC which is pretty impressive, his only losses have come against champs or no1 contenders - Anderson, Sonnen, Franklin.

Makes it hard to rank anyone else above him tbh

I was a bit unsure about that too on first look' date=' but then when i thought about it he was the last no1 contender, he beat both Marquardt and Munoz last year, is 10-3 in the UFC which is pretty impressive, his only losses have come against champs or no1 contenders - Anderson, Sonnen, Franklin.

Makes it hard to rank anyone else above him tbh[/quote']

A loss against Boetsch should dislodge him though ;)

I have got Boetsch beating him

Did anyone else wonder about the MW and LHW top ten ranking that were shown during the Fox broadcast? I was wondering whose rankings these were' date=' because with Fox and UFC working closely on all aspects of the show/broadcast, you would have to think that UFC supplied/advised on the rankings shown?

These were the rankings shown:

[b']MIDDLEWEIGHT[/b]

1.) Anderson Silva

2.) Chael Sonnen

3.) Yushin Okami

4.) Mark Munoz

5.) Michael Bisping

6.) Demian Maia

7.) Brian Stann

8.) Vitor Belfort

9.) Rousimar Palhares

10.) Chris Weidman

LIGHT HW

1.) Jon Jones

2.) Rashad Evans

3.) Dan Henderson

4.) Shogun Rua

5.) Rampage Jackson

6.) Lyoto Machida

7.) Phil Davis

8.) Little Nog

9.) Alexander Gustafsson

10.) Forrest Griffin

I have got to say that I dont think I agree with Stann being ranked above Belfort at MW, but other than that I would not disagree with much else they have here

this would be my rankings now

1.) Anderson Silva

2.) Chael Sonnen

3.) Mark Munoz

4.) Vitor Belfort

5.) Yushin Okami

6.) Michael Bisping

7.) Brian Stann

8.) Chris Weidman

9.) Rousimar Palhares

10.) Wanderlei Silva

1.) Jon Jones