Just watch jones vs machida and realize how big jones is for a lhw !!!!

RodrigoRua

You might read the title of this thread and think: "Wow, this guy never pai attention on it?" or "Did he watch Jones vs Machida ?"

Most of the times (specially the big events) Im watching UFC in a pub, drinking so the size of some guys are kinda of deceiving to me and/or I really dont pay attention on it, either because my friends and my girl is talking, etc ... LOL

For family reasons, I didnt watch Jones vs Machida, actually I didnt watch UFC 140 in fact. After finding some youtube videos with parts of the fight, such as Machida being put to sleep, I also found, for the first time, the round 1 of that fight (horrible quality tho) and I came with THE CONCLUSION THAT JONES SIZE IS NOT A BS FROM HATERS:

1. JONES REACH: There was a moment (round 1) when Machida charged at Jones to basically try to finish him and the only thing Jones had to do to stop Machida progress was, literally, EXTEND HIS LEFT ARM FORWARD and that was just enough to neutralize Machida because of such looong reach difference.

2. MACHIDAS SIZE: We all know Machida isnt a small guy. Before Jones came up on the picture, Machida, Shogun, Rampage, Evans, etc were kinda "big guys" right ?? Loooking at Jones fighting Machida I was like "Wow, Machida look so small" ... It was almost like too clear and obvous that Jones had a size advantage and belongs to HW division.

Anyways, I know it isnt the most interesting posting but after watchi g this video I just realize that Jones size really have played a very important role on his legacy at LHW so far and that makes me believe Evans is the only guy who knows how to "play with it" due to past trainning together with Jones ...

Yeah Big Roy is cheating too. Have you seen that gut? His jitz would not be nearly as tight. What about his head, it's nearly Tito bobble head size. He clearly wouldn't be able to take JDS punches without that and those ham hocks he calls forearms.

Palhares is certainly cheating. His build is perfect for ripping peoples legs apart. He shouldn't even be allowed to train jitz.

Machida is obviously cheating too. He's half brazilian and half japanese. He's got fighting genetics and was training since he was a kid. Not fair

Rampage once walked around at 250. He's cheating too, no LHW should have strength like him for TDD and punching power.

Nick Diaz have you seen how skinny and lanky this kid is. How dare he be a cardio athlete with boxing and jitz. It's not fair.

Bisping how on earth does someone from britain shutdown an american wrestler who's been wrestling all his life... Cheating that's how.

Stephan Struve....ok he sucks, so it's not really relevant.

Yeah Big Roy is cheating too. Have you seen that gut? His jitz would not be nearly as tight. What about his head' date=' it's nearly Tito bobble head size. He clearly wouldn't be able to take JDS punches without that and those ham hocks he calls forearms.

[b']Palhares is certainly cheating. His build is perfect for ripping peoples legs apart. He shouldn't even be allowed to train jitz[/b].

Machida is obviously cheating too. He's half brazilian and half japanese. He's got fighting genetics and was training since he was a kid. Not fair

Rampage once walked around at 250. He's cheating too, no LHW should have strength like him for TDD and punching power.

Nick Diaz have you seen how skinny and lanky this kid is. How dare he be a cardio athlete with boxing and jitz. It's not fair.

Bisping how on earth does someone from britain shutdown an american wrestler who's been wrestling all his life... Cheating that's how.

Stephan Struve....ok he sucks, so it's not really relevant.

did you see what he did to the guy that wouldn't tap?

Yeah Big Roy is cheating too. Have you seen that gut? His jitz would not be nearly as tight. What about his head' date=' it's nearly Tito bobble head size. He clearly wouldn't be able to take JDS punches without that and those ham hocks he calls forearms.

Palhares is certainly cheating. His build is perfect for ripping peoples legs apart. He shouldn't even be allowed to train jitz.

Stephan Struve....ok he sucks, so it's not really relevant.[/quote']

i knew my cue would bring them ;)

It's kinda Machida's fault, too, cuz he had him rocked and he charged in instead of going right for the crane kick. He was in range for it to connect, but he wasn't sharp enough to jump on the opportunity.

I agree, though, all Jones has to do is put his hand in his opponent's face and threaten to poke them in the eye to get away from harm's way. He's clever in the sense that he has found a way to capitalize on every conceivable lever that has been made available to him from his freak physical stature, but he's much more of a gifted specimen than a technical fighter or fearless warrior.

So jones is cheating because he has the most effective body type at LHW? Ridiculous.

By that logic usain bolt is a cheater because his legs are longer than everyone elses.:rolleyes:

MMA is still a young sport so fighters are evolving body wise as well as skill wise. Jones is a product of natural selection MMA style.

Actually, Machida, Rua, and Evans are small light heavyweights. I have no doubt in my mind that they could possibly even fight at MW.

Fighters like Griffin, Rampage, T. Silva, Bonnar, etc. are all big light heavyweights. They cut massive amount of weight to make the cut.

And being able to cut weight is just another part of the sport. If someone can do it better, is that cheating?

Archived