the good rap thread

Big_Roy_Fan

immortal technique is an insane rapper' date=' he would be mainstream but no one wants to sign him because of the way he talks about the government.[/quote']

Word, he's up there with some of my favorites that will never get signed.

K-Rino, Ras Kass, Vinnie Paz, Vakill Creed - most people can't stomach them.

Tech N9ne- This Ring

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYwo7eiiE0E

Brotha Lynch Hung- Season of Da Siccness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ8q7v305kM

Bizzy Bone- Murda Me

Too $hort- Im A Player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0--3evyMZg&feature=fvst

Ant Banks- It Aint No Thang

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-hDSWce38s&feature=related

**** that's awesome...just gotta meet Tech :cool:

Tech n Lynch didn't even come out and do a greet with fans like everyone else. Im sure he is crazy busy and prolly pulls mad *****es every concert but it would have been cool if he came out.

The weird thing about Strange is they do a MeetNGreet for fans if u buy VIP tix which cost like 100. If you don't do the greet you dont meet Tech or Lynch cuz he is a legit weirdo.

immortal technique is an insane rapper' date=' [b']he would be mainstream but no one wants to sign him[/b] because of the way he talks about the government.

Wrong... he's had countless offers from several major labels but he chooses to stay underground. His take on it is that he can not only make just as much if not more money but he also still has control over his material... he also OWNS his material. One record exec told him he was going to need to take one of his songs off the record and also Mumia Abu-Jamal off a track. You give a label 20 to 25 songs and they pick 12 to 15 of those to go on the record. You proceed to make about 13 to 17 cents per record sold and you do not own the rights to your own music.

Much like he said in one song on revolutionary vol. 2 I believe is "40,000 records sold 400 grand"

He says they would take the the creative control away and that a record label is like a loan with horrible interest rates and you don't even get you keep your property. He doesn't like how they will try to create a marketing image around artists.

He will never change and he wouldn't go mainstream for any amount of money.

Wrong... he's had countless offers from several major labels but he chooses to stay underground. His take on it is that he can not only make just as much if not more money but he also still has control over his material... he also OWNS his material. One record exec told him he was going to need to take one of his songs off the record and also Mumia Abu-Jamal off a track. You give a label 20 to 25 songs and they pick 12 to 15 of those to go on the record. You proceed to make about 13 to 17 cents per record sold and you do not own the rights to your own music.

Much like he said in one song on revolutionary vol. 2 I believe is "40' date='000 records sold 400 grand"

He says they would take the the creative control away and that a record label is like a loan with horrible interest rates and you don't even get you keep your property. He doesn't like how they will try to create a marketing image around artists.

He will never change and he wouldn't go mainstream for any amount of money.[/quote']

I had the honour of Meeting the angry man when he played here a few weeks ago. He was sick as a dog from a 20 hour flight from nyc to australia, and played the night before, hilight was when he spoke about losing his voice "the f***ig tour manager, told me to go easy, tonight, in Adelaide, and Tomorrow night in Perth, and save my f**king voice for the big show in Sydney. Can you believe that sh**?? I looked that f***ng ****roach in his beady f***ng eye and said F**** DAT SH** N**GA!!!"

Archived