CainCarwinFights: Rory MacDonald vs Erick Silva

CainCarwin

Silva is a scary up n comer because he has tremendous speed/quickness.I didn't think anyone could vault up the rankings that fast but this kid is definitely scary for anyone.There is one factor however that we need to see and that is how well he handles a good wrestler.Personally i thin k he has such good quickness he is going to be a handful for anyone to even wrestle.

That is why GSP is so hard to beat because he has the quickness and cardio and this Silva kid also has it.Silva also has something else,he is a very big kid for this division as he has dropped down a division and didn't seem to have any ill effects from the drop.

Opinion??Hate to say it ,but i think Silva may perhaps win but i would like to him fight once more to see how he handles a better fighter.

• 2 weeks later...

Sick match-up for sure, really hard to decide for me. I would prolly go with Rory just because we have seen more of him and seen what he is capable of. But at the same time we have only seen a little of Erick and there are still many questions about him, we know he is a very and dangerous opponent and can take you out very quickly. I think Rory might be able to take him down and control him but we haven't see how good Erick's takedown defense or ground game is at a high level. I have seen video's of his other fights and he definitely has a good ground game but were not sure how well it will work against high level fighters.

As a fan of both fighters I would actually really like to see this fight. I think it's a great match-up and I think it could go either way.

After watching some of E.Silva's other fights he seemed to gas and lose a lot of that speed. If Rory took him into the later rounds he might be and to get the TKO.

If Silva can catch Rory early it's all his.

But, it's hard to say how Silva will handle Rory's wrestling.

I think Rory is ahead because he had more figths in ufc, but Im brazilian and I have been watching Silva for awhile and I have to say his stand up game is awesome like his ground game, and I don't think that any welter can take him to the ground but Im pretty sure that he can take some of them.

Here Im Brazil people always say that he fights like Anderson Silva and thats true he fights like him, when he is standing, you didnt see it becuse he didnt show that yet but I think he will.

You know there is the usual fighters and the different fighters, Silva is not an usual fighter at all, I said it before in a post,I said it about Barboza,Bar?o,Marajo and Silva.

Im sure they will fight for the title some day.

• 3 weeks later...

i'm going with Silva. i think it'll be a close hard standup fight in the first round, but the second i see Silva forcing Macdonald to the fence in the clinch, taking him down and forcing a stoppage/tko thru ground and pound. Silva is for real

Haven't seen enough tape on Erick, but if Rory made the fight a war, I'd put the house on him as I have no clue how Erick would respond to a back and forth affair, which more times than not is the kryptonite of quick/first round finishers at the UFC WW level...

The Erick Silva hype is still blowing my mind.

Has he looked impressive? Yes' date=' very.

Has he beaten ANYBODY worth mentioning? NO.

Let's wait and see how he fares against top competition before we start trying to match him up with the proven elite.[/quote']

It's the way he's been dispatching people that warrants the hype.

You must be slow or trolling if you don't understand.. Tons of 20 year olds in MMA. Not so many in the UFC.

20 year olds? neither of them are 20. I write proper English, and get confused when I read writings that are the equivalent of what a 7 year old produces. sorry.

I are slow yes?

(some people's kids)

Erick Silva is the next best thing, hes like an Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo undiscovered in fact Erick Silva's debut in the UFC was far more impressive then either Jose or Anderson.

They may as well hand him the title, and save the embarrassment towards the other guys in WW.

Erick Silva is the next best thing' date=' hes like an Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo undiscovered in fact Erick Silva's debut in the UFC was far more impressive then either Jose or Anderson.

They may as well hand him the title, and save the embarrassment towards the other guys in WW.[/quote']

Actually, I think it maybe impossible to top Anderson's UFC debut. It was under 1 minute just like Erick's except Silva humiliated Leben who's a bigger named fighter than Erick's debut opponent.

Actually' date=' I think it maybe impossible to top Anderson's UFC debut. It was under 1 minute just like Erick's except Silva humiliated Leben who's a bigger named fighter than Erick's debut opponent.[/quote']

Well the Shooto Champ dude was no joke either, Im willing to bet he was way more skilled then Leben was at the time, and probably still is but Leben def has the bigger name, UFC will hype whoever and make people believe things they wouldnt but from what I've seen so far from Erick I think he's a legit contender, and future champ.

• 1 month later...

rory macdonald, via being proven against top guys like condit diaz and pyle, silva is overrated at this point being that he only beat a no name and a lightweight, which actually was a dq. they were impressive, but if silva can beat brenneman and then a guy like the winner of maia/kim, then we start giving him hype. as for right now, rory throws him around and gets the tko.

Erick Silva is the next best thing' date=' hes like an Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo undiscovered in fact Erick Silva's debut in the UFC was far more impressive then either Jose or Anderson.

They may as well hand him the title, and save the embarrassment towards the other guys in WW.[/quote']

^Woah I think this is too strong, imo Anderson has had the most impressive ufc intro fight ever, Leben was a big name, fan favorite, on a big win streak and close to challeneging for a title and A. Silva destroyed him, I mean embarassed him. I wanna see Erick fight more tho, ufc get crackin.

It only took me one fight and usually iu am not sold on one fight but Eric Silva is the real deal.Sure he has an advantage being a 185 lb fighter dropping down to 170 but he is here and very dangerous.

IMO he holds the best chance of beating GSP and a realistic one at that and GSP is my fave fighter so i ma not just shooting bs.

To answer the question E,Silva would most likely overwhelm Rory very early and tko him but you never know ,Rory seems to keep a calm perspective in the ring and might be able to get a leg but Silva is not weak in BJJ either so no easy fight for Rory here.

I feel Eric .Silva destroys his next opponent and opens many eyes ,i just hope GSP can get at least 2 fights in before facing him he will need his best conditioning.

• 1 month later...
What I meant by that is' date=' he wouldn't even beat Mike Pyle in a fight, let alone stand a chance with MacDonald.

I'm not entirely sure why I used Pyle as an example. Maybe because he was MacDonald's last win at the time.[/quote']

u got owned by fumble haha.

Honestly' date=' I could see Silva winning this anywhere based on his performances and record.[/quote']

honestly, i think E. Silva should be fighting McDonald because bjpenn vs McDonald is a total mismatch because rory is a lot bigger and stronger, can shut down penn's jits with his wrestling gnp, and can manhandle him anywhere because rory is just greater in most aspects than penn. basically it's old prodigy vs stronger prodigy.

However, e.silva vs r. mcdonald is a fair fight, and this should be a good, evenly match fight.

Archived