Mark Hunt vs. Cheick Kongo

JBJF

So as you all probably know this fight is scheduled to take place at UFC 144 in Japan.

Lets examine Kongo's last couple of fights shall we...

Ever since he lost to Mir he has been fighting increasing less talented fighters.

First he fights Paul Buentello

then he fights Travis Browne

then he fights Pat Barry

then he fights Matt Mitrione

Now I don't know what you guys think but to me it looks like the further along he goes the worse opponents he is paired against. So who is next for Kongo after he fights and demolishes Mark hunt who is probably the least talented of all the previous 4 fights?Will the UFC bring back McSweeney for Kongo to kill him? Then who's next... Give Kongo a big test dang it.

you sir, are on the drugs. Mark hunt is going to mess him up. Don't let the guy's record fool you, he is a monster.

I mean i understand you probably saw the Rothwell fight, but that was an exception tot eh rule, not to mention he was obviously not prepared for the altitude.

you sir' date=' are on the drugs. Mark hunt is going to mess him up. Don't let the guy's record fool you, he is a monster.

I mean i understand you probably saw the Rothwell fight, but that was an exception tot eh rule, not to mention he was obviously not prepared for the altitude.[/quote']

yeah I saw that and I saw the Sean McCorkle fight.

To elaborate from what i said earlier Hunt took a head kick from Cro Cop when they were both in K-1' date=' and well...nothing the guy didn't even flinch. I mean I know Mirko is hardly the greatest of all time, but seriously, you want to talk about powerful head kicks.[/quote']

he flinched when he got drilled by Melvin Manhoef though lol.

To elaborate from what i said earlier Hunt took a head kick from Cro Cop when they were both in K-1' date=' and well...nothing the guy didn't even flinch. I mean I know Mirko is hardly the greatest of all time, but seriously, you want to talk about powerful head kicks.[/quote']

That was in Pride and it was like 3 kicks flush on the dome

So as you all probably know this fight is scheduled to take place at UFC 144 in Japan.

Lets examine Kongo's last couple of fights shall we...

Ever since he lost to Mir he has been fighting increasing less talented fighters.

First he fights Paul Buentello

then he fights Travis Browne

then he fights Pat Barry

then he fights Matt Mitrione

Now I don't know what you guys think but to me it looks like the further along he goes the worse opponents he is paired against. So who is next for Kongo after he fights and demolishes Mark hunt who is probably the least talented of all the previous 4 fights?Will the UFC bring back McSweeney for Kongo to kill him? Then who's next... Give Kongo a big test dang it.

wow, Hunt could out strike any of the listed fighters you put down. Barry may be a close fight though.

so it appears I think i may need to clarify my position on this fight...

I like Hunt and he always comes to party and I don't necessarily like kongo. I do however think Kongo will Hunt on the outside and will score a TD sooner or later and finish him off with a sub or gnp.

Just can't see Mark Hunt doing anything in this fight. Kongo's reach, his much higher skill level, his improving ground game... Mark's got nothing for him.

Honestly, I'm REALLY interested in him not fighting cans anymore. I want to see a rematch with Mir.

you sir' date=' are on the drugs. Mark hunt is going to mess him up. Don't let the guy's record fool you, he is a monster.

I mean i understand you probably saw the Rothwell fight, but that was an exception tot eh rule, not to mention he was obviously not prepared for the altitude.[/quote']

As much as I like Kongo

I have to go with Hunt' date=' Kongo can't stop Hunt in my opinion[/quote']

Shirley u cant be serious

mark hunt tired out against rothwell- kongo will destroy him

Archived