Diego Sanchez Vs Jake Ellenberger

AxeMurduh

Diego always makes it a fight, but Ellenberger is just more skilled everywhere. I CAN, however, see Jake gassing late in the fight.

The fight will be really one sided in the first couple rounds for Jake, then he'll less clearly, but still win round 3, he will likely barely lose round 4 and 5 cuz Diego beats him to the punch.

Jake will win, but he will not finish Sanchez. Sanchez is just tough to knock out or submit. Jake has the better striking and good enough wrestling to keep it standing.

Deigo's best shot at winning this is to tire Jake out and dominate him in the third.

If this were a five rounder I'd give it to Sanchez, but it is not.

Jake by UD.

Sanchez via UD. I think that the only advantages that Ellenberger has standing up are his power and explosiveness, but overall Sanchez has better stand-up. And I think that Ellenberger is going to be able to take Sanchez down but will have a tough time doing so and will probably land a few nice shots, but overall not be able to keep him down long. Sanchez will outwork him.

If Sanchez makes it out of round 1, his conditioning and tenacity could be too much for Jake to deal with. Definitely not his skills, because Sanchez is one of the most overrated fighters of all time, but he stays busy with his mediocre skills for a very long time. And that can be too much for most fighters. But..., I see Ellenberger catching him early, making Sanchez lethargic as ****, (think Sanchez/Penn). Sanchez being scared to do anything will only make his amateur skill level evident, leading to him being finished violently.

Archived