Let's Buy A Bar!

OzPride

Who's with me?? Surely between the members here being in various stages of life experience and financial status we should be able to get enough cash together to buy a bar, somewhere. Out here you need about $200K AU which you can get on a loan with about 16K savings and some assets, so Im guessing in the states with your rubbish economy and employment levels that the Aussies here could open a shared savings account, and put 5% of whatever their wage is fortnightly, and in about 5 and a half weeks should have enough cash to buy one of your dive bars over there.

Things to consider -

Location. Obviously it will need to be a state which has hot chicks. And access to UFC events within no less than a 500km (like 300 miles? Not sure, miles suck) radius.

Name. Now im pretty sure we can argue this all day long, but I think you'll all agree that 'The Hype Train' will be suitable. We can fill it with large glossy prints of train wrecks and only the best ktfo face photoshops available and other 'hype train' memorabilia.

I have opened a bank account with ANZ on an online saver under the name of UFC forum bar account, and opened it with 5% of this weeks wages. Since I'm 'in between' work at the moment, (no really, I start on friday) 5% of my wage (centre link payment) was $30

Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions? All welcome.

Oh - on Tuesday to Thursday from 12-4 it will be a topless bar, hopefully with all the blonde Vegas ****s the ufc camera love, and for wanna be ring girls.

Bruce Buffer will announce the opening and introduce all staff along with any regulars, and I'm considering somehow making it look like an octagon.

Discuss

I can actually make the bar' date=' as I am a qualified cabinetmaker. All we need is the building. You'll need someone else to hook up your kegs though. I got no clue how that works. But then again, one of my mates used to work in the hospitality industry, I'm sure he'll know a few guys who could cover that.[/quote']

I can do kegs, easy as! If we're going to build one from scratch im guessing the expenses may increase, but it would be better craftsmanship than the rubbish they use over there.. I've done my time in hospitality! @Chuteboxchamp - im pretty sure Barney and Ted gave up on puzzles, and it's not really an mma reference.

If we can build enough hype on this im sure we can get some attention... the UFC forum bar. If I was going to ufc on fx2 in Sydney I could have organized a practice run! Dam!

I'll support you guys by getting stupid wasted in your bar.

That's no problem mate, just be warned that former unsuccessful UFC fighters and some who are now retired will be rotating shifts as security... Mustapha Al-Turk has been contacted, he was given some change and a big piece of cardboard and a new marker so he can better succeed at being a homeless drifted until we open.

Dan Murgliotta has been contacted for head of security in the interim when UFC events aren't on.

That's no problem mate' date=' just be warned that former unsuccessful UFC fighters and some who are now retired will be rotating shifts as security... Mustapha Al-Turk has been contacted, he was given some change and a big piece of cardboard and a new marker so he can better succeed at being a homeless drifted until we open.

Dan Murgliotta has been contacted for head of security in the interim when UFC events aren't on.[/quote']

Still down. If I get Ko'd will you at least say I went down with a fight?

Oz Pride...

Mate how did I miss this thread...

Count me in.

I'd figured! There will be a booth just for bundy drinkers

You can serve paint and goon for all the... you know... dole bludgers. :P

2 stroke fuel & oj?

Did you get that from Scrubs??

Im pretty sure you got that from scrubs.

How I met your mother. Well I met a lot of strippers that night so I'm not 100% sure...

Oh and that quote is from How I Met Your mother.

Still down. If I get Ko'd will you at least say I went down with a fight?

Absolutely. I'll even say you went down in an unfair fight

Archived