Wait the Primetimes made people LIKE Diaz more?

Hammer_Down

All I heard from him the whole time was "WAAHHHHHH!"

I thought it was ridiculous when he went off on that reporter that asked him to clarify "in order to love fighting you have to hate it" especially when he worded it very poorly to begin with and it made no sense. I guess since it takes three times more effort than the average person for him to string coherent sentences together its understandable questions make him grumpy when he is cutting weight.

He makes it sound like the reason he is so difficult with the media all the time is because he's a fighter and he comes to fight and that everyone else who promotes themselves or the UFC in other outlets is all full of ****. So I guess he is more of a fighter than guys like Robinson, Ali, and Mayweather who loved the attention and helped build boxing in other ways than just fighting? I can assure you that all of those guys are way tougher than Nick Diaz.

His inability to integrate himself into normal society doesn't make him tough. It makes him a big weirdo. If anyone should be thankful for the fans and press it should be him because if it wasn't for mixed martial arts fans he would clearly be flipping burgers or in a ditch somewhere while the more multifaceted individuals would probably be okay doing something else for a living.

He's a great fighter. I really enjoyed his gameness and his fight with Daley, but his Rainman routine did not make me understand him. It made me really dislike him to be honest. War Condit! He will show everyone tonight that you can act like a normal person and still be tough.

I thought it was ridiculous when he went off on that reporter that asked him to clarify "in order to love fighting you have to hate it" especially when he worded it very poorly to begin with and it made no sense. I guess since it takes three times more effort than the average person for him to string coherent sentences together its understandable questions make him grumpy when he is cutting weight.

He makes it sound like the reason he is so difficult with the media all the time is because he's a fighter and he comes to fight and that everyone else who promotes themselves or the UFC in other outlets is all full of ****. So I guess he is more of a fighter than guys like Robinson' date=' Ali, and Mayweather who loved the attention and helped build boxing in other ways than just fighting? I can assure you that all of those guys are way tougher than Nick Diaz.

His inability to integrate himself into normal society doesn't make him tough. It makes him a big weirdo. If anyone should be thankful for the fans and press it should be him because if it wasn't for mixed martial arts fans he would clearly be flipping burgers or in a ditch somewhere while the more multifaceted individuals would probably be okay doing something else for a living.

He's a great fighter. I really enjoyed his gameness and his fight with Daley, but his Rainman routine did not make me understand him. It made me really dislike him to be honest. War Condit! He will show everyone tonight that you can act like a normal person and still be tough.[/quote']

Agreed. I have tons of respect for Diaz as a fighter, but don't get his childish behavior.

35wj3m.jpg

The most interesting man in the world would say "You're" not "your" ;)

He makes it sound like the reason he is so difficult with the media all the time is because he's a fighter and he comes to fight and that everyone else who promotes themselves or the UFC in other outlets is all full of ****. So I guess he is more of a fighter than guys like Robinson' date=' Ali, and [b']Mayweather[/b] who loved the attention and helped build boxing in other ways than just fighting? I can assure you that all of those guys are way tougher than Nick Diaz.

He's a great fighter. I really enjoyed his gameness and his fight with Daley, but his Rainman routine did not make me understand him. It made me really dislike him to be honest. War Condit! He will show everyone tonight that you can act like a normal person and still be tough.

Lol no

That was one of the mighty edits by the UFC.

The press conference was 2 days ago' date=' and the questions Diaz was asked for the Primetime were made a long time ago.

They combined that footage from the fan asking what that quote meant with some other footage from Diaz talking about a totally different question[/quote']

Nice try bro :)

The fan asked about that quote and Nick didn't want to answer. That's how it went down. Nick is a little thick. It's ok though. I don't have to like him, as long as I like his fights.

That is true' date=' but he didn't say "oh, that question was dumb" talking about him[/quote']

You're right, he didn't. He didn't disrespect the fan.

Edit: I seem to remember that comment being made, but I'm pretty sure it came from someone near the mic, or another person on the stage, not Nick.

The whole meaning of the "in order to love fighting you have to hate it" makes a heck of alot of sense.

If you love what you do and want to be the best you can be at it you have to push yourself beyond your limits to the point you hate it in order to reach your full potential and push beyond what you think you're capable of.

Few people have that kind of dedication, disciplne, self respect and courage to take that journey because they fear failure but it's more fullfilling because it's makes you a much better human being with no regrets.

He isn't afraid to strive for excellence and express himself honestly unlike so many others.

That's a true warrior spirit and a great philosophy to have about life in general.

Nick isn't perfect but he's playing his hand with the cards he was dealt just fine imo.

all i heard from him the whole time was "waahhhhhh!"

i thought it was ridiculous when he went off on that reporter that asked him to clarify "in order to love fighting you have to hate it" especially when he worded it very poorly to begin with and it made no sense. I guess since it takes three times more effort than the average person for him to string coherent sentences together its understandable questions make him grumpy when he is cutting weight.

He makes it sound like the reason he is so difficult with the media all the time is because he's a fighter and he comes to fight and that everyone else who promotes themselves or the ufc in other outlets is all full of ****. So i guess he is more of a fighter than guys like robinson' date=' ali, and mayweather who loved the attention and helped build boxing in other ways than just fighting? I can assure you that all of those guys are way tougher than nick diaz.

He's a great fighter. I really enjoyed his gameness and his fight with daley, but his rainman routine did not make me understand him. It made me really dislike him to be honest. War condit! He will show everyone tonight that you can act like a normal person and still be tough.[/quote']

waaahhhhhhh, waahhhhhh!

The whole meaning of the "in order to love fighting you have to hate it" makes a heck of alot of sense.

If you love what you do and want to be the best you can be at it you have to push yourself beyond your limits to the point you hate it in order to reach your full potential and push beyond what you think you're capable of.

Few people have that kind of dedication' date=' disciplne, self respect and courage to take that journey because they fear failure but it's more fullfilling because it's makes you a much better human being with no regrets.

He's isn't afraid to strive for excellence and express himself honestly like so many others.

That's a true warrior spirit and a great philosophy to have about life in general.

Nick isn't perfect but he's playing his hand with the cards he was dealt just fine imo.[/quote']

I think it is pretty clear, that fan deserved that answer

I think it is pretty clear' date=' that fan deserved that answer[/quote']

Well, I got it the first time he said it, but like Nick plays the cards he was dealt, so does the fan :)

The difference is the fan is asking a man he looks up to, and the man just doesn't care to elaborate.

Like I said, I don't have to like Diaz to enjoy his fights. I just think he could make some more effort to be nicer to people who obviously care about him...

Few people have that kind of dedication' date=' disciplne, self respect and courage to take that journey because they fear failure but it's more fullfilling because it's makes you a much better human being with no regrets.

He isn't afraid to strive for excellence and express himself honestly unlike so many others.

Nick isn't perfect but he's playing his hand with the cards he was dealt just fine imo.[/quote']

That's a good point, but it's not the only way to go about it. There are great athletes who love every aspect of their sport, and can't get enough, no matter how difficult. Ray Lewis, for example.

He's isn't afraid to strive for excellence and express himself honestly like so many others.

This= 100%

What Diaz is sayin is, if you get it you don't need an explanation. If you need an explanation, you ain't gonna get it.

Very Zen. Diaz is a deep dude,

132597704176-Clap.gif

Archived