Weird UFC/MMA facts about YOU!...That most people find interesting or hard to believe

UFC_311

UFC_311

I agree with the Machida vs. Shogun 1 decision

I thought Jake Shields vs. GSP was an exciting fight.

I think Bisping vs. Hamill was a lot closer then people make it out to be and is not even close to being one of the worst decisions of all time.

I like the current scoring system used by the UFC and think they should keep it.

The first fight I ever watched was Griffin vs. Bonnar 1. It was by pure coincidence as my uncle was watching it as I walked into his house. I had no intention of watching it otherwise.

After purchasing UFC 100 on PPV, I turned it off after the Akiyama/Belcher decision was announced because I was so upset.

I unknowingly sat right next to the owner of the Headrush clothing company at UFC 123 until the end of the event. I asked him why he wasn't cage side, and he said because the best seats were right at cage level.

I enjoy watching Jon Fitch fights. Truth.

After Shane Carwin knocked out Frank Mir I was fairly distraught, and was upset about it for a solid 2 days after the fight.

I got into MMA by watching Kaoklai Kaennorsing fights on YouTube which led me to UFC/Pride highlights which sparked my interest in the sport.

Wanderlei Silva was the first MMA fighter I ever became a diehard fan of.

I too thought Sheild vs GSP was pretty exciting

I used to really l dislike Jon Jones, but after accepting his talent, I have grown to like him quite a bit.

Logically speaking, there is no reason to think Silva will win his rematch with Sonnen, yet I am 80% sure he will.

I end up agreeing with many close decisions (ie, Shogun/Hendo, Shogun/Machida 1, Sonnen/Bisping)

I think foot stomps should be illegal in the sport

I think that you are only considered a "downed" opponent if both your knees (or back) are on the ground (hands shouldn't matter).

i actually get hyped for fitch fights and like him.

i like michael bisping lately..

hendo , mirko and condit are kinda tied up for my all-time fav fighters with hendo and condit having a very slight advantage ^^

i used to like gsp

i'm a jon jones fan

i think arlovski with chin could've dominated the ufc long..

hendo > fedor ( come at me haters or deal with it :cool: )

i dont think there should be a shogun vs hendo 2 ( i think we would get disapointed because we would expect to much...)

i think silva will win the sonnen rematch quite easy but i still want sonnen to win

i wanna see shogun/machida 3

jones would beat silva.

I too thought Sheild vs GSP was pretty exciting

Probably the most hyped I have ever been for a fight

Logically speaking' date=' there is no reason to think Silva will win his rematch with Sonnen, yet I am 80% sure he will.

I end up agreeing with many close decisions (ie, Shogun/Hendo, Shogun/Machida 1, Sonnen/Bisping)

[b']All of those were the right call IMO[/b]

I think foot stomps should be illegal in the sport

Me too.

I think that you are only considered a "downed" opponent if both your knees (or back) are on the ground (hands shouldn't matter).

Me too. Diaz vs. Kim is a prime example

Nice post!

I watched Silva/Sonnen at a local pub with my GF there was a couple at the table next to us.

I was silent the whole f'n fight biting my nails and ****.

Dudes GF was smack talking the whole time, it was horrible, she was the equivalent of all the Trolls and haters on this forum throwing **** in my face the whole 4 1/2 rounds.

Silva slapped on that triangle my nachos went one way my beer went the other way my arms were raised screaming "WHOOO HOOOO Ma' ****ERS!!"

I then started laughing at her, i had to her ol man was sitting there the whole fight begging for somebody to put him outta his misery.

She got really upset and left, her boyfriend and i had a beer and a good laugh.

I have been a fan of many fighter that have been caught using PEDs...i dont know why but i have....but once they are caught i normaly diss like them

List of fighter

Thiago alves (still fan)

Karo (non fan)

Nate marquart (still fan)

Cheal sonnen (as only a fan back in wec really)

Sean sherk (ahh guess i can still root 4 him)

Hermas franca (he lost me with the whole rape thing)

Josh barnett (non fan but respect)

There is a few other i have forgot about...i hate PEDs but i some how root for many guys be4 they get caught

I normaly root 4 brazilians over americans

I like jon fitch and gsp fights

Eventhough i many have a striking background (boxing, thai boxing) i normaly root for BJJ guys more then anything else

Love subs over KOs...give me KZ twister over hendo's ko over bisping anyday

I got into MMA after reading an article about Michael Bisping in a ZOO magazine and he was speaking about his favourite fighters and one of them was Mirko Cro Cop. I YouTube'd Mirko Cro Cop highlights and have been in love with the sport since.

I used to hate Nick Diaz and only became a fan of him after the Cyborg fight and even more so after he beat my favourite fighter Paul Daley.

I was born in the same place as Alistair Overeem.

I always support UK/ Dutch fighters.

I used to really like Jon Jones but now I can't stand him and want to see him KO'd.

Do not believe in lucky punches

Also would bet a large sum of money that bendo would beat pettis in a rematch

Though that if tito would have fought chuck after the tuf season like planed he would have won

This. I was gonna say this.

Also

I much much prefer submissions to ko's

I dont think GSP is boring .. he hasnt faced somebody who push him

Dont agree with FW division in UFC. Get these guys to man up, put some punds and move to FW.

Think Diaz is a guy that helps UFC to be promoted and put up great fights always

Start to think 2/4/12 Condit is overated

Miss Lesnar already and hope he comes back some day

Dont understand what Roy is doing on HW division

Werdum is very understimaded specially after getting Koed by JDS

Mir will be the champ again

I still think Machida and Shogun would beat Jones in a revanche

I always root for bisping and love to see him win because it pisses off so many people

I am subscribed to bloodstainlane's youtube channel

I feel Big Nog is a better fighter then Mir allthough he got finished 2 times

IMO Aldo is P4P n.1

Its angers me when ppl diss charles "mask" lewsi for being in the HOF when they HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS GUY HAS DONE FOR THE SPORT AND ITS FIGHTERS

I shake my head at fans that think many of thier fav fighters could win at the highes level in a sertaint sport,torney,championship (world cup in wrestling,bjj,ADCC,Boxing,K1)...only a certain few can do this...and no GSP would not win or place in wrestling in both the world cup or the olympics...jds would not win K1 nor beat a kilicko bro...or even david haye who is retired for that matter...they are good at MMA ppl and just that

Many MMA fighters have won ADCC.. Overeem won the K1 GP

Duh...i did say "a few can"....those guys u were talking about trainind in that first cept overeem i believe...and all have spent much time training in that one area alone to compete in

Im talking bout the ppl who think fighter like jds,gsp have a good chance to win at the highest level in one are (gsp =world cup wresling or olympics, jds= world boxing champ)

1. Jon Fitch is one of my fav fighters in WW.. he is a beast

2.I like Anderson Silva better but i rate GSP as p4p no.1

3. UFC judging rules is good, a few minor changes and it's perfect

4. UFC needs better judges, there are very few who get it 100% right most of the time.. it seems like they go along the judging rules and add a personal opinion to it

5. majority draws should be taken out, instead the fighter who was given the extra point should win, draws hurt mma progressing forward in title contentions

jon fitch vs bj penn is a perfect example of 1, 3, 4, and 5..

6. Jon Jones will do great at HW

7. Jon Jones want's to get his *** up to HW before Anthony Perosh gets to him

i like josh koschecks hair

if i dont know the two fighters about to fight i go for the one with the coolest hair

i hate fighters who say they are knock out artists but never get the ko(hardy)

i hate wall n stall more than lay n pray

id rather see wall n stall then two fighters avoid striking

i dont believe in lucky shots

IMO there are to types of ufc competitors, athletes and fighters.

the only fights i attend live are the ones i hate the most!

- Ever since I went out to a bar by myself and watched UFC 117 It feels like I'm getting electrocuted the day of the fight and incoming moments of the fight card. (weigh ins and event) because - - - - V

- I was the only one in the bar who was going for Anderson past the 3rd round and I honest to god said somewhere in the middle of the fight (2nd, 3rd, or 4th), "Anderson is NOT losing to this guy!" with some smug looking Sonnen fan giving me a **** eating grin.

- I passed the Prudential Center 2 days prior to UFC 125 on an amtrak train headed to Penn Station in New York. I watched the fight with a friend and his buddy deep inside the Bronx area. On the inside I was upset with myself for not getting off the train in Jersey and buying a room to watch the fight live.

- I think Tim Sylvia doesn't get enough credit for being in dynamic fights if you will, during his stint in the UFC.

- I honestly think Cain just got caught and is the only person who will take the belt from JDS.

My elbows bend past the 180 degrees plane....allowing me alot of extra time to escape armbars in may verations, even dave herztog (silver medelist at world cup) has troble locking it in fast enough with the right pressure

My sub defence is my best aspect of my grappling i think based off my other defences aswell

-I have found every GSP fight exciting

-I think Machida is a very boring fighter

-I believe both jones and GSP would beat silva

-The first thing i ever saw of mma was Ultimate Fighter 1 and i was hooked. I have missed only a handfull of events since chuck randy 2 (same card i saw GSP fight for the first time)

-Jones is my favorite fighter

-I dont believe in lucky punches

sausage > Bacon

Ok listen up, ******!! I put up with a good amount of **** talk on this forum but there is no damn way I will sit idly by and let you sully the good name of bacon by way of putting some filthy pig product in the same sentence; much less chose it over my beloved. You sir are just wrong without excuse and your insulince will not be tolerated. ;)

I stole all of the UFC videos from Blockbuster when I worked there in 1999.

The only/main reason I hate Rashad is because he ko'd Chuck. ( <----- I hate admitting that.)

I've always wanted to knock Don Frye out and then shave his mustache.

I put my girlfriend in arm bars until she gives into my demands.

I like Jon Fitch

I agree with Sanchez vs Kampmann (didn't really score it' date=' was too caught up in the action)

can't think of anything else[/quote']

Oh oh i know...u told me once u like gilbert yvel's choice in boxers

(I dont know why though..looks like a regular pair to me)

AguJIVjCQAEnRkC.jpg

Ok listen up' date=' ******!! I put up with a good amount of **** talk on this forum but there is no damn way I will sit idly by and let you sully the good name of bacon by way of putting some filthy pig product in the same sentence; much less chose it over my beloved. You sir are just wrong without excuse and your insulince will not be tolerated. ;)

I stole all of the UFC videos from Blockbuster when I worked there in 1999.

The only/main reason I hate Rashad is because he ko'd Chuck. ( <----- I hate admitting that.)

I've always wanted to knock Don Frye out and then shave his mustache.

I put my girlfriend in arm bars until she gives into my demands.[/quote']

lolwut

Archived