Erick Silva will become the WW undisputed champ

Ansem

I'm calling it now, after seeing Diaz and Condit at it for 5 rounds I see nothing too great from either while you can make an argument that Diaz pushed the pace and tried to fight Condit only countered.

The WW divison will look like this once the dust settles;

Erick-Silva-punches-Luis-Ramos-Zuffa.jpg

Champ - Erick Silva

#1 Rory Macdonald

#2 GSP

#3 Condit

#4 Diaz

#5 Ellenberger

What are your rankings and thoughts?

Dude either fighter would tool Erik and I like him.

Are you serious? did you not see how fast and precise his striking capabilities are? he would KO either fighter that fought tonight for the belt and give GSP who btw is already recovered another reason to stay out of competition for a longer period of time.

Are you serious? did you not see how fast and precise his striking capabilities are? he would KO either fighter that fought tonight for the belt and give GSP who btw is already recovered another reason to stay out of competition for a longer period of time.

I do like the kid, but he needs time to improve and get some experience in the cage first. Year or two and we may have a contender.

I do like the kid' date=' but he needs time to improve and get some experience in the cage first. Year or two and we may have a contender.[/quote']

The thing is this guy is going threw fools like there nothing, his confidence is already like a champ, and his killer instinct is second to none which is a dangerous, dangerous thing.

The thing is this guy is going threw fools like there nothing' date=' his confidence is already like a champ, and his killer instinct is second to none which is a dangerous, dangerous thing.[/quote']

I agree he has killer instince but the guys he has fought aren't even gatekeepers at this stage. The last thing you want to see is him get fed to the wolves and loose all that hard work.

He needs to slowly work his way up, it also doesn't help with a DQ for punches to the back of the head, no matter how contraversial they were.

Im just a huge fan of that Karate style when they implement it into MMA.

His kickboxing record is impressive as **** too.

He made me an instant fan.

I agree, Karate is very underrated the snap on his kick is bascially what koed his opponent that in it self is impressive. But I doubt hes got much of a ground game.

I'm calling it now' date=' after seeing Diaz and Condit at it for 5 rounds I see nothing too great from either while you can make an argument that Diaz pushed the pace and tried to fight Condit only countered.

The WW divison will look like this once the dust settles;

[img']http://www.mmagospel.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Erick-Silva-punches-Luis-Ramos-Zuffa.jpg[/img]

Champ - Erick Silva

#1 Rory Macdonald

#2 GSP

#3 Condit

#4 Diaz

#5 Ellenberger

What are your rankings and thoughts?

I think Erick will have the best striking game in the whole division, he is so quick, so explosive and exellent headmovement and footwork. But I still see a good wrestler as GSP will give him some troubles.

He trains with his brother in law who is Carlos Machado who's BJJ is legit. He may not be the best at it but i bet he can defend on the ground.

hmm, i'd like to see him against a top notch Muay Thai striker, its unfortunate that there isnt many at WW at levels there are at LHW like Shogun.

Im just a huge fan of that Karate style when they implement it into MMA.

His kickboxing record is impressive as **** too.

He made me an instant fan.

1. His kickboxing record isn't a Kickboxing record, it's a Karate Point fighting record and amateur at that.

2. He was knocked out by Raymond Daniels, it's a win on Daniels record he dropped him with a punch he fell tore his ACL and didn't get back up. It's seen on youtube also.

3. He didn't impress me that much, they deliberately signed a can who has like a brown belt in Jiu Jitsu and can't take guys down, can't stand and hasn't been training very long with little experience.

4. I'd like to see him face someone who can strike before we deduct he's such a great striker, same with Erik Silva.

1. His kickboxing record isn't a Kickboxing record' date=' it's a Karate Point fighting record and amateur at that.

2. He was knocked out by Raymond Daniels, it's a win on Daniels record he dropped him with a punch he fell tore his ACL and didn't get back up. It's seen on youtube also.

3. He didn't impress me that much, they deliberately signed a can who has like a brown belt in Jiu Jitsu and can't take guys down, can't stand and hasn't been training very long with little experience.

4. I'd like to see him face someone who can strike before we deduct he's such a great striker, same with Erik Silva.[/quote']

1. Everything that ive seen online states his kickboxing.

2. So? never said he was invincible

3. prob right, but its not like the guy had losses. He was undefeated with 5 wins ,2 KOs and 1 sub

4. I agree somewhat. But im hoping on board early. I think he has what it takes.

1. Everything that ive seen online states his kickboxing.

2. So? never said he was invincible

3. prob right' date=' but its not like the guy had losses. He was undefeated with 5 wins ,2 KOs and 1 sub

4. I agree somewhat. But im hoping on board early. I think he has what it takes.[/quote']

He's a class act, he's a true martial artist and I love watching the guy. He has a black belt in Jiu Jitsu under one of the few Red Belts still alive in the world. I highly doubt him against sound wrestlers in the Welterweight division he looks a little frail and I think his striking wouldn't seem so dynamic when guys aren't confused and uncomfortable and stay on the outside and let themselves get picked apart. Also as we've seen time and time again amazing kickboxers and muay thai guys, karate guys, sanshou guys at very highest level can be outclassed standing in MMA because it's a lot different not even taking the ground game into consideration so whenever people act like he's this killer standing because of his point karate fighting and his small Kickboxing record it just irks me.

Also in an interview he even confessed to what I already, well he didn't confess but he didn't run with the hype and lie. He said it was a combined record of amateur point fighting, something else I forget and kickboxing. with like 30 of those being amateur point fights. He did lose to Raymond Daniels, the undefeated BS is just that BS.

Also I thought the guy was like 22-23 he looks like he's 15! He's 28? DAMN! I hope to see him be fed slowly, the fight I seriously want to see him have next and badly is

Lance Benoist vs Stephen Thompson. 2 really standout, undefeated up and comers who have 1 win in the UFC.

Also I thought the guy was like 22-23 he looks like he's 15! He's 28? DAMN! I hope to see him be fed slowly' date=' the fight I seriously want to see him have next and badly is

Lance Benoist vs Stephen Thompson. 2 really standout, undefeated up and comers who have 1 win in the UFC.[/quote']

nah I think they shud do Erick Silva vs Stephen Thompson just so we can see whos the real deal LOL ;)

Archived