Condit-"Its going to be a dog fight"

bluesy

I got mad respect for Condit' date=' but he was no killer tonight. Dude looked for points and fought tentative, instead of going for it.[/quote']

This is what Jackson does to a lot of fighters. I was waiting for this to become a fight, but Condit made sure it stayed a point sparring match, this never became a proper fight. Carlos was didn't take one step forward the whole time

some BS calls tonight but this is the biggest BS call Ive seen in a while.

How you can give the belt to a guy that runs around for 5 rounds, kicks a few times.. gets your back taken for over a min is beyond me.

Diaz got robbed, plain and simple.. coming from a guy that hates him. Now I dont mind Carlos even more for running around like a Biotch. Its a fight not a marathon.

Dont really care how you scored it or who you thought won. If you thought Carlos won, then you like fighters that run more than they fight. Just as simple as that.

Give it up to your new Chump everyone Carlos Condit The Natural Born Runner!

GSP will make this Chump run through the cage lmao

some BS calls tonight but this is the biggest BS call Ive seen in a while.

How you can give the belt to a guy that runs around for 5 rounds' date=' kicks a few times.. gets your back taken for over a min is beyond me.

Diaz got robbed, plain and simple.. coming from a guy that hates him. Now I dont mind Carlos even more for running around like a Biotch. Its a fight not a marathon.

Dont really care how you scored it or who you thought won. If you thought Carlos won, then you like fighters that run more than they fight. Just as simple as that.

Give it up to your new Chump everyone Carlos Condit The Natural Born Runner!

GSP will make this Chump run through the cage lmao[/quote']

I agreed with everything until the last statement.

I saw the fight as 4-1 for Condit.

Diaz stalked him sure, but every time Condit landed first and got away and then would blast him with kicks and punches Diaz couldn't catch him he won the 5th round no question and the 2nd was a toss up

Either way Condit landed more and hit with way more power, the 5 people I'm watching with had it 4-1 and maybe 3-2 all in favor of Condit

I thought it was clear cut but the only guy who agrees with us is Jon Fitch haha anyway my opinion

Diaz will come back and he will beat Koscheck just my opinion

You don't know much' date=' huh? Should he have just stayed on the cage all night?[/quote']

Hey I dont mind you guys paying money to watch someone run around the cage for 5 rounds and be happy about it. Thats up to you ^_^

I bet you would like to see some more guys run around and stick to game plains than actually do what their paid to do... "Fight"

I saw the fight as 4-1 for Condit.

Diaz stalked him sure' date=' but every time Condit landed first and got away and then would blast him with kicks and punches Diaz couldn't catch him he won the 5th round no question and the 2nd was a toss up

Either way Condit landed more and hit with way more power, the 5 people I'm watching with had it 4-1 and maybe 3-2 all in favor of Condit

I thought it was clear cut but the only guy who agrees with us is Jon Fitch haha anyway my opinion

Diaz will come back and he will beat Koscheck just my opinion[/quote']

You sir are a freaking Genius!

Hey I dont mind you guys paying money to watch someone run around the cage for 5 rounds and be happy about it. Thats up to you ^_^

I bet you would like to see some more guys run around and stick to game plains than actually do what their paid to do... "Fight"

Are you serious? This is one of the most ignorant things I have ever read, they aren't paid to be rock'em sock'em robots, Fighting is about inflicting damage while taking as little as possible not standing in the centre and throwing punches till someone drops. Condit came in with a game plan and stuck to it despite Diaz's best efforts to throw him off of it, and Diaz couldn't adapt which makes Condit a better Mixed Martial Artist, deal with it.

Nope. That fight was awesome! Finally someone not playing directly into Diaz's blueprints and guess what? Nick is not invincible ;)

Exactly it was effective game planning, technique, and mental focus (not falling into Nick's taunting) that won that fight. The truth is both of them are so evenly matched it comes down to these little things.

Diaz if he would have switched gears and tried to utilize his grappling more could have pulled off the victory, but he just wasn't as mentally prepared as Condit. Also a partial failing on Diaz's corner. They should have mentioned mixing it up after the third when Carlos was obviously finding his groove.

Exactly it was effective game planning' date=' technique, and mental focus (not falling into Nick's taunting) that won that fight. The truth is both of them are so evenly matched it comes down to these little things.

Diaz if he would have switched gears and tried to utilize his grappling more could have pulled off the victory, but he just wasn't as mentally prepared as Condit. Also a partial failing on Diaz's corner. They should have mentioned mixing it up after the third when Carlos was obviously finding his groove.[/quote']

This are some great points. The taunting nothing Nick did affected Condit's mindset. That's great discipline. And people can hate Greg Jackson, but his gameplan made a huge difference tonight. He learned from the Cerrone fight.

This are some grey points. The nothing Nick did affected Condit's mindset. That's great discipline. And people can hate Greg Jackson' date=' but his gameplan made a huge difference tonight. He learned from the Cerrone fight.[/quote']

Yes, the taunting is actually a huge part of Diaz's game! People don't seem to realize this. His stockton slap works because he lures people into losing focus and trading punches without proper technique. Without the taunts his style is actually very open to leg kicks and other various counters.

That is not to say, however, that Diaz is lacking in the striking department. His style is one that very few could actually preform effectively. I see the "stockton slap" as part physical skill and part mental. Without the taunt it simply isn't as effective, but that is not a failing of the style. It is a testament to Diaz's ability and skill.

He is one of the best strikers in the division and thats because, fight wise, Diaz is actually very smart. And at the words smart and Diaz I probably lost everyone reading this post:D

But it is true!

Archived