Sign in to follow this  
Dark_Nightofthe_East

How much longer before Rousimar Palhares is champ?

This is guy is not only a BEAST in ufc undisputed 3, but also in real life. He should have beat nate fartquadt but the ref cheated and acted like he didn't grease, he ko'ed miller but the ref gave him a second chance.

This guy can finish anybody in the division, especially chael sonnen.

So how much longer will we have to wait before we see this man standing holding the middleweight belt?

Discuss.

palhares2.jpg

He'd beat both Chael and Anderson' date=' but his brain might keep him away from a title shot[/quote']

anderson would khtfo IMO.

71289274971318940067.jpeg

Nate-Marquardt-vs-Toquinho_palhares.jpg

I'm a palhares fan, but he wouldn't touch Anderson.

all Palhares has is a leg lock that he is really good at and decent brawling.

I'm a palhares fan' date=' but he wouldn't touch Anderson.

all Palhares has is a leg lock that he is really good at and decent brawling.[/quote']

I wouldn't count that fight as a giant lose to Palhares. Granted, he lost, but, kind of a cheap shot :P

Anyways, if Silva can keep away from the TD's by using good hips and grabbing the Thai clinch when Palhares restarts on a shot, then yeah, Silva all day. I just think Palhares would do something similar to a Chonan kind of leglock. Not a flying sub, but kind of like an Aoki kind of leglock. Shoot in then quickly go for guard and grab that heel hook, all in one instance.

The only person who can beat him right now in real life is Anderson Silva, even then Anderson would have to avoid the ground at all costs. Silva wins by TKO round 3 or 4, but he'll retire soon unfortunately and Palhares will rip off Sonnen's arm in a title fight for the vacant UFC MW belt and defend it until he retires justb like Anderson.

I'm a palhares fan' date=' but he wouldn't touch Anderson.

all Palhares has is a leg lock that he is really good at and decent brawling.[/quote']

All he has is leg locks? U trolling? Did u watch 2 of his fights and make that assumption?

All he has is leg locks? U trolling? Did u watch 2 of his fights and make that assumption?

half trolling half truth

Anderson wouldn't engage him on the ground anyways.

you took what i said in the wrong way, and his best move by far is the leg lock.

half trolling half truth

Anderson wouldn't engage him on the ground anyways.

you took what i said in the wrong way' date=' and his best move by far is the leg lock.[/quote']

Anderson dosent have a choice. If Palhares wants it to go to the ground its goin there. Toquinho is Anderson's worst matchup at MW.

+1. Styles make fights.

Yeah i like Chael but Palhares would make him yell tap quicker than Reem all of the sudden gaining fans.

Yeah i like Chael but Palhares would make him yell tap quicker than Reem all of the sudden gaining fans.

Not a good match-up for Chael, I can see Palhares getting the sub. That said, I feel Anderson is a better match-up for Chael, then Bisping was.

Hendo didn't have too many problems with Palhares and landed a lot of good shots in their fight. I think Anderson would use his reach and uncanny accuracy to pick Palhares apart and eventually get the KO.

Anderson dosent have a choice. If Palhares wants it to go to the ground its goin there. Toquinho is Anderson's worst matchup at MW.

Anderson has beaten pretty much every style of fighting IMO

and he's been working on his wrestling in a boss way.

Amazon tribe wrasstlin.

20120208100905_anderson.JPG

Come at me Chael and Palhares ...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBIdeSg5ekGAirhARUECE274XX_uDxqfM9mIjC0FmfahCTAp2Q

Anderson has beaten pretty much every style of fighting IMO

and he's been working on his wrestling in a boss way.

Amazon tribe wrasstlin.

20120208100905_anderson.JPG

Come at me Chael and Palhares ...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBIdeSg5ekGAirhARUECE274XX_uDxqfM9mIjC0FmfahCTAp2Q

Fat Bastard.

if he is ever champ (which i doubt) that will just cement the fact that the MW division is the weakest division by far. He is pretty much a one dimensional submission fighter, and MMA has longed surpassed the days of a one dimensional fighter being champion. I also think MMA is alot more of a mental game than it used to be, now that most fighters are well rounded in all areas, and from what ive see from Palhares, it seams he may be giving up an edge in that department.

Palhares is a beast. But..., he'll have to at least wait until Silva retires. His stand up, while explosive and powerful, isn't technically good enough to trouble Silva for too long. He'd dominate Fail Sonnen. He's explosive and tenacious enough to chase down Pissping and win by whatever he wants. While being explosive standing, dynamic and powerful on the ground, Silva is a ninja and he will not beat him. He'll likely run through anybody else in the division, so he'll have to wait to be champ until Silva retires.

He would lose to Anderson Silva, Vitor Belfort, Michael Bisping, Yushin Okami, and maybe Chael Sonnen. I'm hoping Belcher whoops him. It's nice that he's submitted a bunch of mid-level and lower-level guys, but I'm not sold on him beating some of the top guys yet.

Palhares is a beast. But...' date=' he'll have to at least wait until Silva retires. His stand up, while explosive and powerful, isn't technically good enough to trouble Silva for too long. He'd dominate Fail Sonnen. He's explosive and tenacious enough to chase down Pissping and win by whatever he wants. While being explosive standing, dynamic and powerful on the ground, Silva is a ninja and he will not beat him. He'll likely run through anybody else in the division, so he'll have to wait to be champ until Silva retires.[/quote']

Well said.

Toquinho making Bisping cry uncle would be grand.

Palhares could tko or submit canderson' date=' whatever he feels like doing really.[/quote']

I think he could submit him or TKO him on the ground, but he wouldn't beat him standing lol