Sign in to follow this  
shogunrua101

Yesssssss ufc 149 coming to calgary !!!!!!

http://mmajunkie.com/news/27581/ufc-event-targeted-for-july-21-in-calgary-likely-ufc-149.mma

FINALLY AN EVENT WHERE I LIVE !! im so ****en happy its not even funny i've waited so long for this !! I've got some questions if any of you could answer them it would be greatly appreciated.

1. Do you have to be 18 to go to the event ? And if your not 18, if you bring someone that is, then is that all good then? Cause im not 18 and im thinking of bringing someone 18 with me.

2. What does it feel like ? Like do you guys think its worth the money ? Everyone says its amazing but i just wanna know again !

hopefully its shogun vs tim boestch or something' date=' so we can see shogn lose and get cut[/quote']

nah man hopefully its roy so i can see him be a usual punching bag . Because besides that what was he in his last 4 fights ?

Ill be entertained if that happens !

im goin to 145 so il tell u after that lol....and no u dnt have to be 18

Lucky you get a title fight ! Hopefully the ufc puts a good card for us too. Im 17 so i can just go there and they wont ID or anything?

nah man hopefully its roy so i can see him be a usual punching bag . Because besides that what was he in his last 4 fights ?

Ill be entertained if that happens !

true, roy is a warrior that will never quit,

shogun played the punching bag twice but he had to tap out half way through the first time.

true' date=' roy is a warrior that will never quit,

shogun played the punching bag twice but he had to tap out half way through the first time.[/quote']

Too bad he'll never be champ, whatever i still wouldnt mind him on the card as long as its still a strong card around him

Lucky you get a title fight ! Hopefully the ufc puts a good card for us too. Im 17 so i can just go there and they wont ID or anything?

yep u buy ur tickets and go....now ur in canada i belive so idk if they play any different but i doubt it

What are the odds that GSP just happens to get healthy just in time for this?

how come every one of your posts is riddled with butthurt..

perhaps... you are... butthurt? :D :D

how come every one of your posts is riddled with butthurt..

perhaps... you are... butthurt? :D :D

How come all your posts all have no point or value whatsoever?

ha%2Bha.gif

Conspiracy! GSP is CHEATING! Everybody knows that GSP is from Montreal, Calgary which is in Otnatrio, British Alberta Canada! Way to manipulate the odds :mad:

LOL i dont want gsp to headline the card .. do you really think i wanna see gsp lay on carlos for 5 rounds ..

I hope I get to go... Never been to a UFC bad part is the only guy I watch with is my dad' date=' and I can't see him going...[/quote']

LOL if i need someone 18 i need to find a friend thats 18 ! I cant see my dad going at all

Ive been to 2 events. UFC 129 and UFC on Fox 2 and you dont have to be 18.. they dont ID... If your asking if its worth it.. the answer is YES! 129 I had $400 tickets and UFC on fox I had $50 tickets and whatever you can afford its just an amazing atmosphere and well worth it.. I am from saskatchewan so I am hoping to make the 6 hour drive for this one!

Bout fricken time! I was thinking about this just the other day. Why they haven't had any events in Edmonton, Calgary, or Winnipeg? Each have 20,000 seat arena's that would easily sell-out...and have been licensed for years. Instead they have mostly catered to GSP's Montreal heritage, where fans have to tolerate the French translation bs. FYI, only about 20% of Canadian's are French speaking.

Ive been to 2 events. UFC 129 and UFC on Fox 2 and you dont have to be 18.. they dont ID... If your asking if its worth it.. the answer is YES! 129 I had $400 tickets and UFC on fox I had $50 tickets and whatever you can afford its just an amazing atmosphere and well worth it.. I am from saskatchewan so I am hoping to make the 6 hour drive for this one!

Hope you make it bro !

Bout fricken time! I was thinking about this just the other day. Why they haven't had any events in Edmonton' date=' Calgary, or Winnipeg? Each have 20,000 seat arena's that would easily sell-out...and have been licensed for years. Instead they have mostly catered to GSP's Montreal heritage, where fans have to tolerate the French translation bs.[b'] FYI, only about 20% of Canadian's are French speaking[/b].

Exactly everyone has this assumption we all speak french , when its just quebec. Every other province, if you go there, everyone speaks english..

IF this does come to Calgary, we will need to set up a meeting place for after the weigh ins or something. IF it happens in Cowtown I will be there! I'm from Saskatoon, Sask. so the drive is no biggie.

IF this does come to Calgary' date=' we will need to set up a meeting place for after the weigh ins or something. IF it happens in Cowtown I will be there! I'm from Saskatoon, Sask. so the drive is no biggie.[/quote']

hahaha USUALLY when news like this about cities there going too come out, they end up going.

Yeah bro we should meet up it would be cool to meet a mod in person !

Bout fricken time! I was thinking about this just the other day. Why they haven't had any events in Edmonton' date=' Calgary, or Winnipeg? Each have 20,000 seat arena's that would easily sell-out...and have been licensed for years. Instead they have mostly catered to GSP's Montreal heritage, where fans have to tolerate the French translation bs. FYI, only about 20% of Canadian's are French speaking.[/quote']

Just learn French or stfu, seriously lol. Who cares what you understand or not?

Just learn French or stfu' date=' seriously lol. Who cares what you understand or not?[/quote']

I have to assume that you're from Quebec. Fair enough...I probably deserved that, but being from the west, I'm certainly not a fan of the special treatment that Quebec and French speaking Canada burdens our nation with. If you're not from Quebec, perhaps you should consider relocating.:P

It's awesome they're coming to another canadian city, and that it happens to be the city I myself live in as well. However, any announcements about ticket sales? or if this is all confirmed?

And what fights could we possibly have for this event? I just lost half of my mind lol.

Me and the gf are going nuts about it.

When do the tickets go on sale??? I'm from Red Deer so I'm defintiely all over going to the fights!

the fight isn't until June, or July isn't it? you're already asking when the tickets go on sale?

"hey guys, when do the tickets go on sale for UFC 200 in New York 2016?".

Retard!

It's awesome they're coming to another canadian city' date=' and that it happens to be the city I myself live in as well. However, any announcements about ticket sales? or if this is all confirmed?

And what fights could we possibly have for this event? I just lost half of my mind lol.

Me and the gf are going nuts about it.[/quote']

shuttup

It's awesome they're coming to another canadian city' date=' and that it happens to be the city I myself live in as well. However, any announcements about ticket sales? or if this is all confirmed?

Me and the gf are going nuts about it.[/quote']

They havent said anything about tickets , but im pretty damn sure there gonna come now.

I would imagine that tickets would go on sale like in april ?

Yet another meaningful' date=' highly intellectual post from Big Roy. 'lol calgary sucks' - wow, that's clever. Who writes your material?[/quote']

lol i dont even know why this guy posts .. he might as well leave, im pretty sure everyone would be happy if he left

http://mmajunkie.com/news/27581/ufc-event-targeted-for-july-21-in-calgary-likely-ufc-149.mma

FINALLY AN EVENT WHERE I LIVE !! im so ****en happy its not even funny i've waited so long for this !! I've got some questions if any of you could answer them it would be greatly appreciated.

1. Do you have to be 18 to go to the event ? And if your not 18' date=' if you bring someone that is, then is that all good then? Cause im not 18 and im thinking of bringing someone 18 with me.

2. What does it feel like ? Like do you guys think its worth the money ? Everyone says its amazing but i just wanna know again ![/quote']

1. Don't have to be 18

2. Sooooo worth it, I went to UFC 115, got floor seats - was well worth the money. Fighters were walking the concourse, got a few photo's with them :)

what american city will they move it to after no tickets sell?

Sell out in under an hour - guaranteed. Alberta has a huge MMA/Fight scene here

hahaha USUALLY when news like this about cities there going too come out' date=' they end up going.[/quote']

I work in the Saddledome...heard that it has been booked for July 21st, I can ask someone in scheduling to let me know when it is a for sure thing.

I can't wait...won't have to buy a ticket, going to work it, best part is I'll have "backstage" access!