Sign in to follow this  
openwindow

Ways to improve TUF?

I used the search function, and got nothing- which I find hard to believe. If there is another thread like this, please combine them Mods. Thanks.

So, with TUF dipping the lowest its been, what can they do to improve it?

first off, the reasons it dipped so low in ratings is likely do to

1) Spike was a more demographic friendly network for the type of show TUF is.

2) the show has gotten stale, and making it life helped a little, but not a lot.

Add spice to the show, and we might be able to fix that.

Some possible ideas are:

Keep the show live, but maybe try to do 2 fights a week (which would require double the contestants =/ )

"VS" seasons are exciting (india vs brazil, us vs someplace idk)

Kimbo being on season 10 made is really popular, maybe other popuar fighter-type people?

anyone have any ideas?

64 man tourny with every fighter fighting once a week.

or maybe have four gyms compete

like blackhouse brings in four guys

greg jacksons

AKA

Xtreme couture whatever

each team brings four guys within a weight class of course and have them use the same gym... idk

Different time slot-YES

Celeb tuf- actually not a bad idea if it was "sports celebs" who want to transition into mma- such as boxing phenoms, coleget wrestlers, maybe even football players?

I do like 64 man tourny, then you get more fights per ep- 32 get into the house right away. Could be done.

I really like camp vs camp. Hardcore fans would love it, and it wouldn't be hard to explain to casual fans.

greg jacksons

AKA

Xtreme couture whatever

each team brings four guys within a weight class of course and have them use the same gym... idk

this is something I've been wanting for a while now... maybe the worry is cross fighting if one team ends up taking all... but it would be great to see real camps with their coaches compete, mainly because the bonds between fighters are already there and it really matters for them to win for the team rather than just themselves...

women. We need women in the house, watching men interact is just not that interesting to me unless they're fighting.

They don't have to be fighters, they can just be there to cook, clean, look good and get hit on or something.

64 man tourny with every fighter fighting once a week.

greg jacksons

AKA

Xtreme couture whatever

This could be a really cool idea

women. We need women in the house' date=' watching men interact is just not that interesting to me unless they're fighting.

They don't have to be fighters, they can just be there to cook, clean, look good and [b']get hit on or something[/b].

haha good idea but i read the bolded wrong :o

Reason TUF = bad reality tv show

I honestly think waiting 40 mins of footage every episode showing cardio workouts and sparring and some sleeping, sitting before a fight is the main problem.

I think they should change the show to focus on the fighter`s personal lives more including family friends.They should show them preparing for their fights in their natural environments and gyms before being transported for the fight.

This option would be so expensive to film each fighter in their respective environments like a primetime.

The second option just cancel the show altogether. I honestly believe media interviews make me support or get to know a fighter than watching them do cardio and sit around on the show.

Replace TUF with a reality show that shows the everyday lives of members of famous campd like Blackzillians or greg jacksons. Or follow famous fighters.

Celebrity TUF...

Van Damme vs Seagal... winner gets a title shot against Anderson Silva :D

Anderson doesn't fight his boyfriends :D

Move back to Wednesdays. More talent. Talent that can actually win a title. Imagine if Jon Jones, or Rory McDonald was on TUF. Instead of holding tryouts for TUF, they should invite people.

the way to improve it is to scrap the show altogether! i would have a fight night once a week where the coaches pick 4 fights and that would be the show! no footage of the house or sob stories just fights!

Something I thought about today. Sonnen, win or lose against Silva, needs to be on the show and they need to let him know to be brash and controversial. The fans would like to have him on the show.

Also, they need a new format. Something more exciting. I think those two things could really help. Either way, Dana/ the directors needs to change something, or scrap it for a year or two.

Something I thought about today. Sonnen' date=' win or lose against Silva, needs to be on the show and they need to let him know to be brash and controversial. The fans would like to have him on the show.

Also, they need a new format. Something more exciting. I think those two things could really help. Either way, Dana/ the directors needs to change something, or scrap it for a year or two.[/quote']

well, when Sonnen and Bisping both win they can have a rematch and be coaches! that would be tv gold

Jon jones on tuf opposite Chael? Not saying they'd need to fight, could be like Hughes and Franklin...

I'd love to watch Chael talk smack to jones though.

I honestly think that the time change is the biggest problem. I dvr the show but I am never home on Friday night to watch it live. I'm guessing other people are the same way. They should have had it on Tuesdays or Wednesdays before or after one of their popular shows like Justified. If they do a TUF this fall they should do it right after Sons of Anarchy. It gets people watching the channel and many will stay tuned in to watch TUF.

well' date=' when Sonnen and Bisping both win they can have a rematch and be coaches! that would be tv gold[/quote']

Rashad and Jon Jones as coaches would have been good tv. Jones and Greg Jackson with all of Rashad's former coaches and Rashad with his Blackzillian fighters and coaches.

Rashad and Jon Jones as coaches would have been good tv. Jones and Greg Jackson with all of Rashad's former coaches and Rashad with his Blackzillian fighters and coaches.

yes sir! they sure missed a trick with this season thats for sure

I honestly think that the time change is the biggest problem. I dvr the show but I am never home on Friday night to watch it live. I'm guessing other people are the same way. They should have had it on Tuesdays or Wednesdays before or after one of their popular shows like Justified. If they do a TUF this fall they should do it right after Sons of Anarchy. It gets people watching the channel and many will stay tuned in to watch TUF.

Very good point. Simple, yet likely effective.

While watching tonight episode, an idea hit me.

Could that UFC do a tuf version of the earlier UFC's?

Like, could they target Blackbelts in certain martial arts rather than MMA guys? Or blackbets who are in MMA as well maybe? You know, get a karate guy, TKD guy, stuff like that. I feel like the idea of "Art vs art" is still very prevalent to a wide range of people.

However, would the winner be any good? Would the wrestler prove to gnp/lnp them all?

Just an idea I thought I would throw out.