Sign in to follow this  
Doctor_Obviously

How Many Actual True MMA Fans are Here on This Forum?

I see more hating and criticizing than ever before on this forum.

Seems a lot just log on to create controversy out of boredom. Those people don't know much about MMA because they're always making up stories, trolling, etc. and since they don't know what else to talk about, they bring joy into their lives by doing the whole trolling thing--which, to me, is pretty sad. But as kids, what else you gonna do? Go enjoy life outside the internet? That may be unheard of for some!

Do you guys really have that much fun doing that?? I guess being an adult here, I have to understand that kids will be kids and they probably don't have much of a social life.

But please come in here and tell us why your life is so bad that you have to resort to disrespecting, hating and trolling.

Serious thread. And the people who can't bring themselves to give serious feedback are obviously the kids/trolls/haters. Same with the "tl;dr" people...really shows lack of intelligence--unless it's an obvious troll thread (which this is not).

Please explain and thank you. :)

Seems a lot just log on to create controversy out of boredom. Those people don't know much about MMA because they're always making up stories' date=' trolling, etc. and since they don't know what else to talk about, they bring joy into their lives by doing the whole trolling thing--which, to me, is pretty sad. But as kids, what else you gonna do? Go enjoy life outside the internet? That may be unheard of for some!

Do you guys really have that much fun doing that?? I guess being an adult here, I have to understand that kids will be kids and they probably don't have much of a social life.

But please come in here and tell us why your life is so bad that you have to resort to disrespecting, hating and trolling.

Serious thread. And the people who can't bring themselves to give serious feedback are obviously the kids/trolls/haters. Same with the "tl;dr" people...really shows lack of intelligence--unless it's an obvious troll thread (which this is not).

Please explain and thank you. :)[/quote']

I really do love MMA. Also like to tease people a bit but I came here to discuss MMA. Was great to do that before UFC 100 then it got a bit crazy in the UFC section. Hard to sort out who is serious and who is not.

i dont hate i just want a good fight. i love wrestling, stand up, JJ and all mma orgs. just hard to watch others because there not on tv. the only fighters i dont like are fitch and fitch

I really do love MMA. Also like to tease people a bit but I came here to discuss MMA. Was great to do that before UFC 100 then it got a bit crazy in the UFC section. Hard to sort out who is serious and who is not.

That's true. You've been around awhile Scotty, so I know you've had intelligent MMA discussions and I also know that you can have a lot of fun with people.

I guess ignorance is just a wtf to me.

Seems a lot just log on to create controversy out of boredom. Those people don't know much about MMA because they're always making up stories' date=' trolling, etc. and since they don't know what else to talk about, they bring joy into their lives by doing the whole trolling thing--which, to me, is pretty sad. But as kids, what else you gonna do? Go enjoy life outside the internet? That may be unheard of for some!

I wish I could talk MMA. Neutral Admin is Neutral :(

Just troll the trolls.

:cool:

i dont hate i just want a good fight. i love wrestling' date=' stand up, JJ and all mma orgs. just hard to watch others because there not on tv. the only fighters i dont like are fitch and fitch[/quote']

Good example.....now when you say you don't like Fitch--that's cool. But when people say they hate someone and have no respect--I don't get that. Me personally, I don't care much for Fitch's fights either, but yeah--I respect what he's done in MMA. He's definitely a fighter who knows how to win. Is it that exciting? No. But to some it is and for most--a win is a win no matter how you get there.

That'd be too easy. It doesn't take a 3 digit IQ to troll' date=' that's why most of the unintelligent people, who can't actually discuss MMA without being ignorant, do so.[/quote']

Then you should of posted this in the UFC section then to get more bites.

I wish I could talk MMA. Neutral Admin is Neutral :(

:cool:

It's an MMA forum that YOU'RE in charge of, but you can't have an opinion? lol Come on Leonie...

What if you discussed it without naming any actual fighters? :D

I enjoy all aspects of MMA but it never seizes to upset me when a fighter just abuses a scoring system kind of like Askren, Woodley, Edgar and GSP to some extent have been doing as of late. All these organizations have "fighting" in the name somewhere I don't think its bad to expect to see a couple of fights on a given night.

Then you should of posted this in the UFC section then to get more bites.

Most of those guys who are too busy trolling the UFC section are too unintelligent to know that Outside the UFC section exists. lol And that's not me ripping on them, it's me telling it like it is.

I enjoy all aspects of MMA but it never seizes to upset me when a fighter just abuses a scoring system kind of like Askren' date=' Woodley, Edgar and GSP to some extent have been doing as of late. All these organizations have "fighting" in the name somewhere I don't think its bad to expect to see a couple of fights on a given night.[/quote']

But still, when those guys get the win, they always get criticized for it.....but most of the time, no one mentions the loser of the fight who obviously couldn't do what the winner could do.

But still' date=' when those guys get the win, they always get criticized for it.....but most of the time, no one mentions the loser of the fight who obviously couldn't do what the winner could do.[/quote']

I criticize both. But the reason the winner usually gets the bulk of it is due to them being in control of what happens throughout the entire fight. As fight fans you get spoiled during cards at times and then you get a fight that takes a step back and you can't help but get upset.

Look at 129 that card from top to bottom was an amazing night of fights and by the time GSP vs Shields came along we had been treated to a crazy night. Well the fight was obviously lack luster and it became heavily criticized because it kind of turned a great night a little sour at the end. Its easy to blame GSP since he's the one who controlled the pace and what happened where. Shields had no answer I just feel that in those cases its fair to criticize a guy whose in obvious control to not put a fight away.

Mature photoshop bandit is mature. Wait' date=' nevermind ...[/quote']

Meh, kinda true, but Pete would rather troll and insult fighters than have a classy discussion about MMA...

Mature photoshop bandit is mature. Wait' date=' nevermind ...[/quote']

Comedy is comedy. Hate and disrespect is another thing. There is a fine line on this forum between making a joke and making a joke sound like it's legit and then causing uproar for no reason. You're good at what you do Pete, but you don't go out trying to piss people off, that's the difference.

It's an MMA forum that YOU'RE in charge of' date=' but you can't have an opinion? lol Come on Leonie...

What if you discussed it without naming any actual fighters? :D[/quote']

For my job as a whole, we are to remain publicly neutral. Mostly because if people see a Zuffanite rooting for a guy, it literally will affect betting odds and that is against the law.

I mean c'mon, I've commented on Strikeforce before we bought it, and occasionally on other fights outside Zuffa.... But you can attest that even in my private Facebook account I can't show favorites or be seen to be around one fighter more than another. I could not even say I'm friends with Danny Boy Downes until months after he was cut. It sucks a bit, but I love my job.

The tradeoff is sitting front row next to our matchmakers at top-rated amateur fights and cheering LOUDLY for amazing up-and-comers :D

Most of those guys who are too busy trolling the UFC section are too unintelligent to know that Outside the UFC section exists. lol And that's not me ripping on them' date=' it's me telling it like it is.[/quote']

Yikes, that is true

In all seriousness, it's not possible to have a logical discussion about mma on this forum. I've tried and it doesn't work. Here's why:

1. Most people have horrible writing skills, so they struggle with conveying their thoughts in a forum.

2. Most people who "respond" have poor reading comprehensive skills, so they don't address specific arguments or thread topics (and they struggle with writing/conveying their non-responsive posts).

3. Then you have the complete retards who know almost nothing about mma.

Put all three in a blender, then pour yourself a glass of UFC forum.

I love MMA.

I get excited when it comes on.

Going to a live event beats all.

I like talking to other MMA fans. I too get aggravated at some of the nonsense on here. But I deal with it.

The tradeoff is sitting front row next to our matchmakers at top-rated amateur fights and cheering LOUDLY for amazing up-and-comers :D

And by loudly I mean I corner better and louder than some ammy cornermen :o

In all seriousness' date=' it's not possible to have a logical discussion about mma on this forum. I've tried and it doesn't work. Here's why:

1. Most people have horrible writing skills, so they struggle with conveying their thoughts in a forum.

2. Most people who "respond" have poor reading comprehensive skills, so they don't address specific arguments or thread topics (and they struggle with writing/conveying their non-responsive posts).

Put all three in a blender, then pour yourself a glass of UFC forum.[/quote']

I'm printing this out for my next review for a raise. Best explanation ever.

TBH I think if you go out of your way to fighter bash any fighter you are not a true MMA fan. I am a huge believer in respect, and if you can't respect all fighters then you arn't a real fan.

Too many people on here constantley rant and bash fighters for the dumbest of reasons. People criticize fighters as if they could do a better job themselves. Back in the pride days people knew what respect was. I would talk to many true MMA fans, and we would never bad mouth any of the fighters.

TBH I think if you go out of your way to fighter bash any fighter you are not a true MMA fan. I am a huge believer in respect' date=' and if you can't respect all fighters then you arn't a real fan.

Too many people on here constantley rant and bash fighters for the dumbest of reasons. People criticize fighters as if they could do a better job themselves. Back in the pride days people knew what respect was. I would talk to many true MMA fans, and we would never bad mouth any of the fighters.[/quote']

lol, I have my rayson why I don't respect GSP, Anderson or Jon... But do I still respect them as a fighter - yes (well only semi to GSP)

In all seriousness' date=' it's not possible to have a logical discussion about mma on this forum. I've tried and it doesn't work. Here's why:

So true PP. And very obvious once it is pointed out to me.

I know that this is the internet, and it is somewhat a given that people will use writing shortcuts. but it is kind of sad when people just don't even try when typing.

after this post i am certain that PP is Joe Rogan.

I wish one of the mods here would mod my company forum... I guarantee our 300 techs would drive you more bonkers that the infinite trolls here..

I can't even go on it for more than 10 mins .. And I get a salary to go on there

I joined the forum mainly to read other peoples opinions on certain topics, and to have somewhat educated conversations with fellow fans, since few of my real life friends are not really fans. The forum does a decent job of this.

I don't really understand trolling though. I understand that people find it fun, but I myself do not get it. To each their own I suppose.

I myself am a big mma fan- it is actually the only sport that I follow "religiously". I watched other combat sports, but not nearly as much.

I greatly admire all fighting styles and find myself starting to like every fighter. I used to dislike Jones, but I realized that it was because I did not like the idea that he made it look so easy. But now that I understand why I disliked him, I find myself liking him.

Like many, I do not like every fighter as a person, or as a fighter. But all those feelings aside, how can one not have absolute respect for these people. They train harder than I ever will, and they put their well-being on the line for my entertainment. I am like Julius Ceaser lol. So yeah, that is my two cents.

So true PP. And very obvious once it is pointed out to me.

I know that this is the internet' date=' and it is somewhat a given that people will use writing shortcuts. but it is kind of sad when people just don't even try when typing.[/quote']

Yep. I got so sick of it. Eventually I just started doing it on purpose.... That's mainly why come I don't try anymore. 

If only users consistently kept it classy when discussing fighters in the UFC. It's like a trend on this forum to be absurd and facetious.

I feel ya brother....Mainly the reason i haven't been posting here a lot.

If only users consistently kept it classy when discussing fighters in the UFC. It's like a trend on this forum to be absurd and facetious.

Your one of the few people who don't act retarded. I disagree with a lot of what you say but i don't mind it because you aren't a **** about it.