Sign in to follow this  
the_bear413

The Eric Silva Hype

Why is this forum so quick to come to a conclusion on a fighter's career after their first 2 or 3 fights in the UFC? It happens almost every time.

The truth is, we have no idea what's going to happen with Eric Silva. He looks good, that's for sure, but consider his competition. He's fought 2 guys that probably won't be in the UFC at the end of the year, and Charlie Brenneman who has proven that, at the least, will get another 3 fight contract when his current deal is fulfilled.

You simply cannot make a judgement on how his career will turn out after seeing the quality of opponents he has faced. It's just asinine. Let fighters prove themselves by fighting veterans instead of making a guess after 3 fights against bottom level to lower-middle level competition.

I'm not trying to discredit anything he's done so far. He's been nothing less than outstanding and, to me, has the potential to be a star. But I'm not going to hop on his **** until after I see him fight a Thiago Alves, or a John Hathaway, or a Mike Pyle.

LoL.

A couple of things,

1. I was just trolling.

2. I agree completely.

3. He has looked exceptionally impressive, I think he has the potential to be a very high level fighter.

But like I said, I agree. The hype is ridiculous. But it's the UFC forums dude. What else do you expect?

LoL.

A couple of things' date='

1. I was just trolling.

2. I agree completely.

3. He has looked exceptionally impressive, I think he has the potential to be a very high level fighter.

But like I said, I agree. The hype is ridiculous. But it's the UFC forums dude. What else do you expect?[/quote']

A part of me dies every time I log in.

Everyone needs a claim to fame.

Unfortunately, people on here like to ride on the coattails of fighters who they claim they've known about "since day 1" and have called them being champ before everyone else

Jones wasn't exactly taking out the best of the best before his hype train started' date=' and he was legit. Erick is definitely a better prospect than Rory. Rory has a lot more undeserved hype than Erick.[/quote']

Lmfao

Jones wasn't exactly taking out the best of the best before his hype train started' date=' and he was legit. Erick is definitely a better prospect than Rory. Rory has a lot more undeserved hype than Erick.[/quote']

Rory has fought and beat FAR better competition but Erick Silva will demolish anyone put in front of him. He's basically unbeatable unless she tries to cheat.

Refer to sig.

LOL at how popular Erick has become.

Rory would run him through and end all this ******** hype.

Rory is the one who is all hype. Erick is the real deal. He is the best fighter at WW and it't not even close.

i see the kids got talent and seems to be legit but why on earth is the ufc giving him cans to fight give him someone half way decent.

Yeah ' date=' im not jumping on this hype train.

I don't jump on hype trains very much.

I can't remember the last one I jumped on anyway.[/quote']

the next ww champ, erick silva, he's like van damme, damian maia, and a. silva rolled into one. :eek: