Sign in to follow this  
the_bear413

Bear's UFC on FX: Maynard vs Guida Predictions

Main Card

Gray "The Bully" Maynard (8-1-1) vs Clay "The Carpenter" Guida (9-6)

Maynard is coming off of an October 2011 loss to Edgar, after an 8-0-1 start to his UFC career. That's not exactly a small layoff, and his opponent isn't exactly a walk-through.

Clay Guida is a true veteran of the UFC. 15 fights, 4-1 in his last 5, only losing to Henderson last November who went on to become champion at the beginning of the year.

On paper, this fight looks to be a great one. Both have good wrestling and striking. However, it's this poster's opinion that this may be somewhat lackluster. Both fighters are vying for a title shot and this fight has title contender implications. With the stakes this high, and both of them coming off losses, they both need a win here. Caution may very well take control of this fight as it has in the past with fights like this.

This fight is a coin-flip as far as I'm concerned. It'll be interesting to see how Maynard comes back after his first professional loss. Guida will be ready to go, as always, and is why I believe he wins a unanimous decision tonight with his speed, and the fact that he has the Bill Belichick of MMA in his corner, Greg Jackson.

TL,DR: Guida > Maynard - UD

Spencer "The King" Fisher (9-7) vs Sam "Hands of Stone" Stout (6-6)

Here's your Fight of the Night. They've fought before and Stout won a close split-decision and this one will be just as close These two are just going to go at it. Both are true veterans and both know they're just here to entertain, so why not entertain? This is the fight I'm looking forward to the most. Chins up, hands down. Just straight up standing and banging. Possible FotY candidate.

Stout > Fisher - UD

Brian "Bad Boy" Ebersole (3-0) vs TJ Waldburger (3-1)

Both fighters are somewhat newcomers to the UFC. Both have shown some potential, and both will be looking to climb the ladder in the short future. I believe this will be a technical fight, nothing gung-** about it. I think Waldburger will get some takedowns early in the first two rounds and beat Ebersole into a rear-naked in the 2nd.

Waldburger > Ebersole - Submission, 2nd (SotN)

Cub Swanson (6-4 WEC/UFC) vs Ross "The Real Deal" Pearson (4-2)

So after a decently-fought loss against a talented Edson Barboza, Pearson has decided to go on a diet and fight at 145 pounds. Can't say I'm a fan of the decision, but then again I'm just an analyst, so what do I know? Anyway, if Swanson is stupid enough to stand with Pearson he's probably going to get TKO'd in the 1st. But I think he's too smart to stand with a British striker.

Swanson > Pearson - UD

Prelims Quick-Picks

Lamas > Hioki, cause Hioki is Japanese

Nuem > Keith, Keith doesn't even have a picture and Nuem just looks like a nice guy

Jardine > Story, only because of Jardine's hype and I want to be able to say "I told you so"........... yeah.

Siler > Gambino, Siler's right ear is a little bit lower than his left ear.

Catone > Camozzi, I like the name "Catone"

Brown > Ramos, because Brown is taller.

Miller > Funch, I just don't like white guys named Ricardo.

Rivera > Stone, Rivera has more tattoos.

These picks are awful.

Guida over Maynard?

Lamas over Hioki?

Swanson over Pearson?

LAWL

Guida has the Bill ****ing Belichick of MMA in his corner.

Hioki is Japanese

Swanson likes to rassle.

Guida has the Bill ****ing Belichick of MMA in his corner.

Hioki is Japanese

Swanson likes to rassle.

Guida could have Pole in his corner, he would still lose .

Hioki is the best Jap MMA fighter in the world with one ofthe best resumes at FW but i wouldnt expect you to know that.

Cub Swanson is the ultimate can. Pearson will school him.

Guida could have Pole in his corner' date=' he would still lose .

Hioki is the best Jap MMA fighter in the world with one ofthe best resumes at FW but i wouldnt expect you to know that.

Cub Swanson is the ultimate can. Pearson will school him.[/quote']

Who's Pole?

I already said Hioki was Japanese.

Pearson will win if Cub stands with him. If not, Pearson will be looking at the roof all night.

Who's Pole?

I already said Hioki was Japanese.

Pearson will win if Cub stands with him. If not' date=' Pearson will be looking at the roof all night.[/quote']

Pearsons TDD is very good. I have never seen Cub win a fight in my life

Main Card

Gray "The Bully" Maynard (8-1-1) vs Clay "The Carpenter" Guida (9-6)

Maynard is coming off of an October 2011 loss to Edgar' date=' after an 8-0-1 start to his UFC career. That's not exactly a small layoff, and his opponent isn't exactly a walk-through.

Clay Guida is a true veteran of the UFC. 15 fights, 4-1 in his last 5, only losing to Henderson last November who went on to become champion at the beginning of the year.

On paper, this fight looks to be a great one. Both have good wrestling and striking. However, it's this poster's opinion that this may be somewhat lackluster. Both fighters are vying for a title shot and this fight has title contender implications. With the stakes this high, and both of them coming off losses, they both need a win here. Caution may very well take control of this fight as it has in the past with fights like this.

This fight is a coin-flip as far as I'm concerned. It'll be interesting to see how Maynard comes back after his first professional loss. Guida will be ready to go, as always, and is why I believe he wins a unanimous decision tonight with his speed, and the fact that he has the Bill Belichick of MMA in his corner, Greg Jackson.

TL,DR: Guida > Maynard - UD

[u']Spencer "The King" Fisher (9-7) vs Sam "Hands of Stone" Stout (6-6) [/u]

Here's your Fight of the Night. They've fought before and Stout won a close split-decision and this one will be just as close These two are just going to go at it. Both are true veterans and both know they're just here to entertain, so why not entertain? This is the fight I'm looking forward to the most. Chins up, hands down. Just straight up standing and banging. Possible FotY candidate.

Stout > Fisher - UD

Brian "Bad Boy" Ebersole (3-0) vs TJ Waldburger (3-1)

Both fighters are somewhat newcomers to the UFC. Both have shown some potential, and both will be looking to climb the ladder in the short future. I believe this will be a technical fight, nothing gung-** about it. I think Waldburger will get some takedowns early in the first two rounds and beat Ebersole into a rear-naked in the 2nd.

Waldburger > Ebersole - Submission, 2nd (SotN)

Cub Swanson (6-4 WEC/UFC) vs Ross "The Real Deal" Pearson (4-2)

So after a decently-fought loss against a talented Edson Barboza, Pearson has decided to go on a diet and fight at 145 pounds. Can't say I'm a fan of the decision, but then again I'm just an analyst, so what do I know? Anyway, if Swanson is stupid enough to stand with Pearson he's probably going to get TKO'd in the 1st. But I think he's too smart to stand with a British striker.

Swanson > Pearson - UD

Prelims Quick-Picks

Lamas > Hioki, cause Hioki is Japanese

Nuem > Keith, Keith doesn't even have a picture and Nuem just looks like a nice guy

Jardine > Story, only because of Jardine's hype and I want to be able to say "I told you so"........... yeah.

Siler > Gambino, Siler's right ear is a little bit lower than his left ear.

Catone > Camozzi, I like the name "Catone"

Brown > Ramos, because Brown is taller.

Miller > Funch, I just don't like white guys named Ricardo.

Rivera > Stone, Rivera has more tattoos.

Probably just spaced it but Fisher won a UD against Stout after the first fight. Want a sig bet on either the Maynard/Guida or the Fisher/Stout fights?

Holy Frosted Flakes Batman,how on earth did the matchmaker "extraordinaire" come up with maybe the most boring pair on the planet and put them in together .../sigh.

Guida is just a mauler,he doesn't even know how to wrestle,he just uses his long sweaty hair to get in your face ,then jump all over you like porky pigs in the mud pen.

Maynard ,he tries to over size his opponents,probably cutting from 180,then he tires during the fight because he forgot you need oxygen to fuel that bigger size.

Sadly i think Guida wins on account Maynard has the poorest cardio i have ever seen for the puny weight classes.Boring **** day 29-28 decision ..Guida.

Not going to read.

I know it's gonna be retarded.

He claimed that Guida and Maynard are the most boring pair of fighters on the planet.

Let's recap. Clay Guida. 6 FOTN awards in the UFC and 2 FOTY awards. Gray Maynard. 1 FOTN and one FOTY. While Maynard doesn't have as many it doesn't make him a boring fighter. I think this will be a rather entertaining fight. This is simply my opinion.

He claimed that Guida and Maynard are the most boring pair of fighters on the planet.

Let's recap. Clay Guida. 6 FOTN awards in the UFC and 2 FOTY awards. Gray Maynard. 1 FOTN and one FOTY. While Maynard doesn't have as many it doesn't make him a boring fighter. I think this will be a rather entertaining fight. This is simply my opinion.

well then he is right for a change

I hope TS is wrong.

I want The Bully to KO Guida in a savage fashion ~

Doubt it. Maynard has big power, but Guida took a chin right to the face in the Sanchez fight and was able to continue. If it goes all 5 rounds, I have Guida winning a decision. Maynard will probably bully him the first couple rounds, but then Guida's superior cardio will help him edge out the later rounds. But it should be a good fight and could go either way.

Guida is only exciting if he is getting his *** kicked. Gray might kick his ***... or he will lay on him. I hope Gray does kick his *** though. and I hope he can finish it. Because if he doesn't and gasses out it's going to be a very boring final few rounds.

Maynard has pillow fists. He hasn't KO'd anyone, and with the chin Guida boasts, no way is Maynard walking out with a KO or TKO. Considering this is one of the less technical strikers we've seen Guida face in a while, it could turn into a brawl on the feet.

Their wrestling styles are very different. Maynard is just a top ground and pound kinda guy. Guida on the other hand is a scrappy and slippery wrestler, who will work constantly to create scrambles and an advantage. I wouldn't be surprised to see Guida making this fight frustrating for Maynard on the ground, reversing Maynard when he has the advantage and making a few solid submission attempts.

Ultimately, Maynard will tunnel vision early, blow his wad, and in late rounds Guida will take it home either by sub or decision.

Maynard has pillow fists. He hasn't KO'd anyone' date=' and with the chin Guida boasts, no way is Maynard walking out with a KO or TKO. Considering this is one of the less technical strikers we've seen Guida face in a while, it could turn into a brawl on the feet.

Their wrestling styles are very different. Maynard is just a top ground and pound kinda guy. Guida on the other hand is a scrappy and slippery wrestler, who will work constantly to create scrambles and an advantage. I wouldn't be surprised to see Guida making this fight frustrating for Maynard on the ground, reversing Maynard when he has the advantage and making a few solid submission attempts.

Ultimately, Maynard will tunnel vision early, blow his wad, and in late rounds Guida will take it home either by sub or decision.[/quote']

get_out.jpg

These picks are awful.

Guida over Maynard?

Lamas over Hioki?

Swanson over Pearson?

LAWL

Worst picks ever.

Guida over Maynard??

Waldburger over Ebersole??

Swanson over Pearson??

Lamas over Hioki??

Sigh...Why even post garbage like this? Guida didn't get the nod and Waldburger let go of a submission that had Ebersole's head turning purple.

Sigh...Why even post garbage like this? Guida didn't get the nod and Waldburger let go of a submission that had Ebersole's head turning purple.

You don't even need to justify those, you straight up owned those cats man. Some solid upset picks.