Sign in to follow this  
Los_Polo_Hermano

UFC 148 Weigh-In Discussion *USE THIS*

We always had this impression Silva was pure class...i mean, he helped Cote up! and he bows!

Then again, everything he says is filtered through a translator, he rarely does interviews in north america.

I think what we have seen is Sonnen peel back that fake facade, and we are seeing a childish, arrogant person who takes things too personal. Sonnen will say this stuff about everyone, and most just shrug it off. Silva has this demeanor like "how dare you speak to me like that".

Then you start putting the pieces together and how he does seem to get fights tailor made for him, he does seem to get pampered by the UFC. What are rules to other UFC fighters dont apply to Silva.

I didnt have any emotional investment in this fight. I just thought Sonnen was goofy, and Silva was the greatest of all time, but I felt Sonnen had his number. Now, im hoping Sonnen beats the living **** out of Silva and this time makes him quit, Penn style.

The fact that Silva is mad af or the fact that he hit Sonnen and Sonnen didnt even BLINK just gave Silva a dead look that could go right through my body :eek:

Or the fact that he checked his jaw like it might be broken from that little love tap. If that hurt him, he'll tap to strikes within the first seconds.

the harding thing might be taking it a little too far lol' date=' but i agree.

I at least expect the Silva fans to man up and admit when he did something wrong...I'll do the same for Sonnen like when he talked about Silva's wife.[/quote']

Its all about accountability. Anderson was wrong for cheap shotting him but Chael also bares accountability for taking the fight to this level of disrespect. Anderson is not known for getting cheap shots on his opponents, so its obvious that the two years of constant disrespect has gotten under his skin. I am not going to crusify him for that.

And for the record, Koscheck did bare responsibility for that cheap shot at the end of their fight as well and even Koscheck admitted to such at the post fight conference.

MMA MAA its all for Entertainment i loved that right should cross

Was it a bad move for Anderson > ?

Poll comeing

We always had this impression Silva was pure class...i mean' date=' he helped Cote up! and he bows!

Then again, everything he says is filtered through a translator, he rarely does interviews in north america.

I think what we have seen is Sonnen peel back that fake facade, and we are seeing a childish, arrogant person who takes things too personal. Sonnen will say this stuff about everyone, and most just shrug it off. Silva has this demeanor like "how dare you speak to me like that".

Then you start putting the pieces together and how he does seem to get fights tailor made for him, he does seem to get pampered by the UFC. What are rules to other UFC fighters dont apply to Silva.

I didnt have any emotional investment in this fight. I just thought Sonnen was goofy, and Silva was the greatest of all time, but I felt Sonnen had his number. Now, im hoping Sonnen beats the living **** out of Silva and this time makes him quit, Penn style.[/quote']

Not gonna happen though.

I have to agree ,i have been calling Dana a Hypocrite from day 1,well because he is.

I remember when he was all bad mouthing the Mayhem incident "That kind of **** would never happen in the ufc" was his words.

I'll mention something else,that shoulder shot hurt Chael,he wasn't rolling his jaw around to find the loose piece of lettuce from his Harvey's burger.Where the jaw connects it can be bruised bad after a shot like that,it would make it so Chael will not like to be hit there again so soon.

I know this much,Silva knows Chael can't do much to him in the gnp,but imagine the look in Chael's eyes if he gets his TD's stuffed...uh oh.I think we maybe have not seen the last of the cheap shots,he might let a leg kick go rampant or use an illegal elbow to the back of the head.

I feel sorry for Chael he hyped himself up for the last few years to get noticed but since his loss then a poor performance in the Bisping fight,his world is slowly crumbling down.Chael loses this fight he will have no more ammo in his gun,he will have nothing but excuses.

In the future we might find all of Sonnen's antics on BjPenn .com where most nonsense takes place.Maybe Penn and Sonnen can pat each other on the back and tell each other how great they really are.

There's plenty of accounts where people push the other guy during press conference or weigh ins, yeah this was a shoulder shrug to the face but it wasn't on a major scale. Plus the commission fines the fighters, and K.Kizer already said no fine.

Paul Daley punched Koscheck...

I'm sure if somebody accidently shoulder bumped you in the face, it's excusable but if someone accidently punched you, you would react back...

It ain't that big of a deal seriously. Plus if Sonnen isn't complaining why should the butt hurt fans complain?

Dude' date=' people push each other and get physical like that all the time. Saying its on par with some idiot bashing an Olympic athletes leg into oblivion is just ****ing stupid. It didn't affect the fight what so ever. Chael isnt hurt... Yet. You're just looking for another reason to hate Silva.... You don't need one. Justifying your hate is unnecessary.[/quote']

big difference concussions and a sore jaw takes awhile to recover a push is nothing, anderson silva knows he is getting a beating from sonnen so he trying to take cheap shots

I heard Anderson Silva tore his rotator cuff and the shoulder blow accidentally caused Chael's balls to become hyperactive and produce 16.9 times the legal amount of T-to-E.

A more accurate statement for tomorrow night that will cover both sides.

That was nothing girls just a little preview of what's to come......If you think that's bad just wait n see what Silva does to him tomorrow.......

That was nothing girls just a little preview of what's to come......If you think that's bad just wait n see what Silva does to him tomorrow.......

sonnen will be fighting back this time, anderson made a cowardly move at the weigh ins that was a little preview of nothing

I agree with the OP. There is no difference and both Koscheck and Sonnen had it coming with all their disrespect.

The first few times I didn't notice this, but after Silva hit him, Chael's stare went from Silva's chest directly to Silva's eyes. If Silva wasn't in his head, he is now and I'm not just dead sure that that's a good thing.

Don't get me wrong' date=' I think chael is fantastic, but this is a completely unbiased view.

There is 0 difference between what happened with anderson and chael at the weigh-ins than the koscheck daley fight. Koscheck and Chael both talked a tremendous amount of crap (for those of you that didnt know, koscheck repeatedly throw insults about daleys mum in the fight).

To cheap shot someone, whether its in MMA or not is a cowardly move.

Its unprofessional, and shows exactly what the critics think of this sport precisely what they are looking for, that it is nothing but a bunch of brawlers.

If it wasnt the biggest PPV of the year or potentially decade then I would expect anderson to be fined, suspended or DQ'd.[/quote']

Shut the hell up you muppet!!!!!!!!!

big difference concussions and a sore jaw takes awhile to recover a push is nothing' date=' anderson silva knows he is getting a beating from sonnen so he trying to take cheap shots[/quote']

Hahaha you're kidding right? Concussion? Sore jaw? Dude, he has nothing more than a sore ego which is on par with your sore butt. Get real.

Guida broke one guy's jaw with a shoulder but

And if it turns out that Sonnen has a dislocation or hairline fracture, causing the main event to be cancelled, what then?.

It was a calculated bs move on Silva's part.

or silva dislocated his shoulder because of the cheap shot.

lol cheap shot dont be a diva sonnens a big boy he can handle a shoulder bump

The first few times I didn't notice this' date=' but after Silva hit him, Chael's stare went from Silva's chest directly to Silva's eyes. If Silva wasn't in his head, he is now and I'm not just dead sure that that's a good thing.[/quote']

Yeah he almost forgot his lines when Joe interviewed him after the incident. :D

I think he's gotten to and is a little fearful, not so much of what Anderson will do to him but the thought of failing yet again. I think that is weighting on him more than the fight itself right now.

THIS IS IT for him. That's alot of pressure.

Regardless if his mental state is perfect or not even if he can stay focused i just don't think he's got what it takes to beat a healthy, motivated and determined Anderson.

Unless Chael suddenly became a finisher in the gym and is going through people like never before i just don't see him beating Anderson or even doing the same thing he did last time.

This is a different fight and if he doesn't fight to terminate Anderson, Silva will get him first.

5 round fight going for points Silva will catch him eventually if he doesn't do it early.

all of you idiotic Chael fanboys calling for silva's head after this rubbish incident... need to pool all of your minimum wage income's together.

get on eBay or Carsales.

search for a clown car.

you know the little ones that somehow fit like twenty clowns it them?

someone drive around and pick every single one of you up and just pile in.

then set it on fire, and die in it.

Really don't think that should lead to a fine. If Floyd didn't get fined for grabbing Victor Ortiz throat and Silva gets fined for that would be ridiculous.

You're an imbecile if you think that was an actual strike. Anderson could have blew on his nose and it would have had more force behind it. You people need to stop overreacting. It wasn't professional' date=' but no a TOUCH that is obviously meant to provoke isn't the same as Daley actually trying to punch a guy in the face.[/quote']

Couldn't agree more.

all of you idiotic Chael fanboys calling for silva's head after this rubbish incident... need to pool all of your minimum wage income's together.

get on eBay or Carsales.

search for a clown car.

you know the little ones that somehow fit like twenty clowns it them?

someone drive around and pick every single one of you up and just pile in.

then set it on fire' date=' and die in it.[/quote']

Not the most articulate comment. But what do you expect from Silva fan boys who are in a frantic mood because they feel their fighters grip on top is slipping.

aren't blackhouse fighters the master of excuse?. maybe anderson caught Big Nog's staff infection when they were copulating. that is my guess for silva's excuse anyway.

Not the most articulate comment. But what do you expect from Silva fan boys who are in a frantic mood because they feel their fighters grip on top is slipping.

Ladies and gentlemen we have our first volunteer for the clown car fire of death. Now in a nice loud voice why don't you tell everybody your name and where you're from little lady?

Are you kids serious?? What a bunch of whiny girls you are.

YES, What Anderson did was UNPROFESSIONAL, no one is arguing against that.

Was it that big of a deal? NO.

It happened, get over it, and move on cuz guess what???... That little shoulder shrug is the LEAST of Chael's problems come tomorrow night!

Oddly, several of the people saying what Silva did is a big deal are some of the people that thought it was cool of Rousey to headbutt Tate.

Edit: I really don't know that, but I'm sure at least one or two here that do indeed fit the description.

Anderson crossed the line a bit, but whatever haha, he'll probably get fined but it won't matter

And to anyone saying "Anderson is acting like a clown at the weigh ins it's a bad sign for him, sonnen got to him!"

The last time he had crazy antics he regaled off the first ever front kick KO in the UFC haha, safe to say Anderson fights just fine when angry

Oddly' date=' several of the people saying what Silva did is a big deal are some of the people that thought it was cool of Rousey to headbutt Tate.

Edit: I really don't know that, but I'm sure at least one or two here that do indeed fit the description.[/quote']

I'm certainly *not* comparing the two at all. However, Anderson was unprofessional and he shouldn't have done it. But the truth is, no matter how much Sonnen fans didn't like seeing it happen, it did happen. At MOST he will be fined a bit, he'll offer an apology and it will be forgotten.

Bottom line is: It's not that serious.

haha doc' date=' now your trying to rile up the fael fans, don't worry they're doing plenty of crying on their own time :D[/quote']

Hey man, it's just what I saw. No intentional rile up here.

Lol wtf Chael didn't even flinch.

Yeah, it was more like.....you know how when little kids fall down and then they have to look up at their mom for approval on whether they should cry about it or not? That's what Chael's facxe looked like when he looked at Dana.

Bottom line is: It's not that serious.

Nope, it certainly is not. But Chael fans are certainly making this place entertaining tonight.

You could have saved time by posting that I'm an Anderson and Jones nut hugger and when they do lose I'll latch onto the next dominant champion no matter what their flaws are because I love to live vicariously thru winning fighters on an internet forum and can't stand to lose or be questioned.

You just joined.

You're a Sonnen fan.

Waste of time.

biased chael fan? i dont care who threw that shot on who thats not part of the sport and its damn well unsportsmanlike.

so are you saying its okay to make purposeful contact like that before or after a fight? or only if its a fighter you like doing it to another fighter you dont like? please clarify this for me.

yeah theres always going to be trash talk. words are words. who cares' date=' its part of the sport. it sells fights and makes people interested. people dont care to go watch the weighins or press conferences and see a brawl break out and jeopardize the fight they are paying to see the next day.

Should fighters be obligated to have to wear mouthpieces to the weigh ins just because their opponent doesnt like them and cant be professional and might use one of their body parts to hit you in the face? are you okay with that doc? or only okay if its chael sonnen that takes it, just because of some words to hype up a fight. clarify this for me as well.

i mean weve already seen the profesionalism displayed by silva inside the cage when he gets matched up against other guys who give him too much respect and are too afraid to fight the guy. now we get to see it outside of the cage as well

i just think that was damn well stupid. so did the other thousands of people in attendance judging by the sounds of things.[/quote']

I didn't say I didn't approve of what Silva did. I'm glad he did it. Was it unprofessional? Yeah, but so is most everything Chael has said in done. If Silva gets a fine, which is most likely all it will be, it's fine. I won't care and neither will Silva.

Wow! Chael fanboys will really try anything. If Anderson REALLY was looking to get disqualified he would have socked Sonnen in the face....with actual FORCE behind it....not a lil' shoulder shrug lmao

I'm just glad Anderson Silva isn't fighting Wanderlei Silva for obvious reasons.

yea because wanderlei would have been brutally knocked out from that shot and the fight wouldn't have been able to go on